Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green backs....err, buys out return trip to Blackman.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems they went out and scheduled another team....No public school funds were used to negate the contract. (allegedly)

Who didn't see this coming??
Any one...any one??
[Image: tumblr_inline_muepfdk94b1qa7r1v.jpg]
#TrollOn
Yea, i'd buy the contract out if I knew I was going to get treated like absolute shit on the return trip because Blackman threw the world's biggest hissy fit over the officials after BG beat them last year.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Yea, i'd buy the contract out if I knew I was going to get treated like absolute shit on the return trip because Blackman threw the world's biggest hissy fit over the officials after BG beat them last year.

They would have seen how people are supposed to be treated at a road game....with CLASS! Please find me ANY instances that anybody coming to Blackman has been mistreated. I would love to hear them.

It is blatantly obvious the reason for this move. It is a desperate move to try to maintain their precious little winning streak. It is a low class move. They should be forced to forfeit. They know they lost their entire team, and Blackman will only be better....plus the refs won't be an issue which means a very likely "L"!!! Bowling Green is simply :igiveup:
blazeburnin Wrote:They would have seen how people are supposed to be treated at a road game....with CLASS! Please find me ANY instances that anybody coming to Blackman has been mistreated. I would love to hear them.

It is blatantly obvious the reason for this move. It is a desperate move to try to maintain their precious little winning streak. It is a low class move. They should be forced to forfeit. They know they lost their entire team, and Blackman will only be better....plus the refs won't be an issue which means a very likely "L"!!! Bowling Green is simply :igiveup:

I don't really care one way or another about the whole scenario, i'm an outsider, I don't know what BG or Blackman return in 2014. It just seems Blackman's outrage over the game seemed over the top, and that BG would get a less than nice visit to Blackman (officiating wise, not hospitality/fan wise).
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Yea, i'd buy the contract out if I knew I was going to get treated like absolute shit on the return trip because Blackman threw the world's biggest hissy fit over the officials after BG and their biased refereed beat them last year.

I fixed your post. :welcome:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:(officiating wise, not hospitality/fan wise).

Why do you say that??
Do you think a local officiating crew would put an out of town team at a disadvantage? :eyeroll:
Tha Purples ere "King of the Forest"......Eye wunder if Blackman will serve Kentucky Fried Chicken the 10th week of the season.....:notworthy

Don't blame them.
No good would have come from that game.

BG is worried about another state title, not going to TN only to get 4 or 5 players ejected as payback.
Smart move on BGs part.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Don't blame them.
No good would have come from that game.

BG is worried about another state title, not going to TN only to get 4 or 5 players ejected as payback.
Smart move on BGs part.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but there would have been absolutely ZERO chance of that happening. The refs down here aren't perfect, but there is a little thing called class and sportsmanship that BG doesn't seem to quite understand.

If you're worried about payback, then does the BG nation admit that there is something that deserves "payback"? I thought the officiating was supposedly perfectly called!

bottom line... High School sports is all about teaching young kids lessons. I guess this is the kind of lesson they teach at BG. If you are afraid of something it is perfectly acceptable to run from it. Don't worry about standing up and facing adversity....just go for the easy wins. Sure, that sounds like life to me.
Bowling Green was scared and tucked tale and ran. Sad that a 3 time state champ couldn't show a little more backbone and honor their commitment.
Pretty scathing, yet fair, commentary from the Blackman coach.

Bowling Green backs out of game
Bowling Green is worried about the safety of their players and fans. I was at the game last year. Blackman is the dirtiest team I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. Threats were made in the stands by fans from Blackman. Coaches threatened fans and players. It was like 1987 Miami hurricanes. You can insinuate and Shadowens can passively call Wallace a liar but I was there. Bowling Greens boosters can certainly afford the $5,000 and the Blaze and the rest of Tn can pound sand.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Bowling Green is worried about the safety of their players and fans. I was at the game last year. Blackman is the dirtiest team I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. Threats were made in the stands by fans from Blackman. Coaches threatened fans and players. It was like 1987 Miami hurricanes. You can insinuate and Shadowens can passively call Wallace a liar but I was there. Bowling Greens boosters can certainly afford the $5,000 and the Blaze and the rest of Tn can pound sand.
It's a high school football game. Get a grip.
blazeburnin Wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way, but there would have been absolutely ZERO chance of that happening. The refs down here aren't perfect, but there is a little thing called class and sportsmanship that BG doesn't seem to quite understand.

If you're worried about payback, then does the BG nation admit that there is something that deserves "payback"? I thought the officiating was supposedly perfectly called!

bottom line... High School sports is all about teaching young kids lessons. I guess this is the kind of lesson they teach at BG. If you are afraid of something it is perfectly acceptable to run from it. Don't worry about standing up and facing adversity....just go for the easy wins. Sure, that sounds like life to me.

Bottom line is....if I were in BG's shoes I would have done the same thing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bottom line is....if I were in BG's shoes I would have done the same thing.
Do you agree with the Blackman coach that BG should have informed them 2 months ago they had no intention of playing?
Thunder Lips Wrote:Do you agree with the Blackman coach that BG should have informed them 2 months ago they had no intention of playing?

Yes I do. He should have notified them right after the season was over because most likely, he knew after the first game he wouldn't be returning.

I would think Blackman would have been the favorite going into next year.
Hopefully both teams can find a game to fill in that void.
Jackson05 Wrote:Bowling Green was scared and tucked tale and ran. Sad that a 3 time state champ couldn't show a little more backbone and honor their commitment.

Sad that a program like Blackman is still complaining about a regular season game that happened 3 months ago
Iam4thecats Wrote:Bowling Green is worried about the safety of their players and fans. I was at the game last year. Blackman is the dirtiest team I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. Threats were made in the stands by fans from Blackman. Coaches threatened fans and players. It was like 1987 Miami hurricanes. You can insinuate and Shadowens can passively call Wallace a liar but I was there. Bowling Greens boosters can certainly afford the $5,000 and the Blaze and the rest of Tn can pound sand.

LIES - - However, fans did get upset when they figured out that Bowling Green and their referees were treating them unfairly.

I was at the game as well.

Fact is BG backed out of their commitment, set a bad example for their kids and fans, and cost another school a lot of money. If BG is so full of class, then they should be happy to bring it on down to Tennessee and put it on display. Anything besides that sends the message that they are certainly not worthy of all the positive comments we had heard before.
toussaints Wrote:Sad that a program like Blackman is still complaining about a regular season game that happened 3 months ago

They aren't complaining about that game.

They are complaining about the one that was supposed to be played Oct 31, 2014 that BG bailed out on.

They are complaining they could have been told of BG's intention to not play the game 2 months ago to give them more time to find a game.

All legitimate complaints.
mat73557 Wrote:LIES - - However, fans did get upset when they figured out that Bowling Green and their referees were treating them unfairly.

I was at the game as well.

Fact is BG backed out of their commitment, set a bad example for their kids and fans, and cost another school a lot of money. If BG is so full of class, then they should be happy to bring it on down to Tennessee and put it on display. Anything besides that sends the message that they are certainly not worthy of all the positive comments we had heard before.

I highly doubt backing out of one football game against an out of state team is a worse example than whats currently being shown on every tv channel on tv right now...

I always love when someone acts like something like this is a big deal and sets a bad example. No, watching "celebrities" with avid followers shoot heroin and snort cocaine is a bad example.
This is a game, and one that BG apparently didn't want to play. I doubt any of the kids are disappointed or mad they wont be going to blackman, and as for this state, I highly doubt anyone cares that they did so. There still state champions, and probably will be next year as well.
blazeburnin Wrote:I guess this is the kind of lesson they teach at BG. If you are afraid of something it is perfectly acceptable to run from it. Don't worry about standing up and facing adversity....just go for the easy wins. Sure, that sounds like life to me.

Or alternately, if one anticipates that keeping an appointment will likely result in an antagonistic, overly emotional exercise in poor sportsmanship that benefits no one, the responsible and mature decision would be to simply cancel it.

Tomayto, tomahto.

This must be poor sportsmanship as well.
And did BG get flagged for this hit? The play when Blackman was flagged for the late hit out of bounds it looked to be the same situation. Also to note it was the same ref that was on the BG side line the this hit out of bounds. And the same one on the back to back flags that Blackman leading up to the hit out of bounds. Looking at the video I saw the back to back flags was close if you look in real time. It was a run play by BG #70 for BG was blocking #40 for Blackman 70 went to the ground as he was getting hit. It looked like the kid kicked him with his foot but the BG player still had a piece of his shoe and that's why I think he called the first flag
There are two incidents on the clip above, and they were back to back. BG Did not get flagged for the TWO hits out of bounds to the Blackman QB. When he was pushed down, one of the Bowling Green players was taunting him and (you dont see it on this clip) when the Blackman QB was heading back on field, someone said somehing else to him which causes him to turn around abruptly and react....15 YARDS. When they went back to the huddle, the official was facing the line of scrimmage and backing up and the Blackman TE touched him on the shoulder as he was walking up to the line so they would not collide....15 YARDS.

That play you are referring to is at a different point in the game and our guy got his foot hung up and it looked like a kick. Certainly nothing vicious.

Seems like at this point that BG is just too afraid to put their boys on the line again. It was too close for them the last time.
Thunder Lips Wrote:They aren't complaining about that game.

They are complaining about the one that was supposed to be played Oct 31, 2014 that BG bailed out on.

They are complaining they could have been told of BG's intention to not play the game 2 months ago to give them more time to find a game.

All legitimate complaints.

and was it set in stone that BG would not be playing that game or that they were thinking about it?

what would Blackman have done if BG told them 2 month ago that they were thinking of dropping the game? I doubt they would've started looking to replace them seeing that it wasn't a done deal. I doubt Blackman would've dropped them from the schedule.

but I imagine Blackman would've started complaining about it, like they are right now
Wondur if'un McCallie will send BG a check...???
STARSNBARS Wrote:Wondur if'un McCallie will send BG a check...???

I doubt it.
From what I understand mccallie was the exact opposite. AKA... anti thug.
mat73557 Wrote:

This must be poor sportsmanship as well.

You just showed a video that didn't support what you are claiming happened. You are reaching to make your lies look good. If there was a flag on the QB Stork Montgomery would have it on film but the film mysteriously cuts away before the flag you're lying about. Stork was vehemently anti BG in the days following the game, this is his video you are using.
Iam4thecats Wrote:You just showed a video that didn't support what you are claiming happened. You are reaching to make your lies look good. If there was a flag on the QB Stork Montgomery would have it on film but the film mysteriously cuts away before the flag you're lying about. Stork was vehemently anti BG in the days following the game, this is his video you are using.

You are ignorant. I know who shot the film. Below is also Stork's film. Skip ahead to 9:12 smart guy. Watch both penalties and tell me that BG refs were not too involved.

And while you are at it, it's been said that Blackman purposely ran through BG's players when they entered the field. Blackman has never played on a field where there were no visitors bleachers. They always run out the length of the field in front of their fans. The field layout at BG is such that our kids had no where to go when the BG team ran out at the same time. Check that out at 1:05.

And how about the BG parents who were standing behind the Blackman bench CUSSING at our 16-18 year olds? Blackman coaches had to get the police over there.

None of you Bowling Green people have the right to call our kids thugs and classless without first admitting that your coach is classless and thuggish as well. Wallace has a reputation for bullying the refs and certainly he does not value commitment or sportsmanship.

I'm glad this has turned personal between you and me and you keep posting video showing that you are a liar. Blackman and BG were NOT introduced at the same time and the video clearly shows them in a slow walk waiting till BG was introduced and running through the intro on the other side of the 50. As far as your innocent QB do you care to explain which direction he went back on the field, which side of the LOS he was on and how he can possibly Jerk his head around at a reaction when he was shown on your video bobbing his head in the direction of the ref and BG players. Please send more video and call me more names I love it. #poundsand
Pages: 1 2 3