•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2014
Your statement about better kids not getting playing time is bs. I don't have a dog in this fight either but as a former player and long time fan I care about Russell football. I saw it happen all year long, and you don't have to be a scout to see who's performing better in a ball game. I saw a kid come in for 5 plays on the d line and had as many tackles as the other linman combined for the game. Smith even brought in a 4th string 160 lb running back to play on the line instead of using one of the other 2-3 linman that he could have used. It just wasn't one game either. Maybe these other kids didn't practice well or had bad attitudes, I don't know. But dont tell me it dosent happen.
I have no dog in the fight but I do know that I've been to most all the games this past season and you see a kid getting blown off the line you ask "why is he still in there" and every answer you get is "he's a senior". Granted I don't think that's considered politics and I do believe seniors should have first dibs if two are equally matched but I believe grades should be thrown out and best man wins. I think that's where some of the grumbling has come from. Just my opinion. Not stating any kind of fact.
I totally agree, a Sr should always have a starting position if its equell or even if slightly behind. But when other kids come in and make the plays that the starters couldn't make and it happened every time, then no, the Sr shouldn't be starting. Smith showed his incompetence over and over so playing lesser skilled players wasn't a surprise
^ The best player should play, regardless of class. The only exception IMO to this rule is if you are trying to two platoon. Example: star QB would also be very slightly ahead of next best option at safety, but next guy plays to keep QB limited to offense. I think this scenario really develops a depth of talent over the season as more kids get clock.

Still, Rule 1 in my book -- best player plays regardless of class.
I like to platoon players if you have the numbers. I think Russell could most years with maybe just one or two guys going both ways.
Why would you platoon? No team in this area has that kind of talent. Highlands platoons bc they can put 11 good players out there at all times. Most schools do not have the luxury of 22 or more really good players. Put your best 11 out there at all times. That's why you condition like crazy, so that guys can play both ways for 48 min.. That's one of Russell's biggest problems, they don't condition properly. I can't believe nobody has ever stood up and questioned how the past coaching staff ran their conditioning and weight program. Everyone I have talked to from Russell says the players rarey if ever run hard in practice.. That's just crazy to me that a staff doesn't commit to running their players in practice. Most Friday nights the team that is in the best shape wins. Whoever takes over at Russell is going to have to put in place some MAJOR culture changes if they want to be successful.
I like the platoon system if you have the numbers. It builds depth.
MARK MAYNARD: A Decision Where Nobody WinsMark Maynard 01/17/2014 6:00 AM
It was a stalemate of epic proportions, the young superintendent with an eye toward the future staring down the 75-year-old coach who simply is the school football program’s past.
What do you do?
I feel sorry for both of these men and in ways admire them both for the stands that were taken on Tuesday, although the ugliness of the end result was not what anyone wanted for either of them.
But at the end of the day, Sean Horne, the young Russell Schools superintendent with the weight of running a school system on his shoulders, was holding the trump card. He is responsible for everything that happens in the Russell schools and that includes the direction of the athletic programs.
He offered an olive branch of a “Farewell Tour” season for the adored coach — one last hurrah around the area — but Ivan McGlone declined the invitation. Horne made a similar offer before the 2013 season that was rebuffed, too.
“It’s not in my nature to have them parade me around for a year,” McGlone said. “Either you’re the coach or you’re not.”
So with that, McGlone’s 38-year storybook coaching career was over with one last bitter chapter. It’s not the way anyone — not Horne and not McGlone — wanted it to end. It’s not the way it was supposed to end. Happy marriages of 38 years, most of them honeymoon years, usually don’t end with ugly divorces.
Who’s to blame?
Some will point to Horne, others will say enough was enough for McGlone. The decision will be debated in the community for years.
Horne’s decision was made, but he tried to set up a graceful ending for the venerable coach, who had remained the head coach the last few years despite several health setbacks and the loss of his spouse, Gloria, the love of his life. If she had still been with him, the move to step away from football would have been much easier for McGlone, who had two loves in his life — his wife and his football.
That’s why it’s understable that McGlone would act so defiantly about having football taken from him without so much as a reason why. It’s what he knows, what he loves, what he does best. So what will he do now? And was it the worst thing in the world to have somebody like Ivan McGlone around your sons?
Here’s something else: Any standard that he’s being held to was probably one he established himself.
Horne was not only looking out for the program’s health, which he obviously feels is better without McGlone, but also likely the coach’s own health issues associated with some of the setbacks. McGlone has coached from a walker or used a cane to help steady himself the past couple of seasons. He’s far from agile and the sideline can be a dangerous place for even the most nimble.
His mind is still sharp and he may be healthier now than he’s been the past two years. But, of course, he’s also not getting any younger. However, the old school coach can still hand out wisdom, and Ivan-isms, like candy and that’s not such a bad thing either.
Does he deserve to script his own ending to a storied coaching career?
Some would say yes, but how often does that happen for any of us? And how many of us ever really want to say, “That’s enough, I’m finished.”
Ivan McGlone wasn’t ready to do that, either. He was still looking at coaching for the long term. You have to admire that determination, that sense of passion.
That’s not how Horne saw it playing out. He was willing to go one last season, but no more. It was the only concession he was making. The future of Russell football, as he saw it from the Big Chair, needed a change.
Taking on the iconic coach who wasn’t willing to go along with the plan could be (and still may be) a PR nightmare for the young superintendent. But give credit to Horne for sticking to what he believed was best for Russell schools and, after all, that is what he’s hired to do.
It’s not going to be the most popular decision he ever makes — and it may even be the one decision he’s remembered for most — but on the gutsy meter it shows some fortitude.
Ivan McGlone has been Russell football since coming here from Vinson in 1976, winning 316 games and two state championships in 38 amazing seasons. Interestingly enough, his becoming Russell’s coach coincides with the time I began writing for the newspaper on a regular basis. McGlone is a treasured friend and obviously an outstanding coach. I’ve written game stories, previews, personal stories, features and columns about him during the last 38 years.
He always believed strongly in himself and his abilities, so it’s no surprise he didn’t want to put down the whistle. He firmly feels he has something more to give.
But for the sake of the program — a program with his stamp and fingerprints all over it — it may have been better to walk away quietly. Nothing was going to change with some harsh words.
His legacy as the greatest coach in Russell history is secure, whether he left now or coached two or three more seasons. Going out while crying foul didn’t pay respect to the program he created, a program that recognizes him as its Coaching Idol.
If Russell had a Mount Rushmore, his face would surely be carved on it.
The turf at Henry R. Evans Stadium is named after him, a fitting tribute to the man who put Russell football on the map.
He has been showered with accolades over the years and remains one of the most popular coaches in northeastern Kentucky history. The special moments have been many with Ivan McGlone as the head coach at Russell High School.
Whoever replaces him will have an enormous shadow that grows even larger because of this controversial and uncomfortable ending.
Could he have coached another year or two or even more? Certainly, if his health held out, it was possible.
But for better or worse, Sean Horne’s mind was made up. He wasn’t going to blink over a decision he had clearly debated many times in his own mind.
Time will be the only way to judge if it, indeed, was the right call.
MARK MAYNARD can be reached at [email]mmaynard@dailyindependent.com[/email] or (606) 326-2648.
^That's a very fair look at the situation.
FBALL Wrote:MARK MAYNARD: A Decision Where Nobody WinsMark Maynard 01/17/2014 6:00 AM
It was a stalemate of epic proportions, the young superintendent with an eye toward the future staring down the 75-year-old coach who simply is the school football program’s past.
What do you do?
I feel sorry for both of these men and in ways admire them both for the stands that were taken on Tuesday, although the ugliness of the end result was not what anyone wanted for either of them.
But at the end of the day, Sean Horne, the young Russell Schools superintendent with the weight of running a school system on his shoulders, was holding the trump card. He is responsible for everything that happens in the Russell schools and that includes the direction of the athletic programs.
He offered an olive branch of a “Farewell Tour” season for the adored coach — one last hurrah around the area — but Ivan McGlone declined the invitation. Horne made a similar offer before the 2013 season that was rebuffed, too.
“It’s not in my nature to have them parade me around for a year,” McGlone said. “Either you’re the coach or you’re not.”
So with that, McGlone’s 38-year storybook coaching career was over with one last bitter chapter. It’s not the way anyone — not Horne and not McGlone — wanted it to end. It’s not the way it was supposed to end. Happy marriages of 38 years, most of them honeymoon years, usually don’t end with ugly divorces.
Who’s to blame?
Some will point to Horne, others will say enough was enough for McGlone. The decision will be debated in the community for years.
Horne’s decision was made, but he tried to set up a graceful ending for the venerable coach, who had remained the head coach the last few years despite several health setbacks and the loss of his spouse, Gloria, the love of his life. If she had still been with him, the move to step away from football would have been much easier for McGlone, who had two loves in his life — his wife and his football.
That’s why it’s understable that McGlone would act so defiantly about having football taken from him without so much as a reason why. It’s what he knows, what he loves, what he does best. So what will he do now? And was it the worst thing in the world to have somebody like Ivan McGlone around your sons?
Here’s something else: Any standard that he’s being held to was probably one he established himself.
Horne was not only looking out for the program’s health, which he obviously feels is better without McGlone, but also likely the coach’s own health issues associated with some of the setbacks. McGlone has coached from a walker or used a cane to help steady himself the past couple of seasons. He’s far from agile and the sideline can be a dangerous place for even the most nimble.
His mind is still sharp and he may be healthier now than he’s been the past two years. But, of course, he’s also not getting any younger. However, the old school coach can still hand out wisdom, and Ivan-isms, like candy and that’s not such a bad thing either.
Does he deserve to script his own ending to a storied coaching career?
Some would say yes, but how often does that happen for any of us? And how many of us ever really want to say, “That’s enough, I’m finished.”
Ivan McGlone wasn’t ready to do that, either. He was still looking at coaching for the long term. You have to admire that determination, that sense of passion.
That’s not how Horne saw it playing out. He was willing to go one last season, but no more. It was the only concession he was making. The future of Russell football, as he saw it from the Big Chair, needed a change.
Taking on the iconic coach who wasn’t willing to go along with the plan could be (and still may be) a PR nightmare for the young superintendent. But give credit to Horne for sticking to what he believed was best for Russell schools and, after all, that is what he’s hired to do.
It’s not going to be the most popular decision he ever makes — and it may even be the one decision he’s remembered for most — but on the gutsy meter it shows some fortitude.
Ivan McGlone has been Russell football since coming here from Vinson in 1976, winning 316 games and two state championships in 38 amazing seasons. Interestingly enough, his becoming Russell’s coach coincides with the time I began writing for the newspaper on a regular basis. McGlone is a treasured friend and obviously an outstanding coach. I’ve written game stories, previews, personal stories, features and columns about him during the last 38 years.
He always believed strongly in himself and his abilities, so it’s no surprise he didn’t want to put down the whistle. He firmly feels he has something more to give.
But for the sake of the program — a program with his stamp and fingerprints all over it — it may have been better to walk away quietly. Nothing was going to change with some harsh words.
His legacy as the greatest coach in Russell history is secure, whether he left now or coached two or three more seasons. Going out while crying foul didn’t pay respect to the program he created, a program that recognizes him as its Coaching Idol.
If Russell had a Mount Rushmore, his face would surely be carved on it.
The turf at Henry R. Evans Stadium is named after him, a fitting tribute to the man who put Russell football on the map.
He has been showered with accolades over the years and remains one of the most popular coaches in northeastern Kentucky history. The special moments have been many with Ivan McGlone as the head coach at Russell High School.
Whoever replaces him will have an enormous shadow that grows even larger because of this controversial and uncomfortable ending.
Could he have coached another year or two or even more? Certainly, if his health held out, it was possible.
But for better or worse, Sean Horne’s mind was made up. He wasn’t going to blink over a decision he had clearly debated many times in his own mind.
Time will be the only way to judge if it, indeed, was the right call.
MARK MAYNARD can be reached at [email]mmaynard@dailyindependent.com[/email] or (606) 326-2648.

Im a former player of coach McGlone's early years and was on his first State Championship team. Yesterday was a hard day for a lot of us and he deserved to go out on his own terms. I'm proud to say I played for him. For a lot of us he was like a second dad and he made fine outstanding men out of us. This will just kill him because he lost his wife and now his football.
Allsports#1 Wrote:Im a former player of coach McGlone's early years and was on his first State Championship team. Yesterday was a hard day for a lot of us and he deserved to go out on his own terms. I'm proud to say I played for him. For a lot of us he was like a second dad and he made fine outstanding men out of us. This will just kill him because he lost his wife and now his football.

I completely agree.
I have talked to one of the coaches from Russell today and all the coaches have been relieved of coaching duties.
Evans and Caniff are still overseeing the weight program after school. Morris and Smith retired from coaching but are still school employees. The rest were given pink slips and asked to turn in their keys and remove personal belongings from the field house.
Who are the rest? How many paid coaches were on staff?
I was lucky enough to play for coach McGlone in the early 80's. We played in 4 state semifinals with my senior year ending with a 4 point difference between Russell and Danville. The 4 years we were in the semifinals the teams we played went on to be state champions and blew out their opponents by 30 and 40 pt. margins. Highlands twice, Conner and Danville. During those years I myself looked to coach McGlone as a father figure, since I didn't have one at home. He gave me advice and kept me out of trouble, because he knew the situation that each of his players were in at home and school. He knew what kind of style coaching each player needed to make them better. I love the man to death. And he still has a sharp mind. He can recall plays and situations from each game throughout his 38 yr career, and what we could have done different to win those ball games. He still today has one of the best football IQ's in the state, regardless of his age and medical condition. He was really looking forward to this season. He had a lot of talent returning and he new these next few years he had a lot of talent to work with. He can still win the big games with his style of football but you have to have the athletes to do it with.

My oldest son was a senior on the 2005 championship team. They were loaded with talent and they ran Ivan's wing T to perfection. Almost all of them went both ways. Covington Catholic came out with all their players playing one way, and it was the spread offense going up against the wing T. Guess what, they didn't know what hit them. They could not stop the wing T because we were talented at every position, and if every position carries out their assignment the wing T will still win ball games. We were the only public school to win a state championship that year. And we did it with the old wing T.

Ivan had some talent since the 2006 state runner-up team, but not like he had in the past years that would go deep into the playoffs. I think the next few years teams will have that talent and Ivan knows that. I feel that that's what Ivan had in mind. To take the talent he would have the next 3 seasons and then retire under his own terms with a championship team. Whether it was a district champ, region champ or state champ. It did not matter. He wanted that one last chance to go out as a champion.
The next 3 years Russell should just not be good but scary good. I to believe Ivan saw this. It's like pulling an 8lb bass up to the boat only to have it break your line while reaching for the net. He wanted that fish (championship). These kids coming up are talented and fused together. Many have been lured and approached from people from other area schools but have stayed at Russell because they have seen the bigger picture. Whoever they hire will be walking into talent, new facilities, and a great fan base.
Long overdue.

Ivan was a great guy, but he was 75 with major health problems. Russell has been atrocious the past 6 years or so, losing to teams like Lewis Co. Whether it's coaching or just a cycle of poor talent that schools the size of Russell will go through (without recruiting), I don't know. A change was definitely needed at the HC position.

As far as new coaches I'd like to see in there. I really liked Cecil when he was at Russell, and I think he would be a great fit for Russell.

He now has HC experience, and he would be the first person I would ask if I was in charge.

I would have liked to have seen McPeek get the job, but that is unlikely now.

Nate needs to move to a state where football is taken more seriously. This whole thing about recruiting is the norm in most places, if football is actually taken seriously.
Smoking crack is the norm in Detroit. Doesn't make it right. Lol
Money is not the issue if Matney is really interested. JC takes care of him in that aspect.
Slate clean for new Red Devil head football coachAaron Snyder 01/18/2014 6:48 AM
As expected, the future of the entire Russell football coaching staff is in question.
A day after the school announced that Ivan McGlone was no longer the head coach after 38 seasons, the remaining paid assistant coaches received notices regarding their status for next year.
Each assistant was given a letter stating that his contract had been fulfilled for the past year, since contracts are made on a year-to-year basis, and his salary for the next year would reflect the void of previous coaching compensation.
Basically, the slate is wiped clean in order for the new head coach to make staff decisions. This is considered common practice, and several may even return as assistants.
Jeff Smith, who played and coached for McGlone, decided to retire from coaching. He will remain an educator through next December.
“Other than my time in college or the six years that I left to start Fairview’s program back, I have played or coached with Ivan for 24 years,” said Smith, who was Fairview’s head coach from 1998-2000. “He has been like a second father to me. Even as much as I will miss the players and Friday nights, I don’t see myself coaching without Ivan.”
Garry Morris has been on the staff since 1997, after coming over from Lawrence County. Most of his stint was served as defensive coordinator. The Red Devils’ defense was continually a main reason for their success, especially in the mid-2000s. During Russell’s state runner-up season in 2006, it tallied four shutouts.
Morris, Russell High School’s Dean of Students, said the way McGlone’s legendary run ended was unsettling.
McGlone said on Thursday that he was offered a farewell season for both 2013 and ’14, but turned down the grand exit both times. The 75-year-old wasn’t ready to stop coaching, but Russell elected to go in a different direction.
“I’m frustrated and sad about how the whole ordeal played out,” Morris said. “I realize, however, that change is inevitable, but rarely easy. Obviously, this is not easy. I want to thank Coach McGlone. The great times far outweigh the not so great, and that’s still the case.”
Morris assumed the spot that Smith left vacant upon his departure to Fairview in 1997. Smith rejoined the staff in 2003.
Like Smith, Morris also referred to McGlone as family.
“I can’t remember when we first met, and that’s because I feel like, much like a father, he’s always been there,” Morris said. “Simply put, to me, he’s family.”
Morris has been rumored as a candidate to take over the program.
In response to those rumors, Morris said, “I’m not even thinking about football at all right now.
“Right now, I’m no longer a football coach,” he added. “I did not retire, I did not submit a letter, but right now I’m not a coach.”
The 50-year-old said he has a seventh-grade daughter who will also play a major role in any future decisions.
Tracy Edwards, one of the longest-serving assistant coaches ever in the area, hopes to have a decision in front of him. He spent 27 seasons as part of the staff with McGlone.
“I live and breathe Russell football and, if the opportunity arose, I would certainly be thrilled and for sure consider it,” said Edwards, who played his final season at Russell in 1975, a year before McGlone became head coach. Edwards joined the staff in 1987.
“I missed playing for him by one year,” Edwards said. “That sure would’ve been fun to play for him and then coach with him, too ... It’s certainly been an honor to coach with him and spend as much time as I did with him.”
Other (paid and unpaid) assistants on last year’s staff included Lee Evans, Dave Caniff, Buford Hurley, Chris Castle, Rhese McKenzie, Leslie Johnson and Tony Pierce.
AARON SNYDER can be reached [email]atasnyder@dailyindependent.com[/email] or (606) 326-2664.
In my opinion the best hire for Ressell's new head football coach would be TJ Maynard. I could go on and on about the reasons why but if you know anything about football and anything about TJ you would know why. The only problem would be is would TJ come. If he ever wanted to win a state championship it would be a good move for him. One thing I willl mention is With the dominating private schools in class A he would have a better chance of winning a state title in 2A.
devil58 Wrote:I know most of today's conversation is about Coach and with good reason BUT I have to say this about all the WHINING I see on this and different sites about politics and playing time at Russell... Having coached there at the varsity level without any dogs in the fight I have to call BULL$hIT!!! STOP your whining and face the reality that your little Johnny or Susie just aren't that good if they aren't playing... I don't know of a coach over there who doesn't play the people who THEY believe give them the best chance to win night in and night out... I call this condition, Little League Parent Syndrome... Everybody believes their child is the next superstar and if they don't get the playing time they think they deserve it's because of politics... Varsity sports are NOT guaranteed play just because you're on the team... SHUT UP and GROW UP!!!

BTW, take a drive around area high schools and you'll see parents at EVERY practice... Drive by Paul Blazer... There are almost always chairs lining the upper parking lot overlooking their practice field during practice... It happens everywhere and TRUST ME, it doesn't affect playing time... You see it more at outdoor practices because it's an open area... Parents aren't at the indoor practices watching...

Thank you Devil58 for explaining the obvious answer to this issue in the posts that is so ridiculous. If people don't realize it, at the high school level it does not matter if a parent is attending a practice or not. High school coaches will make decisions no matter who is watching. These coaches are beyond the little league coaching politics and they could care less who is watching there practices. In a successful program that has a lot of tradition you are going to have fans, booster, parents and I've even seen board members watching the practices just because they bleed maroon and gold. I remember back in the 80's when I played we always had men watch our practices. Most of them did not even have a son on the team. When you are a die hard fan of Russell Football and you have nothing to do from 3:30 pm to 5pm in the evenings Mon. thru Thurs. come on over and watch the Red Devil's practice. That's when you will find out little Johnny is not playing on Friday nights even if he is the strongest player on the team. It's because he is not putting forth any effort in practice.
Devil68 Wrote:In my opinion the best hire for Ressell's new head football coach would be TJ Maynard. I could go on and on about the reasons why but if you know anything about football and anything about TJ you would know why. The only problem would be is would TJ come. If he ever wanted to win a state championship it would be a good move for him. One thing I willl mention is With the dominating private schools in class A he would have a better chance of winning a state title in 2A.

If you think Russell can get by New Cath, Desales, Danville, Somerset, possibly Mayfield and Beechwood. With realignment, Single A will be a much more competitive class. 2A should be the most well rounded and fun class within their top 10. TJ is a great coach and wherever he is at he will be successful. I dont think he leaves though. It would take a significant $ increase and the Super would have to give him almost full control of the program, bc thats what he has now. I think in 30 years, there's a chance TJ Maynard willbe mentioned in the same breath as McGlone, BMR, and BTR.
I believe Russsell will be 3A at the next realignment. And yes they can compete with Those 2A schools as well. This is another reason the Ams are the Ams. The people there don't believe they are one of the contenders.
I don't even know how anyone would know who's the strongest player is anyway. They never went to Racelands Show of Strength. To be honest I would love for every player to be the strongest. Strength is good. IMO not as much for blocking and tackling but to keep players from injury. Rob Tooley was an awesome center back in his day and I'm sure he wasn't very strong.
DevilWatcher Wrote:I don't even know how anyone would know who's the strongest player is anyway. They never went to Racelands Show of Strength. To be honest I would love for every player to be the strongest. Strength is good. IMO not as much for blocking and tackling but to keep players from injury. Rob Tooley was an awesome center back in his day and I'm sure he wasn't very strong.

You are exactly right about Rob Tooley Devilwatche perfect example. He was not the strongest on the team but he played hard. And sometime that means more than strength. I would rather have a player give 100% every play than have the strongest kid on the team to go hard one play then take 3 plays off.
FBALL Wrote:I believe Russsell will be 3A at the next realignment. And yes they can compete with Those 2A schools as well. This is another reason the Ams are the Ams. The people there don't believe they are one of the contenders.

I disnt say what I meant very well. I know Russell can compete with those schools, outside of Mayfield(which i think was the best small school this year 1-3A even though tey lost to Caldwell Co by 7), i think the top 5 in 1A could compete with the top 5 from 2A. I too think Russell will be in 3A. But with that said, I was just refering to the fact that they had said TJ had a better shot winning a 2A title, rather than a 1A.

If things shake up the way it seems, Beechwood will be the lone perinial power left in 1A. But if Russell WERE 2A and things go the way they seem otherwise, then Russell's got all of thise teams plus Mayfield to go through to win a title.

2A isnt the 2A t was back in 05/06 where there was Russell, Breathitt, O Cath, Mercer Co and then everyone else. More private schools now, m
ore NkY and Louisville Metro schools.

I am one of the few that think Raceland will win a title in the next 3-5 years and probably have several chances. We will take or lumps early next hear, but I think this team will suprise people b seasons end. 2015 and 2016, will be more bs talk of best team ever and high expectations again, but next years team has the POTENTIAL, to be better than this past year, just a different style of team. Would love to have seen Tyler Morris come back out, kid had a cannonand was very atheletic.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I disnt say what I meant very well. I know Russell can compete with those schools, outside of Mayfield(which i think was the best small school this year 1-3A even though tey lost to Caldwell Co by 7), i think the top 5 in 1A could compete with the top 5 from 2A. I too think Russell will be in 3A. But with that said, I was just refering to the fact that they had said TJ had a better shot winning a 2A title, rather than a 1A.

If things shake up the way it seems, Beechwood will be the lone perinial power left in 1A. But if Russell WERE 2A and things go the way they seem otherwise, then Russell's got all of thise teams plus Mayfield to go through to win a title.

2A isnt the 2A t was back in 05/06 where there was Russell, Breathitt, O Cath, Mercer Co and then everyone else. More private schools now, m
ore NkY and Louisville Metro schools.

I am one of the few that think Raceland will win a title in the next 3-5 years and probably have several chances. We will take or lumps early next hear, but I think this team will suprise people b seasons end. 2015 and 2016, will be more bs talk of best team ever and high expectations again, but next years team has the POTENTIAL, to be better than this past year, just a different style of team. Would love to have seen Tyler Morris come back out, kid had a cannonand was very atheletic.
Mayfield has been loaded the past few years. But like I've said before. Talent usually comes and goes in cycles.

You left Belfry out of that 2A group from the past.
Forgot Belfrey was there. Was thinking they were in 3 with JC in that alignment.
Why isn't this job posted on khsaa website?
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next