Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 34 Paducah Tilghman 10
Make no mistake Belfry is awesome but, tonight is about a 4-time state champion getting it handed to them! Say it with me fans Tyler Guffey is a Mr. Football if he played in the golden triangle everyone would know that name!
Amen on Guffey. He is a heck of a player.
I agree Guffey was in target tonight played an awesome game, Guffey def should be a favorite for Mr. Football, this game should open up the eyes of many, Roll Cards!!!
I am a Mayfield fan as well, so I didn't have a dog in the fight either, just thought Tilghman would give Wayne a game tonight and I was wrong. The coaching woes are a legitimate concern over there, been going on for years. I have no idea what happened tonight but I have seen enough teams go thru Tilghman to tell you they have excellent talent over there and each year it seems they under-perform to their abilities.
Congratulations Wayne County!

Best of luck next week!
gobigredMHS Wrote:I am a Mayfield fan as well, so I didn't have a dog in the fight either, just thought Tilghman would give Wayne a game tonight and I was wrong. The coaching woes are a legitimate concern over there, been going on for years. I have no idea what happened tonight but I have seen enough teams go thru Tilghman to tell you they have excellent talent over there and each year it seems they under-perform to their abilities.

I will tell you exactly what happened tonight. Wayne kicked PT's butt just like everyone else they've played. They are getting better every game.
Great job Wayne County. Good luck next week in Bowling Green.
Tica Wrote:Congrats to Wayne.

PT performed as predicted with numerous mistakes and penalties and just going through the motions, this game was over before it started. PT's coaches fighting amongst themselves the week before the game and the defensive Guru Larry Shanks resigned or was dismissed before Thanksgiving. No one will say for sure but he was not there tonight. Shanks turned the team around when he came back in mid-season. Tilghman fans in the stands were chanting 'Bring Back Shanks.'

Easy to beat a house divided. Wayne deserved it much more and wish them the best.

Ill take my crow.

No he didn't.....your schedule got easier. Look at who you played in your wins and loses.
Shawn this is Great, you my friend have done a wonderful job. Cong: to all the Wayne Co. players and other Coaches Go win it All.
Congrats to the Cardinals. Listened to the game on the web, Cards dominated. I'll be sitting on the Wayne County side next week at State. Good Luck!
I wish the PT bunch could give Wayne a little credit. Guffey has played all year, night in and night out, like he did last night. 34-10 the Cardinals might have had a little to do with that.
I too wish Wayne lots of luck. They were the better team obviously. We are not trying to take anything away from them. We will be on their bandwagon this week. We are just trying to get pt to understand there is a problem and it needs to be fixed. We have been trying to get through to them for the past 2 years. Shanks is not only a great def coordinator but is a great disciplinarian. He provided the structure that was previously very lacking there and is going to be lacking again if the admin doesn't correct this.
From this and many other Tilghman fans, a Big Congratulations to Wayne County.

I haven't posted on here much, but I will tell you I have been a PT fan for forty years and the few PT posters on here are just venting frustrations that have been brewing for several years and peaked this week with the dismissal of our DC who was the heart and soul of our team. Oh yeah, and we also switched OC's to our Freshman coach, sheer brilliance. We are not trying to say that would have changed the outcome, we are speaking on the whole direction of the program with hand grenades going off in our clubhouse constantly.

So again a sincere congrats, don't worry about us, focus on your next opponent as it is the only real prize.
Wayne got several short fields after they got up 14-3 tilman was 1 demmensional and wayne set back and waited on them to pass and made several int, and wayne made them pay on turnover and they play hard and know what there supposed to do on each play, now they wanted Belfry and they got....
Tilghman gave Wayne a 10 yard cushion on their receivers all night.
Wayne broke off routes 8 yards all night.
I am sure Waynes OC was up there thinking "really? are they really going to keep giving us this?"

YEP
Congratulations to the Cardinals!
I hope PT can get their problems fixed. They are one of the traditional powers in Kentucky.
Maybe PT did "Show Up" but Wayne Co was just that much better, any body ever consider that?
Congrats to Shawn Thompson and all of Wayne County on the Cardinals' Semi State Victory. See you at WKU!!!
Wow what an outcome! I'll take my crow piled high, this wayne team is legit. And to the ignorant remark about coaches having nothing to do with them losing by so much you are an idiot. When coaches you look to for direction and guidance all year long aren't there to help you what can you do? I believe wayne would have been the winner handily of this game but I really feel sorry for the tilghman kids. Hopefully they can get there staff back on track!
I have been trying to figure out why the admin at a football power school can't figure out they have a problem there for about 3 years. I think they were about to do something after the 2009 season, but then they won state. Oh, who was their dc then? Oh yeah, Shanks.
I really don't understand this whole situation. Shanks who is one heck of a coach doesn't start the season, team struggles then he comes back and team wins. Then coaching power struggle ensues the Sunday before the semi's. Wow!
It is said that Tilghman coach Randy Wyatt did not appear for his weekly radio show on Saturday morning. I am not sure if there is anything else to say about that but several were maybe hoping to hear some discussion and coaching insight into the game Friday. Perhaps he overslept.
Yeah he has overslept since Dec of 2009
Congrats to Wayne on the win!
I think wc has a real good shot against Belfry. This should be one heck of a game.
Why did Shanks get fired? Anybody?
I believe that whatever the case, if a few grown men couldn't get along for the better of the TEAM in a semifinal game and for seniors who won't get another shot that none of them should coach anywhere again! Selfishness is ridiculous it should be about those kids and winning and if they couldn't sit down like men and settle differences and then lash out and act like children after the season then they don't belong coaching anything.

Regardless, I believe Wayne was the better team, but still...
Glad to see Wayne gets to play on the big stage and show everybody how good they are. Guffey is a stud.
They had to be a really good team in order to beat even a wounded PT team by that much. Last year we only beat PT by 21.