Poll: Who wins this 3A game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
32.69%
Wayne County
67.31%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County @ Paducah Tilghman(State Semi Finals)11/29/13
travel time is not a issue Wayne will most likely take a charter and show up early eat a good meal and sit back a relax with a run threw at a local high school.
Wayne by 14
I like PT in this game by 7-10 points.
Tilghman will play hard on defense for sure. Their offense is a bit of jekyl and hyde. They have only given up no more than 7 points per contest in the last 7 games. while scoring 42 or more during the same stretch except for the south warren game. That defense is the best ive seen including highlands,Mccracken,Reitz,Henderson,or Mayfields. Yet PT scored more than 21 on all those teams. If someone can make an argument that Waynes defense is better than souths, Ill concede. Im going with PT by 14.Also the only team they both played was Monroe.Wayne beat them 44-14. Tilghman 49-7 with a running clock. Was waynes victory over them with a running clock?
52 smash Wrote:Tilghman will play hard on defense for sure. Their offense is a bit of jekyl and hyde. They have only given up no more than 7 points per contest in the last 7 games. while scoring 42 or more during the same stretch except for the south warren game. That defense is the best ive seen including highlands,Mccracken,Reitz,Henderson,or Mayfields. Yet PT scored more than 21 on all those teams. If someone can make an argument that Waynes defense is better than souths, Ill concede. Im going with PT by 14.Also the only team they both played was Monroe.Wayne beat them 44-14. Tilghman 49-7 with a running clock. Was waynes victory over them with a running clock?

Running clock is not going to matter in this one. Both teams will be ready to go Friday IMO PT cannot contain Tyler Guffey!! He can throw long, throw short, and if that don't work he will run you over!! PT will play Wayne tuff but Guffey is on a mission!! He is probably the best qb in the state!! If he played in lex/Lou he would be a front runner for mr football. He's the real deal Holyfield!! Wayne has to be the favorite to win it all in 3a they are the best all around team IMO.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Running clock is not going to matter in this one. Both teams will be ready to go Friday IMO PT cannot contain Tyler Guffey!! He can throw long, throw short, and if that don't work he will run you over!! PT will play Wayne tuff but Guffey is on a mission!! He is probably the best qb in the state!! If he played in lex/Lou he would be a front runner for mr football. He's the real deal Holyfield!! Wayne has to be the favorite to win it all in 3a they are the best all around team IMO.

I hope Wayne and BC both stay the Favorites because Tilman and Belfry like being the underdog..
Monroe game was a running clock first game of the season.
cuppett777 Wrote:I hope Wayne and BC both stay the Favorites because Tilman and Belfry like being the underdog..

No way Wayne is the favorite. Tilghman has played football for a 100 years, Wayne since 1969. Tilghman has all kind of athletes, Wayne has a few. Wayne has to drive 5 hours, Tilghman doesnt. Wayne has never been this far, Tilghman has been a state champion recently. Honestly its amazing that Wayne is still here, odds are they would have never made it this far, but they did. This is what makes football amazing. Wayne doesn't really care about all this stuff. They arent worried about anything except Paducah Tilghman. They will play their guts out Friday night.
Go big red, you are not thinking clearly. I don't care if Wayne's qb is Ben Rothlesberger, he won't run over the pt defenders. They are stout. Jonathan Jackson didn't even run them over last year. He may run but he won't run them over.
How fast is Wayne county overall, meaning team speed, cause year in and year out Tilghman is one of the fastest teams in the state.
mysonis55 Wrote:Go big red, you are not thinking clearly. I don't care if Wayne's qb is Ben Rothlesberger, he won't run over the pt defenders. They are stout. Jonathan Jackson didn't even run them over last year. He may run but he won't run them over.

Guffey will not run over Tilghman.
johnnyd Wrote:No way Wayne is the favorite. Tilghman has played football for a 100 years, Wayne since 1969. Tilghman has all kind of athletes, Wayne has a few. Wayne has to drive 5 hours, Tilghman doesnt. Wayne has never been this far, Tilghman has been a state champion recently. Honestly its amazing that Wayne is still here, odds are they would have never made it this far, but they did. This is what makes football amazing. Wayne doesn't really care about all this stuff. They arent worried about anything except Paducah Tilghman. They will play their guts out Friday night.

I got this from GO BIG RED,i know all that about Tilman and Wayne..but he said.....Running clock is not going to matter in this one. Both teams will be ready to go Friday IMO PT cannot contain Tyler Guffey!! He can throw long, throw short, and if that don't work he will run you over!! PT will play Wayne tuff but Guffey is on a mission!! He is probably the best qb in the state!! If he played in lex/Lou he would be a front runner for mr football. He's the real deal Holyfield!! Wayne has to be the favorite to win it all in 3a they are the best all around team IMO.
gobigredMHS Wrote:How fast is Wayne county overall, meaning team speed, cause year in and year out Tilghman is one of the fastest teams in the state.

Wayne has overall team speed not just a few kids ....the D line is fast and strong not big and slow they cause a lot of problems....Other than Guffey they don't have any standouts because they have a host of talented kids from top to bottom
Actually.....Perkins #1 for Wayne Co. could start for any team in the state. He is as fast as anyone in KY high school football. Now PT will have an advatage in team speed, no doubt but Wayne has a few kids that can run.
Guffey and the Wayne County Cardinals will move on to the next round. you'll stop doubting them when they bring the State Championship home lol
Man, you eastern guys are pretty confident, lol. Wayne County had better play their best game of the year is all I am saying.
I'm a Whitley County fan. I just know how tough Wayne is. they are fundamentally sound and physical.
Wayne tries hard to structure this into a Cinderella story. Hint: You can't be both #1 and be Cinderella. Wayne is the new 3A king this week; wear your crown proudly and walk with a little swagger. Fortunately, Tilghman has seen better teams this year than Wayne. They have played against outstanding QB's and receivers. I'm sure we will see another great QB Friday night. In fact, we will see two of them.
And I am a Mayfield fan and I know how physical and fast Tilghman is, they don't win state track championships year in and year out cause they are average.

If Wayne is fundamentally sound that does help, but Tilghman is on a tear after they brought back their DC.
I guess wayne is carrying the eastern flag. Most of these aren't wayne fans. I am and I agree we will have to have excellent execution to win this one. But I will say this eastern fans are no more confident than western fans check out mysonis55s posts if in doubt.
Any Tilghman fan will admit that its usually a tossup which team you get come playoffs but it appears they are peaking at the right time and that is a scary thing.
At this stage of the year, there are 3 things that matter the most, turnovers, who can hang on to the ball, and who turns it over. No one knows the answer to that, but it will rear it's ugly head on Friday night. Second, field position. When a team has been denied on 3rd down, how well does the special teams flip the field position. Again, you never know if a punter will get off a good punt or shank one. Finally, disciplined. What team does not make the foolish mistakes, penalties. PT has to do a better job at this then they did against SW. I know that Wayne Co. and Coach Thompson will be very disciplined.
Mountaineer Man Wrote:At this stage of the year, there are 3 things that matter the most, turnovers, who can hang on to the ball, and who turns it over. No one knows the answer to that, but it will rear it's ugly head on Friday night. Second, field position. When a team has been denied on 3rd down, how well does the special teams flip the field position. Again, you never know if a punter will get off a good punt or shank one. Finally, disciplined. What team does not make the foolish mistakes, penalties. PT has to do a better job at this then they did against SW. I know that Wayne Co. and Coach Thompson will be very disciplined.

Has wayne county seen a pass defense like the one they are gonna see Friday night? I wouldn't float anything on Tilghman or its 6 pts. I know Webster County is not a good measuring stick, but 5 picks, lol.

I would love to see this game but I will be 30 mins south watching my Mayfield Cardinals playing Frankfort.
I believe the difference in the game last week was 77 Wayne plays to Central's 30-40... Even the best defense gets tired that way. I'm going to take Paducah Tilghman but it's a total toss up I think. Hard to pick against Wayne after that big win last week, at the same time Paducah Tilghman barely got by so anything can happen.
Bigredmhs, we start at 6:30 this week. We could still catch the second half of that one.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I believe the difference in the game last week was 77 Wayne plays to Central's 30-40... Even the best defense gets tired that way. I'm going to take Paducah Tilghman but it's a total toss up I think. Hard to pick against Wayne after that big win last week, at the same time Paducah Tilghman barely got by so anything can happen.

Yeah, its a tough game to pick for sure, I have never seen Wayne County play and them beating Central is impressive, I know Central has been a historically good ball team, how are they this year compared to years past?

I don't think it will be a cakewalk for either team like some are thinking but if Tilghman plays to their potential it will be tough for a lot of teams to beat em.
gobigredMHS Wrote:Man, you eastern guys are pretty confident, lol. Wayne County had better play their best game of the year is all I am saying.

I think at this point all teams have to play their best game to win even PT

I've seen Wayne Play at their best if they play that way PT will not have a chance they are that good
I need a site to go to to listen to this one while at ours. Tica can you help me out?
The Wayne players say they are #1. No doubt about it.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ4pXSFIYAAMuP5.jpg]
I'd like to know how many touch downs that Wayne's first team has actual given up this year not counting TD's score on second team I'd say its 7-8 all year and 4 of those came against Corbin 1 against Williamsburg's high powered offense 1 to Bell off of an interception inside 20 others to Southwestern and Central.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next