Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler 29 Simon Kenton 14 Class 6A Playoffs
nky Wrote:^competitive to what? Once again a NKY team can not get passed a Louisville big school.

Marksberry like Warner did in 06,07,10. has hopefully learned his lesson and will schedule different competition next year. "Louisville type" schools they play a different style of ball.

If SK added a Scott County, Sycamore (OH), or a Northwest (Oh). I believe that they would of beat this Butler team. And I think SK could of took it to each of those teams this season. Nothing against NCC/Bullitt or Collins but there not 6a championship styled teams.

6a is still L-Ville, Nky, Lex, West.

The GAP is narrowing as NKY continues to grow.
Dixie with a new coach has sprung up, Boone should be very good in 2 more years, Campbell has Lickertt and has built a solid base for there program, SK returns 6a Veteran Marksberry who had a championship caliber team twice in 6 years. Ryle is rebuilding with 3 strong classes coming up.

A guy compared Butler to Winton Woods in Cincy and I agree from the film I saw. Freak athletes but if they start losing the discipline is gone. They athleticism they posesse is at another level than what most NKY teams bring to the table. Louisville schools have 3 Powells/Darion Washingtons and 5 Wassoms on the roster.

Still you can't take anything away from SKs 13-1 season.
Kuntz was true ky amazing and what he did IMO easily favors him in Mr. KY football rankings over Fant. Even with Fants great career BG would still win 90% of those games. If BK went down for SK they wouldn't of won half especially with Powell out.
Actually they are 12-1 but that is still a great season.
One area where I believe playing the L'ville 6a teams or comparable program is especially important is for a QB to experience closing speed in the secondary. Receivers that are "open" against NKy competition are really not open against secondaries with D1 level closing speed. Win or lose, a QB needs that experience prior to a playoff game.

Combine this with the windy conditions and an unfamiliar stadium and you put your QB in a difficult position.
SK is a well disciplined, well coached team that rarely hurts itself with penalties or turnovers. But the elite L'ville teams as well as Scott County, have 4 - 6 players with D -1 level speed that we just do not have here in NKy.

Last year, you could have taken an all star team from NKy 6a and not beaten Scott County. And, it would not have been close.
hardcore1 Wrote:Actually they are 12-1 but that is still a great season.

Fat fingers on an iPhone :Sad04:
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Guess it's back up to Ryle to being first title to NKY 6a.

Can you dig it? Wrote:Or Campbell.Confusedhh:

Spirit100 Wrote:or Dixie...

hop24 Wrote:OR SK! lol

Boone has no chance lol
Pick6 Wrote:SK is a well disciplined, well coached team that rarely hurts itself with penalties or turnovers. But the elite L'ville teams as well as Scott County, have 4 - 6 players with D -1 level speed that we just do not have here in NKy.

Last year, you could have taken an all star team from NKy 6a and not beaten Scott County. And, it would not have been close.

Last year Highlands drilled Scout Co. 60-37!
Butler basically kicked all of NKy 6A in the collective rear end. They will be mauled by Male. I disagree with those who say NKy 6A is getting close. I would say better than the Lexington 6A districts minus Scott and better than the Western KY 6A district, but there are just too many gifted athletes on the elite L'ville teams to cope with. Playing them in the non-district schedule would help, but I don't think it gets us over the hump.

When Butler's rb went down with injury against SK, the back up was even more effective and athletically gifted.
NKY, well really Boone County was close in the mid 90's. I think NKY is getting closer, but is still a ways away from contending with the Louisville powers every year, and that can be said about any 6A program outside of Louisville
I would expect some tougher schedules by the 6a NKY teams over the next few years. Say what you want about Ryle but we've played the toughest schedule the past 4 years out of any of the NKY teams outside of Highlands & NCC if you compare size. Those Colerains, Scott County's, Columbus Desales, Sycamore, Highlands, those teams prepare you for Louisville teams. Not Holy Cross, or any of the schools under 4a. No offense to those programs, there just not what it takes to learn and win in 6a.

The negative side of those schedules is a 3-8, and a 2-9 record. But when your trying to build a big time program you have to take it and continue to learn, how to play and defeat them. IMO Ryle was better off losing to Highlands every year than playing and losing or even beating Shelby County.
Also I stand by what I said SK would of beat Scott County this year. I know it because Scott County Outscores there opponents and forces them to drown in there own turnovers and trying to play Catch up with high school QBs that rarely pass for over 200yds.

SK could stop the SC defense with the solid D they had and Kuntz is the type of QB that could light Scott County up. The best Team SC played all year was HC who almost lost to Boone if you remember.

If Scott County beats Male I would be shocked. Male can stop the run and will force McKee to beat them. McKee hasn't even attempted 100 passes this season and it's gonna be under 30 degrees. That's the difference maker.

I will say this will go down as one of the biggest What-If games I've ever wanted to see. 13' Simon Kenton vs 13' Scott County
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I would expect some tougher schedules by the 6a NKY teams over the next few years. Say what you want about Ryle but we've played the toughest schedule the past 4 years out of any of the NKY teams outside of Highlands & NCC if you compare size. Those Colerains, Scott County's, Columbus Desales, Sycamore, Highlands, those teams prepare you for Louisville teams. Not Holy Cross, or any of the schools under 4a. No offense to those programs, there just not what it takes to learn and win in 6a.

The negative side of those schedules is a 3-8, and a 2-9 record. But when your trying to build a big time program you have to take it and continue to learn, how to play and defeat them. IMO Ryle was better off losing to Highlands every year than playing and losing or even beating Shelby County.

I guess the only argument that I can make, and I don't mean this as a flippant comment - but losing to "Those Colerains, Scott County's, Columbus Desales, Sycamore, Highlands" only prepared Ryle to get throttled by those teams that played weaker schedules. So, I'm not sure I completely buy in to your theory, unless you mean that instead of getting beat this year by a total of 109 points to SK, Dixie, and CCHS, that the tougher scheduled prevented them from getting beat by 209 points...... It might be more disappointing knowing that you lost by more to Campbell County, and by what Holy Cross lost to Campbell County by.... Just my opinion...
Stardust Wrote:I guess the only argument that I can make, and I don't mean this as a flippant comment - but losing to "Those Colerains, Scott County's, Columbus Desales, Sycamore, Highlands" only prepared Ryle to get throttled by those teams that played weaker schedules. So, I'm not sure I completely buy in to your theory, unless you mean that instead of getting beat this year by a total of 109 points to SK, Dixie, and CCHS, that the tougher scheduled prevented them from getting beat by 209 points...... It might be more disappointing knowing that you lost by more to Campbell County, and by what Holy Cross lost to Campbell County by.... Just my opinion...

I said this in the wrong way. I mean that SK, Dixie, and Campbell should play these type of teams to prepare there all star teams for that next step. Ryle played the schedule the past two years with teams that should never of played it. 09,10 those are the years they should of played the Colerains, & such. I get why he is scheduling such stiff competition. Becuase that is what prepares you to win vs the Louisville level.

My point is I would expect other programs especially now it's SK to start going after these type of teams to play.
Butler was fast but looked to lack that championship look. By that I mean they had great athletes but didn't stay in position and their fundamentals were weak. But Speed does kill.