Poll: Who wins this 3A game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
32.69%
Wayne County
67.31%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County @ Paducah Tilghman(State Semi Finals)11/29/13
No school Friday lets Wayne leave early and gives them plenty of time to stretch and relax once they arrive.
Wayne County -20
Paduach Tilghman-12
Wayne County moves on to Bowling Green.
Wayne Co. is a up and coming program. Havent heard much about them in the past, but it looks like they are doing things the right way. Its always impressive to watch a community grow and become a football tradition rich program. I know exactly where Wayne Co is located, tucked away in a small town surrounded b y lake Cumberland with good people and a country style of living that the state of Ky likes to hang there hat on.

Paducah on the other hand has a steeped tradition in football, already winning several state titles and looking to continue that tradition with great athletes and a community looking to bring back Tornado football.

Tradition can be thrown out the window when it comes to fundamentals in football, eleven guys playing football the right way, mistake free and running there offense to near perfection will beat talent every time if that talent is not focused on there game plan.

I like Wayne Co in this one, Wayne seems to be a program that is in the early stages of what Belfry has been able to accomplish over the last 5 decades. Country boys learning to play football. A coach from another team was once quoted in the lex hearld back in the 80"s. "these boys will hit ya, scary part is there learning to play football". Wayne Co has learned to play football and has arrived, and the future looks bright!

Wayne Co 24
Paducah 20
Go Cards! We'll be rooting for ya in Bell County. Hope y'all advance so I can watch ya in BG on the 6th!
Hummmm.. go twistas..was that the right thing to say.. ? Seems if pt pulls this one out their ass there will be plenty of plates of crow to eat.. seems to be lots of wc supporters.. I knoe they had there ups and downs and started the season 1-5 but I hope to see pt play after us in bg.. if they play flawless ball or even halfway flawless ball.. watch out.. if they come out and rack up pentalites it could be a long blue night for the boys in blue... there is a 30% chance they come out playing theirA game and if they are .....
Pt... 27
Wc...12
Tilghman 27 Wayne 14. The Bus ride to the state line is about 6 hours and Tilghman better than anyone knows about.
There is not a single fan from PT who has came here to stir anything up yet, so no one needs to try to stir up a pot full of accusations.
I am sure that Wayne co. is a great team, their record and taking Central out speaks for itself- period

That being said I do have confidence in my boys in blue, as long as the offense can roll smoothly. We had a tremendous problem at simply getting the plays called against SW (which totally befuddles me 13 games into the season?????)
I think SW fans will tell you that we have a pretty good defense ourselves.

One thing that continues to amaze me in general is that people continue to talk about 3A being "weak"-
There are a lot of bottom feeders in 3A, but the top 5-6 teams could play with anyone on any given night.
Hard to pick this one but pulling for the Cards. My guy feeling is they will bring the title home to Wayne county
I'd love to see PT make it to BG. I think Randy Wyatt gets a bad wrap sometimes, but, that guy's a stern disciplinarian. He's told many a talented but undisciplined player to hit the door. He's fair and gives 2nd chances, but, once you break that 2nd rule, your gone, period. You have to respect that. I also like the fact that year after year they challenge themselves and look for the best teams they can find to play. They may not always win those games, but, they'll be challenged and prepared for whatever they see in the playoffs. This one could go either way, but, I think Wayne may be a little too much for them. They seem to be hitting on all cylinders and won't have the penalties, mental breakdowns or turnovers that PT often finds themselves having, so, the odds are with the Cards. Truth is, I'll be pulling for whoever wins this one to take it all. Just nice to see a new face outside of Central. I'll be rooting for Bourbon, as well.
Pretty awesome to see how far Wayne has come in a short time. Good Luck to the cards. Long drive to PT.
Go Wayne County. This Old Redhound is pulling for you.
Rooting for PT in this one. We got a 27 year old score to settle.
You gotta let it go. That kinda stuff could drive you to drinking.
Wayne County 28
Paducah Tilghman 21
mysonis55 Wrote:You gotta let it go. That kinda stuff could drive you to drinking.

We can let it go when we die, 55! Check your PMs if ya don't care!
For Wayne Co. fans - If you are planning on eating in Paducah before the game, I would avoid Exit 4 off I-24 where all of the chain restaurants/fast food outlets/malls are. This will be Black Friday and there are regional malls and big box stores at that exit that draw throngs of shoppers from four states. Exit traffic usually backs up onto I-24 and there could be long delays and gridlock. I would suggest leaving I-24 on Exit 7, and taking US 45 into Paducah and to the stadium just off Jackson Street. There should be be a lot less traffic and you can still find some fast food (KFC and Mickey D's) near the stadium and a few others along the way. There also is plenty of parking to tailgate at the stadium if you want or there are some upscale local restaurants downtown by the river. Someone else may tell you different but that's my take on it. Safe travels.
I'm about to toot my own horn here.....I haven't missed but one playoff game (trinity) and have been really close on most of the scores. I have a really good feeling about this game. Wayne Co's Offence is impressive they'll score 21+ on PT but the bad news is that PT won't be able to score on Wayne Co's Defense I'll give them 7 for sake of being reasonable

21-7 Wayne Co

Belfry and Bourbon co winner better be nervous and pray PT wins
Lions den ? This was the worst Central offense since 1990 !
Weather Service in Paducah predicting a crisp sunny day Friday with a high of 49 and low of 28.
If you all get off at the hwy 45 exit, you can go south just a little. There is a good 50's type drive in by the name of Parker's. It is really worth the visit. You also have Popeyes, McDonald's, Back Yard Burger, Hardee's and a few other places within about 1-1.5 miles. Then when you are done just turn around and head back north.
Sounds like they are trying to keep the boys in Wayne from eating good by contaminating the water!! Good try PT but it's not going to happen!! Boil water advisory until further notice for all if Wayne co!!!
Tica Wrote:Weather Service in Paducah predicting a crisp sunny day Friday with a high of 49 and low of 28.

wheres the best place to eat Tica? I heard there was a good country home buffett there somewhere, going to leave Jonesboro around 2 Friday and come up 51 and then get on I-24 coming from Calvert City.
Pizza by the pound homemade style pizza litterly by the pound.. best pizza joint. By the mall is good food texas road house some hibotchi grills logans red lobster wing stop bufflo wild wings ect.... but very true story.. lots and lots and lots of ppl.... could spend hour gettin a half a mile.. bad choice but for ppl leaving early to shop and eat u should be ok.. .. or down by the river front at the end of broadway.. nice upscale restraunts very very good food in several locations all with in a couple blocks.. if ya beg tica...might be able to make a better list for ya.. not sure of a country buffet.. if ur good with ur navi... u can take back roads into a lot of these areas... lots of good food in pad though it a good size town..
I think if you come early enough you can find plenty to do in Paducah and scout out what kind of food you want. Plenty of choices for anything you want.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Pizza by the pound homemade style pizza litterly by the pound.. best pizza joint. By the mall is good food texas road house some hibotchi grills logans red lobster wing stop bufflo wild wings ect.... but very true story.. lots and lots and lots of ppl.... could spend hour gettin a half a mile.. bad choice but for ppl leaving early to shop and eat u should be ok.. .. or down by the river front at the end of broadway.. nice upscale restraunts very very good food in several locations all with in a couple blocks.. if ya beg tica...might be able to make a better list for ya.. not sure of a country buffet.. if ur good with ur navi... u can take back roads into a lot of these areas... lots of good food in pad though it a good size town..

I grew up in Madisonville and been there many times and I always go to Calvert City to get wheels for my ride but I had heard there was a good country stlye buffett but it don't matter really..
PT by 6
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I think the long trip will be too much for Wayne in this one.
GOOD LORD BOBCATS, did you see where they went last week I would say it's about close in travel time, maybe an hour more to Pt and they were in school all week !!! Just remember this name TYLER GUFFEY
There are a LOT of places to eat. Probably more than any comparable sized city in the state. The problem is Black Friday Traffic, It is horrible on the strip. Im not sure our Wayne Co guests want to test back roads to the mall area to get a bite to eat. Downtown I guess all the market square restaurants will be open. Does Eat Place, Max's Brick Oven, Cynthia's, etc....I would recommend any of them if you want upscale.

You can check this link for what is at each exit. Avoid traffic on exit 4 if you can and use exit 7.

http://www.allstays.com/Special/exits-I24-ky-text.htm

As for travel time, we are about 2 1/2 - 3 hours west of Bowling Green up the Natcher Parkway, West Ky Parkway and I-24. So however long it takes to get from Monticello to BG, just add it on. You will be on central time.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next