Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Central 14 Bell Co 11
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wayne County will have no trouble with Central.

Gut no disrespect but I wish you wouldn';t be for Wayne it just seems like every one you are for loses.
I just wish the game had been played on Log Mountain.
Central 14, Bell County 11: The host Yellowjackets (9-3), the defending 3-A state champions, held off the Bobcats (7-5) and will host Wayne County next Friday. Phillip Francis scored on a 7-yard run and Paul White on a 6-yard pass from Myron Norfleet to give Central a 14-3 halftime lead. Bell County pulled within 14-11 with 1:56 to go on a 45-yard return of a blocked punt by Justin Green, plus a two-point conversion. The Bobcats had the ball twice in the last minute but couldn't score.

Bell County 3 0 0 8 - 11
Central 0 14 0 0 - 14

B- Gilbert 24 field goal; C- Francis 7 run (Francisco kick); C- White 6 pass from Norfleet (Francisco kick); B- Green 45 blocked punt return (Caldwell run).

BC C
Total yards 241 155
First downs 9 7
Rushes-yds. 36-139 25-65
Comp-Att-Int 7-16-0 6-13-1
Passing yards 102 90
Fumbles-lost 1-1 1-1
Penalties-yds. 7-40 9-49
Punts-avg. 2-29.0 5-26.0

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...-boxscores
topnotch Wrote:I just wish the game had been played on Log Mountain.

But we came there last year , can't play em all on log mountain
if bell didn't fumble the ball the final score would have been 11 - 7 bell d did there job and the o did not do there part but all an all it was heck of a game prob best game i seen all year good luck to central
Central is still central. I'm impressed by bells heart however when central plays with their back against the wall they are always dangerous. Being a belfry fan I cannot be a fan for central however i always have the upmost respect for their program. Good sportsmanship and a great coach. Even if they squeak by a win is a win. I hope wayne doesn't come to play with air heads because centrals defense will pick them apart.
Congrats Central!
CatMomma Wrote:You must be smoking crack "coach dad"

Wow! Such class. You must be the pride of Bell Co. lol
I think that is a figure of speech not a statement about Coachdad's habits. Some of you guys have the feelings of a 2nd grade girl, everything hurts your feelings.
Objective Wrote:It's was over a 100 but not much it was a battle of two defenses

Central score on two break downs by bell or would have never found the end zone

Fumble and return to 9 and kid slipped on field in cover on long pass play that goes to 11 50 yard pass a catch

From looking at the box score Bell County wouldn't have found the end zone either if Central got off a punt.
When was the last time Bell was proud their team went out in second round? Team plays hard, players do a play def well for Hoskins. Central was thinking of Wayne and what they did to Bell.

When football is over many will see what really is going on at Bell. Mills has done a good job, but nothing coming for MS, and losing 7 seniors. Things will be average again. To many off field issues. Not surprised to hear his name for other jobs. Bell fans in the know, will not tell you these things. Following Dudley was and is a no win situation.
Pride ur dead on. Lose lose for whoever had to do it.
TopCat Wrote:I think that is a figure of speech not a statement about Coachdad's habits. Some of you guys have the feelings of a 2nd grade girl, everything hurts your feelings.

It has nothing to do with "feelings " it has to do with respect & class , either you have it or you don't. That second grade girl statement is classless as well.
Bell returns 9 on offense and 8 on defense. Many of those are soph's and freshman. The future looks bright. The middle school team had some problems with coaching but does have some talent some of which quit early in season b/c of coaching. They have weathered the storm of the hardest year and that was this year.
After, the season, you will see. Kids not playing is what will hurt this team. Mills better, for his own sake, look.
TopCat Wrote:I think that is a figure of speech not a statement about Coachdad's habits. Some of you guys have the feelings of a 2nd grade girl, everything hurts your feelings.

It had nothing to do with what the intention was. It was a classless statement. You guys got beat. All I'm seeing is a bunch of excuses. I don't think it would have mattered where the game was, Central would have still beat you at home. Just like last year.
We are VERY proud of the way our kids played. We will be better next year! As far as Mills he is his own man, I believe he will be here next year. The off field stuff is over, period.
I DO LIKE BELLS BIG SOPHOMORE RIGHT TACKLE , with the right coaching ( and his own hard work )he can make it very far in football , don't know about his intangibles but he looks to have the physical ability & definatly the size. He would be my first pick off their whole team
25 carries for 65 yards for Central. A win is a win but that is notimpressive.
blue1424 Wrote:From looking at the box score Bell County wouldn't have found the end zone either if Central got off a punt.

You are correct sir all points came as the results of mistakes
PRIDE101 Wrote:When was the last time Bell was proud their team went out in second round? Team plays hard, players do a play def well for Hoskins. Central was thinking of Wayne and what they did to Bell.

When football is over many will see what really is going on at Bell. Mills has done a good job, but nothing coming for MS, and losing 7 seniors. Things will be average again. To many off field issues. Not surprised to hear his name for other jobs. Bell fans in the know, will not tell you these things. Following Dudley was and is a no win situation.

This is your opinion and the Rumor mill which you are entitled to but Coach mills job is not in danager. He is performing at a high level with a young team has improved his team and game planned well this year All the fans I've talked to are high on mills and he isn't afaraid of the Hilton shadow. I am a Bell fan in the know and we are always proud of our teams
Personally, Bell did better than I actually thought they would. They continued to improve as their season progressed. They will be a force next year, with all those Freshmen and Sophomores getting older, and wiser.

Congratulations on your season, Cats!
All these congrats to Bell if I wasn't at the game , and just read some of these posts I woulda thought Bell won the game.
CONGRATS JACKETS !
And here I am trying to give one of your players some props & y'all won't even comment
We are afraid too u may take it the wrong way.
Can we close this thread? Central won, they beat a very mediocre Bell team. Bell played hard, and will be better next year.

If Bell didn't fumble they would've won the game.
If Central didn't score Bell would've won the game.
If Dudley Hilton was coaching Bell would've won the game.
If this was a game of horse shoes Bell would've won the game.

IF IF IF IF IF ..... that all I have heard all season.

If my Aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.
Coachdad Wrote:All these congrats to Bell if I wasn't at the game , and just read some of these posts I woulda thought Bell won the game.
CONGRATS JACKETS !
And here I am trying to give one of your players some props & y'all won't even comment

You are right Coachdad, congrats does go to Central on the win. They beat us fair and square. We are just happy that we played you all so close considering everyone counted us out early on.

Bell has several up and coming young players, but the one you have mentioned is Nathan Murray. He is a great kid on and off the field. He has had several D1 colleges send him letters and questionnaires since his 8th grade year. He was one of the few freshman that was invited to the spring game @ UK. He works very hard in the off season and competes in combines and goes to different college camps. His freshman year, at the NUC combine, he won the strongest man award and offensive lineman award. He also does well in the classroom. He is an honor roll student and last year received the All-State Academic Award. I think Nathan has a bright future ahead of him. He has the grades and it doesn't hurt that he is 6'6" and weighs 310 lbs. As everyone has stated in previous posts, the majority of the team is Sophomores and Juniors. He is just one of the reasons that the Bell fans think we have a bright future.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Can we close this thread? Central won, they beat a very mediocre Bell team. Bell played hard, and will be better next year.

If Bell didn't fumble they would've won the game.
If Central didn't score Bell would've won the game.
If Dudley Hilton was coaching Bell would've won the game.
If this was a game of horse shoes Bell would've won the game.

IF IF IF IF IF ..... that all I have heard all season.

If my Aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.

Well, if Central beat a very mediocre team by only 3 points, what does that say about Central??

Actually, I thought our aunt DID have testicles!!
Confusednicker:
Central is not near what they have been the last couple years. They are just a bit above average. Wayne will handle them next week.
Free agent thanks for your post & your info . I really like that kid Murray , wish he could come up to Louisville & learn a few tricks of the trade from my son. He needs to find guys like that & soak up all the info he can .
Let him know coach dad is a fan of his.
WhyLie Wrote:Central is not near what they have been the last couple years. They are just a bit above average. Wayne will handle them next week.

I wouldn't count Central out. They aren't what they have been in the past but they still have the big play ability, they still have that threat of one missed tackle it being a home run play. They still capitalize on turnovers like no team I've ever seen. Wayne will be tough for them, and I think Wayne is better than them, but if Central can force a turnover or two, avoid shooting themselves in the foot and be a little more careful with penalties, they can definitely move forward past Wayne, and be on the road to another meeting with Belfry. I respect Central, and as much as I hate them playoff time, I can't help but like them. The players has always been very respectful toward the Bell players, after every game, They have came and helped some of the bell boys up off the field, hugged, and moved on. The Central coaches have always been very positive in talking about the Bell program. I respect them, and enjoy the games. Hope we get to see them again next year on Log Mountain, just hope we're the one offering support to them next time around.