Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
70.00%
Madison Southern
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern @ Harlan County 11/15
64SUR Wrote:QUOTE=Full deck;1690750]So is madison southern really going to harlan to spend the night tonight
:dudecomeon: whats up with you worrying about spending a night in harlan,Your're :welcome: to bring your Hazard team to williamsburg next thursday night an Relax Confusedhh:[/QUOTE]

Granny Bear Wrote:I'm really not trying to be rude; but what possible difference could that make to you?

No big deal to me, just wondering why a team would drive 2 hours to spend the night, dont make a lot of sense to me. I have heard from some madison fans that they are, not sure if they are just pulling my leg.

Do most teams go spend the night when only a few hours away?
Heck i dont care if they go spend the night, it is nothing to me, just wondering
Is there some kinda strategy to it
Spoke to a dear friend of mine from Berea today. They are indeed going tonight.
WOW must be tons of money laying around in Berea. I will rent them a garage in Barborville for half what the hotel will cost?

"Spoke to a dear friend of mine from Berea today. They are indeed going tonight."

Really?

Well, guess the ole Comfort Inn will be jumping tonight!! Tell them the Portal in downtown Harlan is a great place for pizza. Also the two Mexican restaurants are favorites for the local kids. (not me!)
Not only are they going to be dinner for the Bears Friday but they are stimulating the economy of Harlan CO. Nice!!
And we appreciate it!!

Surprised they found reservations on a weekend though. The eco-tourism of 4 wheelers must be tapering off a bit.
ataclance Wrote:Spoke to a dear friend of mine from Berea today. They are indeed going tonight.
i dont think that is a good idea at all, first of all you are taking kids out of class, but it also gets them out of their game day routine. I would think Maybe leaving an hour or so earlier would be better. If they are indeed going tonight then you have teenagers laying around in a hotel all day-not good.:HitWall:
Is there a strategy to spending the night with it being only a 2 hour drive
Not that I am aware.
Unfortunately, I must agree with meat loaf.
Confusednicker:
Lots of XBOX time for MS.

I will change my prediction now.

HC 42

MS 14
I say MS wins by 14, too much Harris and the MS defense is real good too.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:DEAL.
If Harris runs for 120 yards or more, I get to pick your avatar for a week.
If he is held to 119 or less, you get to pick mine for a week.

Good luck :biggrin:

I thought the bet was on who wins.. But that's ok too. You may win the yardage but ms will not win the game!!
meat loaf Wrote:i dont think that is a good idea at all, first of all you are taking kids out of class, but it also gets them out of their game day routine. I would think Maybe leaving an hour or so earlier would be better. If they are indeed going tonight then you have teenagers laying around in a hotel all day-not good.:HitWall:

I've always felt this way with the state semifinals the Bears have played in the day after thanksgiving gets them out of a comfort zone.

Also most hotels have a checkout time of 11:00am what are they going to do from 11 until 5 or so when the go to the field?

If they need to kill some time a bus ride across scenic pine mountain into Whitesburg is beautiful then they can go onto hazard and come back via 421.
Maybe the coach knows this is the last game for MS and they want to reward the team for a good run. ie. spend the night in HC. Black Bears all the way.Here's hoping for an injury free game on both sides.
Granny Bear Wrote:
"Spoke to a dear friend of mine from Berea today. They are indeed going tonight."

Really?

Well, guess the ole Comfort Inn will be jumping tonight!! Tell them the Portal in downtown Harlan is a great place for pizza. Also the two Mexican restaurants are favorites for the local kids. (not me!)

I think they are staying in Benham.
HDE Wrote:I think they are staying in Benham.

Is that close to the stadium?
Nothing is close to the stadium!
Hey Granny Bear I know it's against the rules but I'm already looking forward to seeing you at the Cam next year. good luck Friday!!!
Full deck Wrote:Is that close to the stadium?

About 20 miles from Benham
Harlan is about 5 miles away
I guess i'm like alot of people and just can't see the logic behind it. Lot's of free time tomorrow just laying around waiting on a game, makes you restless. Oh well Go Bears!!!!
HDE Wrote:I think they are staying in Benham.

And here I've lived in Ky my entire life, never heard of that place.
Full deck Wrote:Is there a strategy to spending the night with it being only a 2 hour drive

I can not think of any benefit this would make.
Just a guess, but they may try to make an educational field trip out of it. If they are staying in Benham it will likely be at the Benham School House inn. I imagine they would probably go to the Kentucky Coal Mining Museum and/or the Portal 31 Mine Exhibition. This would give the team something to do on Friday, and cut down on the travel time.
ataclance Wrote:And here I've lived in Ky my entire life, never heard of that place.

Benham Cumberland and Lynch, make up a tri-city area and all are located within a mile or so of Big Black Mountain and Pine Mountain ranges.
Granny Bear Wrote:And we appreciate it!!

Surprised they found reservations on a weekend though. The eco-tourism of 4 wheelers must be tapering off a bit.

No, they just don't want to get shot for running deer the second weekend of gun season, very smart on their behalf :eyeroll:!

If you tailgate like a rock star and enjoy one too many, I'd recommend spending the night as well.

Unbeknownst to Granny, Dusty, Gut, and I sleep in her side yard every weekend after enjoying one too many. We've been confused for bucks, bears, and elks. Gut got caught eating her rhododendrons a few weeks ago :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
^^
Are you high???
Confusednicker:

First of all my "side yard" is about 1/2 mile long!!!
Gettin excited for tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing how the Bear defense plays against a top 20 national recruit! I think the bears had better be balanced on defense and expect the unexpected! Let's hope the injuries we have suffered don't hurt us. Next man up! Please continue to pray for Gary and Derek. Hope everyone is injury free tomorrow night. The long season is taking its toll! Any injuries on MS sideline?
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Are you high???
Confusednicker:

First of all my "side yard" is about 1/2 mile long!!!

Must be a lot of Rhodedendrons for grazing then.......:biggrin:
ataclance Wrote:And here I've lived in Ky my entire life, never heard of that place.

It's not that far from Kindom Come State Park.
Daddycat27 Wrote:Gettin excited for tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing how the Bear defense plays against a top 20 national recruit! I think the bears had better be balanced on defense and expect the unexpected! Let's hope the injuries we have suffered don't hurt us. Next man up! Please continue to pray for Gary and Derek. Hope everyone is injury free tomorrow night. The long season is taking its toll! Any injuries on MS sideline?

Buddy Harrison was lost during the Pulaski game and is probably done but he's trying to get back, he is a very good corner and WR, but they have played a few games without him now. Other than that it's all good.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next