Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
76.47%
Pike Central
23.53%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pike Central 10/25
Belfry by 20,pcc is alot better than what people think.
How much will playing on natural turf help, or hurt each of these teams? If you think it will play a role, will a wet turf make much difference?
Will JJ, be back this week?
PC not physical enough to hang with Belfry and they don't practice defense much as a rule. I hope Chapman loads the box with all 11 if he has to.
Belfry0304 Wrote:With due respect and not trying to be cocky in the slightest, I hope 2014 looks good for LC and PC because Belfry is shaping up to be frightening in 15 and 16.

I agree with this. I can see how young and talented this Belfry team is this year. I think I got this whole thing started with what I said in the thread leading up to our game about Belfry fans being blinded by their schedule and not being as good as the last few years. I still stand by that and I think some of you are atarting to see it also. Your schedule looked a whole lot better in the start of the year but just about every team other than Pikeville has struggled to this point. I think you can also agree that Pikevilles defense has been gashed like a hot knife through butter this year also. The thing that got me started was when people were saying that Belfry would get a running clock by the half and that Harlan County could beat us by 3 or 4 scores. That was all very funny to me because I knew better and I was spot on.
This Lawrence County team is no world beater but we are much better then the last few years and I think we got our program going in the right direction.
We have a good fan base in this town who are passionate about football and want this program to do good and we have good athlete's go through this school also. I think Chuke williams in the 90s gave us a look at what we could be but he was gone after he had just got the program strong, then in around 09, 10 and 11 coach Salmons let us see just how quick things can turn around if you get the right people in place and take care of your lower leauges. I believe that this program, "from what I have seen so far", is headed in the direction of being one of the stronger programs in eastern Kentucky again. I believe that if Belfry and Lawrence play again in the playoffs it still wont be no blowout because now both coaches have seen what the other does and can better prepare. From what I have seen from this Lawrence staff they are pretty good at adjusting to what a team is doing and finding a way to at least slow it down some. I believe that we had the right game plan friday night and we know how to stop what Belfry does because we do some of the same things, but we just dont have the athlete's to match up this year. If you want me to be completely honest, and this is not a knock on the kids, but I believe this Lawrence coaching staff has this team overachieving this year. I'm not as fixated on Belfry as some Dawg fans are because I just want us to get to where we can compete with any team we step on the field with and that just includes Belfry.:Thumbs:
I am going with Pike Central in this one. PC keep an eye on the Ref's but you won't have to watch to close to see Belfry being given points. A blind retarded Monkey could see and make better calls than the idiots that called in the LC and Belfry game.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I am going with Pike Central in this one. PC keep an eye on the Ref's but you won't have to watch to close to see Belfry being given points. A blind retarded Monkey could see and make better calls than the idiots that called in the LC and Belfry game.

Get over it.. you lost.. The LC fan base can not let it go... If you feel like your team should have won, then you will have a another shot in a few weeks.
Game is at Pike Central. Refs?
Do-double-gg Wrote:I agree with this. I can see how young and talented this Belfry team is this year. I think I got this whole thing started with what I said in the thread leading up to our game about Belfry fans being blinded by their schedule and not being as good as the last few years. I still stand by that and I think some of you are atarting to see it also. Your schedule looked a whole lot better in the start of the year but just about every team other than Pikeville has struggled to this point. I think you can also agree that Pikevilles defense has been gashed like a hot knife through butter this year also. The thing that got me started was when people were saying that Belfry would get a running clock by the half and that Harlan County could beat us by 3 or 4 scores. That was all very funny to me because I knew better and I was spot on.
This Lawrence County team is no world beater but we are much better then the last few years and I think we got our program going in the right direction.
We have a good fan base in this town who are passionate about football and want this program to do good and we have good athlete's go through this school also. I think Chuke williams in the 90s gave us a look at what we could be but he was gone after he had just got the program strong, then in around 09, 10 and 11 coach Salmons let us see just how quick things can turn around if you get the right people in place and take care of your lower leauges. I believe that this program, "from what I have seen so far", is headed in the direction of being one of the stronger programs in eastern Kentucky again. I believe that if Belfry and Lawrence play again in the playoffs it still wont be no blowout because now both coaches have seen what the other does and can better prepare. From what I have seen from this Lawrence staff they are pretty good at adjusting to what a team is doing and finding a way to at least slow it down some. I believe that we had the right game plan friday night and we know how to stop what Belfry does because we do some of the same things, but we just dont have the athlete's to match up this year. If you want me to be completely honest, and this is not a knock on the kids, but I believe this Lawrence coaching staff has this team overachieving this year. I'm not as fixated on Belfry as some Dawg fans are because I just want us to get to where we can compete with any team we step on the field with and that just includes Belfry.:Thumbs:

I think any honest Belfry fan looked at the schedule early in the season and saw 2-4 losses as being entirely possible. The Pirates have found ways to wind games even when they are playing poorly and that is a good sign. I think LC has a great QB in Cyrus he is a game changer, however on Friday night it seemed the no one else on LC's team wanted to step up to help the young man.
Belfry by a lot
Belfry wins the district by 3 td's in this game.
Please keep this thead on topic please. The game is Pike Central vs. Belfry. If you want to make a new thread discussing another game, then do so. Keep ALL threads civil. If you break the rules of the boards, it will be swiftly dealt with.

Thank you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ATL Pirate. I agree, yet I find myself being the person that makes some of those guys from Lawrence Co upset. I thought Belfry would have more growing pains than they have. I have been impressed in large part and critical at the same time. I am a big Belfry fan. I love the program. I thought that all of the talk of Frosh playing a critical role represented the reality that Belfry would have to take some licks.

Thus far, they haven't. I haven't been to all the games but my god, how can you not be optimistic? I known Haywood, Varney, Cassell, Rowe, Tackett and those coaches have to be shaking their head. Kids like Bentley. Horton, Fletcher, Catron, Woolum, Hall - have to make the staff both fired up and cautiously excited. Asa fan with no particular prejudice,I just think the young kids are a year away.
If you want to keep the game on topic then lol you might want to know that Belfry travels to Pike Central. Belfry vs Pike Central. If you are at Belfry this Friday night you will miss the game because its a Pike Central haha.
Had to give you a hard time Smile
sportsguru4u Wrote:If you want to keep the game on topic then lol you might want to know that Belfry travels to Pike Central. Belfry vs Pike Central. If you are at Belfry this Friday night you will miss the game because its a Pike Central haha.

Now I know why Pike Central fans are predicting a win. They think Belfry will be at the wrong field. Confusednicker:
sportsguru4u Wrote:This might be the year it finally happens. If not and the game is close look for the Hawks to maybe get revenge and pull the upset in the playoffs when they meet again. Gonna be a great game in my opinion

skully03 Wrote::hilarious:

Looks like he was just stating his opinion to me. And you all call me classless...
WideRight05 Wrote:Looks like he was just stating his opinion to me. And you all call me classless...
What????? I cant laugh.. Would LOL be more appropriate....
skully03 Wrote:What????? I cant laugh.. Would LOL be more appropriate....

Belfry State Champs 2013 :biglmao:Confusednicker: :hilarious: :1: :eyeroll: :lmao: TongueirateSho
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Belfry State Champs 2013 :biglmao:Confusednicker: :hilarious: :1: :eyeroll: :lmao: TongueirateSho
At least you put the one in there holding the #1 trophy...
skully03 Wrote:At least you put the one in there holding the #1 trophy...

On LC trip back there in a few weeks I want to sit on Belfry Side to see or smoke some of the stuff everyone is smoking.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:On LC trip back there in a few weeks I want to sit on Belfry Side to see or smoke some of the stuff everyone is smoking.

You ain't got the balls pal for that..lol..but i welcome you...i will let you blow the horn when we score on ya...hell if ya bring me some hot chocalate and a hotdog...i might just make you an honorary pirate..TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
thebigdawg won't come off the porch, he's all bark! :hilarious:
I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Pike Central will win this game is in for a rude awakening. I'm not even a belfry fan either. Belfry by 50+ if they want to
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:You ain't got the balls pal for that..lol..but i welcome you...i will let you blow the horn when we score on ya...hell if ya bring me some hot chocalate and a hotdog...i might just make you an honorary pirate..TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Try Me I am a 50 yard line person myself but tell me where to sit and I'm there. And REALLY an honorary pirate Oh Boy!!!!!!!
Big Don Wrote:thebigdawg won't come off the porch, he's all bark! :hilarious:

^^^^THIS^^^^ :lmao:
Looks like the Pirates have been voting all week and not posting. Understand!!

That said, I think Belfry will win this game with few if any problems!

Belfry by 6........touchdowns!

Go Pondy Pirates!!

[Image: http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235...shipff.gif]
Pirate fans who think that Belfry is gonna win by 50 + is in for some humble pie tonight.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Pirate fans who think that Belfry is gonna win by 50 + is in for some humble pie tonight.

There hasn't been a single prediction even close to that.

The largest margin predicted was by an East Ridge fan when he said Belfry by 40+

If I were setting the line on this I would say Belfry by 28.. thinking something along the lines of 48-20
Belfry 42

Pike Central 18