Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Pike Central 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and predictions.
Pike Central has played a significantly better schedule in 2013 than in previous years before this match-up, so I don't believe this Belfry team should overlook them before they match-up with Johnson Central.

I think it'll be a closer game than people may think, but I still believe Belfry will be winning another district championship.

Belfry - 26

Pike Central - 14
Will be a good game, Belfry is not the team I thought they were. If any team has a good running game you can beat Belfry hands down!!
Hawks have the talent and athletes to play with with belfry.
I think pike central will give the pirates all they want, but they'll fall just short.
Pirates take another district title.

Belfry- 35
Pike central- 27
Belfry win play ALOT better this week and probally have jj back and they know 1st in district is on the line,so i dont think its close Belfry by 3-4 tds
lpd826 Wrote:Will be a good game, Belfry is not the team I thought they were. If any team has a good running game you can beat Belfry hands down!!

not so sure about that because if u cant stop Belfry run game,Belfry defense will get enough stops on defense to win...
Belfry will roll next week.
lpd826 Wrote:Will be a good game, Belfry is not the team I thought they were. If any team has a good running game you can beat Belfry hands down!!

Really??? PC much improved from the beginning of the year, but if Belfry can't handle the Hawks, then there is no need to talk about a final four/state championship run. Pirates 35-13. I will give PC one of Lawrence County's missed extra points. Belfry too big, too strong, and too fast. Pikeville could handle PC and we see what happened in the Belfry and Pikeville game.
The score of this game will be much closer then some think, especially if Belfry struggles with pass defense. The kid at QB for Pike is good and they can run also. They have a more balanced offense then Lawrence IMO. We will know after Friday if the game against my dawgs was just a fluke or if Belfry is a real championship contender. Belfry will have no problem getting run yards on the Pike defense because Lawrence did all night but they can score quicker with the pass then Belfry can with the run and that is why I think they can keep it pretty close. Some of the Belfry fans are in shock that we were able to run the ball on em but we have done that to every team this year. We have a good offensive line and some good backs this year.
I would say that the Belfry coaches were not shocked at all after watching film on us.
Way to much Belfry in this one, Belfry wins big!!!!!!
This might be the year it finally happens. If not and the game is close look for the Hawks to maybe get revenge and pull the upset in the playoffs when they meet again. Gonna be a great game in my opinion
:hilarious:
sportsguru4u Wrote:This might be the year it finally happens. If not and the game is close look for the Hawks to maybe get revenge and pull the upset in the playoffs when they meet again. Gonna be a great game in my opinion
sportsguru4u Wrote:This might be the year it finally happens. If not and the game is close look for the Hawks to maybe get revenge and pull the upset in the playoffs when they meet again. Gonna be a great game in my opinion

I don't know if I would go that far. Both Lawrence and Pike are way better this year and are both heading in the right direction IMO, but we are both a season or two from beating Belfry. I do however think that our time is coming sooner rather than later and wether some Belfry people want to believe it or not.

Belfry- 42

Pike Central- 24
Belfry has never been beaten by a Pike Central team and this year will not be any different.
Belfry by 18
[quote=Do-double-gg]I don't know if I would go that far. Both Lawrence and Pike are way better this year and are both heading in the right direction IMO, but we are both a season or two from beating Belfry. I do however think that our time is coming sooner rather than later and wether some Belfry people want to believe it or not.

You folks have been singin that tune for years. :zzz:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't know if I would go that far. Both Lawrence and Pike are way better this year and are both heading in the right direction IMO, but we are both a season or two from beating Belfry. I do however think that our time is coming sooner rather than later and wether some Belfry people want to believe it or not.

Belfry- 42

Pike Central- 24

With due respect and not trying to be cocky in the slightest, I hope 2014 looks good for LC and PC because Belfry is shaping up to be frightening in 15 and 16.

I think I have heard this before
Just for fun My upsets of the week

Pike county central 45
Belfry 44

TongueirateSho
Belfry 49
PCC 21
I believe this will be a great game that belfry wins but they have to be on their toes

Second verse same as the first................... How many times do we have to hear that this might be the year??? Never gonna happen. Heck this week might be the week I win the lottery, probably the same odds as this year being the Hawks year.
Belfry - 42
PC - 28

I think the Hawks will get some shots with their passing game but they don't have the D to wrangle the stable.
Question for PC fans and BHS fans can weigh in too...It's easy to figure games like this out...Out of 22 positions on the field plus a punter and kicker and one position for special teams...that is 25 players...If one team has 20 out of the 25 positions, give or take one or two, where their players are better than yours, who wins the game?...projecting winners is really not that hard.
I Love my PC Hawks, but it is so hard to say, type, or think that PC will beat Belfry. belfry just has so much pride and drive to be the best and they always get better as the season goes on. That being said, I will root and holler for my boys in orange and blue to pull the upset over belfry as much as anyone else. Maybe, just maybe, that would finally kick the jitters and the scaredness out the door every time they play the BIG RED. the future of Pike Central's success, respect and tradition depends on PC beating belfry. If hawks cannot beat the pirates then this matchup will be expected to go to belfry every year (which has been going on since I can remember and before that). That being said I have 2 predictions:
Actual Prediction: BELFRY 35
PIKE CENTRAL 27

Hopeful Prediction: BELFRY 21
PIKE CENTAL 28
FrozenColonel Wrote:I Love my PC Hawks, but it is so hard to say, type, or think that PC will beat Belfry. belfry just has so much pride and drive to be the best and they always get better as the season goes on. That being said, I will root and holler for my boys in orange and blue to pull the upset over belfry as much as anyone else. Maybe, just maybe, that would finally kick the jitters and the scaredness out the door every time they play the BIG RED. the future of Pike Central's success, respect and tradition depends on PC beating belfry. If hawks cannot beat the pirates then this matchup will be expected to go to belfry every year (which has been going on since I can remember and before that). That being said I have 2 predictions:
Actual Prediction: BELFRY 35
PIKE CENTRAL 27

Hopeful Prediction: BELFRY 21
PIKE CENTAL 28

Nice post. Regardless of who your team is, you should always holler and cheer for them. A successful team always has a strong, passionate fan base.
Hayden Hatfield is gonna be in the backfield all night puttin pressure on the QB...along with Horton and Barnes. And thompson and bentley or whatever D line we have in there..Then the other hatfield is gonna bust his way through the Defense opening it up for Carr and JJ is back and taylor out running your whole secondary.......Pike central doesn't have near the athletes Belfry has and they know it....I hope for a injury free game on both sides....Can't wait until we go back where Coach haywood broke the state record and out coaches chapman once again...
Belfry will move to 9-0 and wrap up the Reg. season district title. Not taking anything from Pike Central, but letting Class A Fairview come in and run it down your throat at The Hawks Nest doesn't bode well for the Hawks.
And hopefully Chapman will shake hands regardless of the outcome...BTW, wonder if Chapman has voted for Coach these last two week lol?
Belfry by 40+
Pages: 1 2 3