Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Lawrence County 10/4
Do-double-gg Wrote:I just don't know how people can say stuff like this when the team has yet to play a team that can hit em in the mouth and I don't think Johnson Central has played a good team yet either. As bad as some of the mountain teams are down this year I don't think any team will get a big test untill they get in about the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. Why do I get a funny feeling that both of these teams are in for a shock when they get against a legitimate top 5 team in Kentucky.

Double GG I like your points and posts, but IMHO this one is far from the mark.

First, Belfry was lauded for their schedule this season and it's difficulty for a 3A team. To be honest, with the exception of HC who is trending downward Belfry's schedule has stood up. Somerset may have 3 losses, but look to who they came and what Somerset's injury situation is. Somerset has rebounded by dominating a team considered t be a op 5 2A team and I have a feeling you will see the Jumpers playing in the Semi-Finals.

Harlan County, when they played Belfry, was at the high point of their season. Belfry exposed numerous things about Harlan County that has caused a snowball effect since, and to be honest Belfry got HC's best shot with a complete team who held on to the ball and had the bounces going their way at home. Pikeville has emerged as at worst the 2nd best 1A team in the Eastern Semi-State and at best the top 1A team on their side of the bracket. Belfry absolutely steamrolled them and shut down an offense noone else has been able to do. Belfry still has a quality Gallia Academy and a very good CAK left.

To the second part of your post I bolded.. in Class 3A and Class 4A there is only one legitimate Top 5 team that either will see. That is Highlands in 4A. Your Top 5 is X, T, Highlands, Scott County, and
BG... obviously only Highlands falls in 3a/4A. To take it a step further..I am not sure one of the Top 10..maybe even Top 15 teams in the State are in 3A/4A
Do-double-gg Wrote:Please tell me you did go and see the Belfry game against your Cards or are you judging all of this Belfry knowledge from the score and what people say. It's not hard to think a team is the greatest thing on earth when your team is getting beat like Sheldon Clark is this year. :popcorn:
First off, I never claimed that you said LC was going to beat Belfy.

I did go watch Belfry play my Cards. And to be honest it is tough to tell how good a team is/is not by watching them play us. What is clear is they are very strong, very athletic, deep , and we all know how well coached they are.

I knew Raceland was going to be good this year. As a matter of fact, I picked Raceland, in a 1a preseason thread to represent the East in BG. Fairview and Pikeville have me reconsidering that pick. Lol

Anyway, I a not tying to disrespect LC but I it's think Belfry is on a differen level.
Cardinals ride Wrote:First off, I never claimed that you said LC was going to beat Belfy.

I did go watch Belfry play my Cards. And to be honest it is tough to tell how good a team is/is not by watching them play us. What is clear is they are very strong, very athletic, deep , and we all know how well coached they are.

I knew Raceland was going to be good this year. As a matter of fact, I picked Raceland, in a 1a preseason thread to represent the East in BG. Fairview and Pikeville have me reconsidering that pick. Lol

Anyway, I a not tying to disrespect LC but I it's think Belfry is on a differen level.

IMO Fairview will be representing the East this year in 1A.
LC it won't be close.
All this talk about Belfry is great and all but lets just take it slow and get though each week as they come. Granted, that beating Belfry for a district title would be huge step toward the rebuilding of LC's team. I'm just like everyone else and filled with big hopes that we are "there" but at the same time worried that we are just a little shy of beating such a team. Either way, we will find out in 3 weeks but until then lets get to that week with a healthy team and zero district loses.
1-1 with a couple of 1A teams and wanting to get at Belfry. That a way to go little fella.
E's Army Wrote:1-1 with a couple of 1A teams and wanting to get at Belfry. That a way to go little fella.
2-0 against 4A teams.
1-1 against two of the best 1A schools in the state in my opinion oustide of Mayfield and a few others out West. Raceland and Fairview are no cupcakes. The two 4A schools that Lawrence beat weren't that good at all. I think the 1-1 record against Fairview and Raceland are more impressive then the two wins over Boyd and Rowan County.
Lawrence all the way in this one, Sheldon Clark just arent the team and program they was in the past.
Lawrence should win this game, provided they don't have an emotional letdown. I don't think Lawrence will face another tough test until they face Belfrey, but I could be wrong.