•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. @ Greenville,TN 9/27
BigVOLdevil Wrote:In the tune of Brad Paisleys " you'll never leave harlan alive"

" in a hard working town, in east tennessee,
that's where friday night comes to life.....
and it's there I read, on a greene and white banner.....
YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE BURLEY ALIVE!!!

GO GREENE DEVILS....see you fine folks friday.

:dudecomeon: That's not cool!!!!Confusednicker:
I can't wait until next year, BigVOLdevil when you guys make the trip here. I know full well how biased I am, but it will give you chills when that song begins over the loud speaker and 5,000 rednecks stand up and start howling!!
Wink

Friday nights are special here, too. The hollers all empty out, and there's few lights to be seen other than those at Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium.
Granny Bear Wrote:I can't wait until next year, BigVOLdevil when you guys make the trip here. I know full well how biased I am, but it will give you chills when that song begins over the loud speaker and 5,000 rednecks stand up and start howling!!
Wink

Friday nights are special here, too. The hollers all empty out, and there's few lights to be seen other than those at Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium.

It's kinda the same way in Greeneville. I think it's cool that we both have stadiums named for the industries that helped shape our communities. That's pride.
I couldn't agree more, barb!!

We're in the process of completing a coal miner's memorial walk....where folks can buy bricks that are placed between the parking lot and the stadium. You can have anything printed on the bricks that you choose, but some have chosen a coal miner's name that died while working or during a military action. Some have chosen their children's or grandchildren's name, etc. It's nostalgic, and a decent fund raiser!
For Cole Wilson to step up and be a man and carry the ball 20 times a game and get 25 plus touches a game. He is clearly our best athlete and has the ability to carry a huge load for this team, question is, does he have the heart and desire to be THE MAN? He has had plenty of time to get his ball protection issues under control, hold that ball properly and put this team on your back young fella!!! You have the opportunity to reach great heights over the next few weeks, I hope you see or hear about this post, Black Bear Nation I am sure will be behind you and the boys every step of the way!!! Lets Go Bears, strap those chinstraps on tight and play some serious football......
We'll see come Friday night, if we can get him to hear us!

Wink
Agree..Cole is to athletic not to be involved more. He has those two stars on Rivals for a reason, now it's time to takeover and show what he's made of..
barb Wrote:It is very similar here in South Carolina, an Upper State and Lower State champion play in the state championship. Tennessee adopted the illustrious "Z-Plan" in 2009. In dI,There are 3 classifications in the regular season that expand to 6 for the play-offs. A- expands to A and 2A, AA expands to 3A and 4A, and AAA expands to 5A and 6A. Yes it is as complicated as it sounds and seeding is a nightmare. It was so bad the first year that teams made the play-offs with 4-6 records. Prior to 2009, Greeneville's enrollment made them a larger AAA school but they chose to play AAAA to preserve long-standing rivalries. After the adoption of the Z-plan, Greeneville decided to play in their assigned classification. It is a decision that had paid off for the Devils since they no longer had to face now 6A powerhouse , Maryville, in the play-offs. Since 2009, Greeneville has played in the 4A state championship 3 times, winning 2.

I see. Still sounds better than Ohio.

If you really want to be confused, check out there system.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I see. Still sounds better than Ohio.

If you really want to be confused, check out there system.

it's actually very similar to Ohio...
Any news on the repercussions after the JC game? Did Harlan lose any players to suspension?
^
what?

I've never known Harlan to suspend players because of repercussions from a football game.

Harlan County doesn't do that either.
All the people that are outside of HC football wondering what is going on you don't need to worry about it. This WAS an internal problem and a big one I must say that was slowly destroying this team, but now everything has be righted and HC will be fine. We might go over to Greeneville and get beat by 100 points but I can tell you this, our kids will leave EVERYTHING on the field. This is a new team, a team that everybody expected to be in the beginning.
I don't know anything other that what is on this thread about Greeneville. I do know Harlan County has some big ole black bears on that team. I do know those black bears will not back down from anyone as the schedule shows. I think if Greeneville is as good of a passing team as the fans state it could be trouble for Harlan County. Thing about that is this Harlan County team has some beast at RB and will ground and pound you. You will know that the first time your LB meets Mr. Whitehead up the middle. To me its a KY vs TN game and of course I am pulling for the Black Bears.

Granny Bear and Black Bear Nation have a safe trip & good luck to you guys. I am sure all of KY is behind you guys.

Harlan County 22
Greeneville 21

Whitehead wins the game up the middle on a 2 point conversion.
GREENEVILLE is a run first team. We will pound it until we new to throw. Btw GREENEVILLE has a fantastic run defense. So running on us will be extremely hard. Cutting the corners will be much harder considering we have so much speed. Legit 4.4-4.5 guys on both sides of the ball. 42-14 Greeneville
Granny Bear Wrote:I can't wait until next year, BigVOLdevil when you guys make the trip here. I know full well how biased I am, but it will give you chills when that song begins over the loud speaker and 5,000 rednecks stand up and start howling!!
Wink

oh i know very well how special fridays are to places like harlan county. THere's a ton of prideful little towns scattered all across appalachia like you and us. i use to deliver uniforms to the coal mines up in southwest virginia and a couple in eastern KY and seeing some of the small towns shut down on friday nights was incredible. That's why i cant wait to come up there next year, to see yall enter the stadium to that song....i didnt mean my version to be sacreligeous....LOL.....as much as todays kids have changed, some things remain the same, even in the face of change, and thats the glorious sounds of Football Friday nights....i know what's coming to Burley Stadium friday night and our coaches know what's coming, i just hope our players truly know what's rolling in to town. I am well aware that if our boys arent focused, physical and charged up, yall could very easily run us out of our own house......we'll do what we can to make sure that dont happen....cant wait.
Also, im not real sure that people down here understand just how good you guys are.
One thing in case you haven't noticed is HC won't always try to take the corners, HC is more of the type to run over you or thru you. That's their strength, while we do have a few fast runners, we are more power running than anything. We will take 3-4 yds at a time all night long, they pound and pound. Alot of teams from this part of the state is like that, been doing it for as long as football has been in this area. I'll hold off on posting a score and prediction until i get the info i'm looking for tomorrow...
Black bear fans need to go over to the TN site coacht. The bears ain't getting any respect. They all believe it's going to be a blow out! All you do is register with email, verify and post. I hope we can take care of business on the road!this game will make the Bears better regardless of the outcome. What a schedule this year! Makes you think it's playoff time already!!
I have been remiss in posting. I have been busy!! Go Black Bears!! Win or lose I am proud of my team. Beat Greenville!!!
Harlan County Fans it's Green"E"ville lol.
We GREENEVILLE fans know what our team can do and for years now we have exploited just about every teams weakness we have played. Our coaching staff is one of the best hands down. We don't take you lightly believe me but that's how good we know are team is. Prove me wrong please! We would love a good game before the playoffs. I still say we pull this one out 42-14
GREENEVILLE, just wanna say "ARE" team is coming over there to lay it all on the line!
bear claw Wrote:GREENEVILLE, just wanna say "ARE" team is coming over there to lay it all on the line!
Confusednicker:
iPhones suck
Hey Granny Bear, we made it on time didnt we??? LOL
Granny Bear Wrote:Yeah, we talked a lot of smack at first, I know I did. Just excited for football season to begin; I've missed it badly!

I don't remember stating that no one else had a shot at the title though. I could have said it and forgotten, but that don't sound like me.

In any event, the smack talk, self proclamations, dares, etc. are all in good natured fun as far as I'm concerned, and posted on a public forum it becomes everybody's target or fodder for return smack talk.

In house adversity; however, isn't anyone's business. As far as stating what "exactly the problem is on the home front", that won't come from me or any other true Black Bear fan.

Just so you don't worry anymore, the ship HAS been righted.

Go Black Bears!!!

I hope your right Granny, Keep the problems in house but just fix them, I know there is a great coaching staff in HC so Im sure they will resolve any thing going on there.

I enjoy the banter, I was pointing out that HC fans cant clam up and get down on this team, there is a lot of talent you guys put on the field. Football is about overcoming adversity and hopefully this team can pull together and do just that.
I apologize if I missed this and it's been discussed. But I heard Harlan County has some players no longer with the team? Any truth to this?
Didn't know we were playing against a NFL team. I have seen fast, quick, big and most impressive no huddle offense, running clocks, big stadium...I'm scared for our little Kentucky boys...My baby is so little I'm worried to death this big tennessee team will hurt him.....BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just wait cause here we come....:devilflam

GO BEARS!!!
Tired of the questions about problems with the team...every team has little things that need to be tweaked and we did this week. Bear fans will say no more. New attitude within the team and whole new dedicated and focused team...enough said.

GO BEARS!!
I heard they're gonna sideline a couple players for HC and let Granny Bear run the ball in this GeenEville game, to get the bears spirits up and show the green devils what real speed is.

Hope you devils are ready for some fofofo...football!
GREENEVILLE Wrote:Harlan County Fans it's Green"E"ville lol.
We GREENEVILLE fans know what our team can do and for years now we have exploited just about every teams weakness we have played. Our coaching staff is one of the best hands down. We don't take you lightly believe me but that's how good we know are team is. Prove me wrong please! We would love a good game before the playoffs. I still say we pull this one out 42-14

Ive also seen several of your fans refer to Harlan County as Harlan.

Harlan IND. (1A) is there own school. Harlan County (5A) is there own school.
Harlan is a town inside Harlan County.

Funny that you make that remark, seeing as to how Harlan COUNTY fans will literally jump threw your computer screen and beat you with your own keyboard if you leave off the "county".
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next