Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
85.42%
Pikeville
14.58%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Belfry 9/20
Belfry 38
Pikeville 27
There is not much Pikeville activity on the board anymore. And the ones that are active are more laid back and let's see what happens kind of people. Make no doubt about it though, every year when the schedule is released, 2 questions: Who do we have for the Pike County Bowl? And when is the Belfry game?

Gold that hasn't been polished in a few years is still gold. Give it some time and eventually we will see that shine of this series every now and then.

Belfry's run, while it has not yielded as many Titles as PCN would like, is remarkable. And let's not shy away from the fact PHS had fallen to near rock bottom just a few seasons ago. It is not like Pikeville is the only team that has lost to Belfry in the past 12 years, there are a lot of damn good teams that have. We may want to say oh woe is me, but in reality, Belfry has just been that good lately.

If Pikeville wants to compete for State Championships, which there is no reason for that not to be the ultimate goal at PHS, it will need to be competitive with Belfry. There is no reason to take it off the schedule, because it shows how much work there is left to do. Hopefully the Panthers roll into CAM on Friday and roll out with a win. We will never know until the game is played and the men in Maroon will be as hyped for this one as any game this year. Will that result in a victory? Maybe not, but it will be worth to trip to find out!
You better believe the panther faithful are on the board lurking! If by chance they pull out the W you'll see/hear them shouting from the mountain tops.

Prediction:Close game at the half but the Pirates win by 20! Good luck to both teams and an injury free game!
Nice post PT.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I think Belfry takes this one, pretty handily after the scare at Southwestern tonight. The good news is, Pikeville improves playing this one and I don't think they lose again until damn near time to eat some Turkey... might even screw around and end up in Bowling Green!

Pikeville plays Middlesboro next week. May not put that down as a win just yet
Belfry is going to be playing for a title AGAIN this year that will not be a surprise and I really dont think Central will be there. Its going to be Wayne or Corbin and with the talent they have it will be a suprise if they dont win state. IMO Pikeville is a heck of a team and may go just as far in 1A. But in the end Belfry is too much for Pikeville!!!

Belfry 42
Pikeville 14
Belfry=49

Pikeville=13

Go Big Red:Thumbs:
This is one of the most talented teams Pikeville has had in several years, they have quiet a few weapons with good quickness and good football instincts. There playing some really good football and seem to be poised to make a run in class A.

On the other side of the field stands a Belfry team that is loaded with size, speed and talent. Belfry is only getting better each day and Im sure there licking there chops after a lackluster performance at Southwestern.

If Belfry comes out sleep walking this Pikeville team could jump on them quickly, could even go up a couple of scores, but they wont have what it takes to keep Belfry out of the end zone. Belfry just to big and to physical for Pikeville, Defense will make the difference in this one. Belfry will come up with the most stops and that will result in a lopsided outcome.

Belfry 48
Pikeville 20
Of course I am going with Belfry in this one but no where near some of the scores that are on here. I do think Pikeville will be excited about playing Belfry and come out giving them there best shot. Belfry wears them down the second half.Pirates win by at least 2 touch downs maybe more if the boys come out playing instead of waiting for half time adjustments. Biggest thing will be how much playing time some of the kids get that deserve to be playing on defense.
I think Pikeville sneak away with a good road win in this one

Pikeville 41

Belfry 35
Go Big Red! Wrote:Belfry is going to be playing for a title AGAIN this year that will not be a surprise and I really dont think Central will be there. Its going to be Wayne or Corbin and with the talent they have it will be a suprise if they dont win state. IMO Pikeville is a heck of a team and may go just as far in 1A. But in the end Belfry is too much for Pikeville!!!

Belfry 42
Pikeville 14

Wayne County could possibly, but Corbin is a long shot at best.

I'd love to see Central dethroned, and if we get upset in the playoffs I hope Wayne or Corbin or someone knocks them off.

But if we're in the finals I'm gonna be disappointed if there is anyone on the opposite sideline other than Da Champs....Central.
I think Pikeville keeps this one close for a while off the build up and adrenaline alone for this game. Belfry will put them away in the 2nd half though.

Belfry 42
Pikeville 21

Good luck to both on an injury free game.
Belfry will be too much for Pikeville to handle. I look for the game to be competitive during the first half, then Belfry will blow the game wide open in the second half. Belfry wins 45-14.
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:I think Pikeville sneak away with a good road win in this one

Pikeville 41

Belfry 35

:lmao::biglmao::lmao::biglmao::lmao::biglmao::lmao::biglmao::lmao::biglmao:
Friday night is a nice matinee for the showdown on Saturday in Pikeville at 7:00 PM. Make sure you tell every you know to pack Hambley to support these two historic programs Alums!

shelbyvalley02 Wrote:I think Pikeville sneak away with a good road win in this one

Pikeville 41

Belfry 35

I need a laugh also :lmao::biglmao::lmao::biglmao::lmao::biglmao::lmao: 3a is tough Wayne county made a believer out of me here in Williamsburg the score shouldn't had been as bad.so take your medicine and hope everybody can come out of this game healthy in a small way I would love to see an upset :insane:
JacketFan98 Wrote:Pikeville plays Middlesboro next week. May not put that down as a win just yet

Pikeville goes 0-2 next two friday nights, the Jackets are for real
If you loving passing, don't show up for this game. HOWEVER, if you love good ol' fashioned running then this is the game to be at this weekend. This rivalry hasn't been as hyped recently, but this is one of the better teams Pikeville has had in a little while. Belfry will always speak for themselves when it comes to how prepared they are. It helps when you have the best coach in the state!

I would love to see it come down to the final possession, but I just don't see Pikeville being able to keep it close after the half. Belfry has too much athleticism and too much size to not dominate the 2nd half. I think it's 14 all at the half, but my final score is...

Belfry 42
Pikeville 21
If Pikeville throws the ball over 10 times then Belfry wins big.
I bet Belfry throws the ball over ten times.
Belfry 49 Pikeville 13
proud44pirate Wrote:I bet Belfry throws the ball over ten times.

Belfry can...if Pikeville throws it over ten times though then it means the Panthers are in trouble. Pikeville will have no chance against Belfry if they cannot shorten the game and control the tempo and hurt belfry with the read option.

If Belfry throws over ten times there is probably a secondary reason why.
Belfry-38
Pikeville-14
Go Big Red
I said earlier in the year that Pikeville's down fall will be there defense this year. There offense has been potent so far. Other then the Sheldon Clark game (Sheldon Clark is just terrible) every game has been a track meet. Once they run into some teams that can create a few stops then it could be trouble for the Panthers. Stopping the Panthers has been no easy task so far, But teams like Belfry, Middlesboro and come playoffs like Beechwood, Williamsburg, Fairview or hopefully Mayfield you cant go toe to toe with these teams and try to match them score for score. Pikeville really needs to step up on the Defensive side of the ball to have a chance. Defense wins Championships!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:I said earlier in the year that Pikeville's down fall will be there defense this year. There offense has been potent so far. Other then the Sheldon Clark game (Sheldon Clark is just terrible) every game has been a track meet. Once they run into some teams that can create a few stops then it could be trouble for the Panthers. Stopping the Panthers has been no easy task so far, But teams like Belfry, Middlesboro and come playoffs like Beechwood, Williamsburg, Fairview or hopefully Mayfield you cant go toe to toe with these teams and try to match them score for score. Pikeville really needs to step up on the Defensive side of the ball to have a chance. Defense wins Championships!

Actually, Pikeville's defense is a big reason they are 4-0. Shut Prestonsburg out in the 2nd half to come back and win, Outscored Hazard 35-0 to start the 2nd half and had 2 big defensive TDs, limited Paintsville to 7 points in the 2nd half to come back and win...Not making any predictions for this game, but come playoff time Pikeville's defense will be fine...
jetpilot Wrote:Actually, Pikeville's defense is a big reason they are 4-0. Shut Prestonsburg out in the 2nd half to come back and win, Outscored Hazard 35-0 to start the 2nd half and had 2 big defensive TDs, limited Paintsville to 7 points in the 2nd half to come back and win...Not making any predictions for this game, but come playoff time Pikeville's defense will be fine...

Im hoping your right jetpilot, but giving up 27 points a game on the average is going to come back and bite you at some point is all Im saying. They know there offense is good enough to cover giving up points to the likes of Paintsville, and Prestonsburg. On the same token had Hazard been able to play some defense then the 50 they were able to hang on Pikeville could have been ugly. Some of these teams aren't going to let you score 62 but can easily put up 50 if your defense cant come up with some 3 and outs. I guess there playing good enough to keep teams from averaging 35 a game. If that's good enough to bring the trophy back to the mountains then so be it, im just betting that don't get it done.
jetpilot Wrote:Actually, Pikeville's defense is a big reason they are 4-0. Shut Prestonsburg out in the 2nd half to come back and win, Outscored Hazard 35-0 to start the 2nd half and had 2 big defensive TDs, limited Paintsville to 7 points in the 2nd half to come back and win...Not making any predictions for this game, but come playoff time Pikeville's defense will be fine...

But they can't and will not shut down BELFRY....Pikeville cannot match up with BELFRY....Too many players on both sides for the Panthers....We are the Best team you will face all year...I figure it will be a close 1st QTR...After that it's Goodnight....but hope all players play well and no injuries..
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:But they can't and will not shut down BELFRY....Pikeville cannot match up with BELFRY....Too many players on both sides for the Panthers....We are the Best team you will face all year...I figure it will be a close 1st QTR...After that it's Goodnight....but hope all players play well and no injuries..

They haven't shut down anyone, Belfry will score every time they have the ball. Pikeville will have to hope for some turnovers, because they will not be able to match Belfry score for score like they have everyone else. Yea they finally got it together during the second half of some games, but Belfry is no Prestonsburg, Painstville or Hazard. You get down against this Belfry team and its lights out, there is no second half comebacks or shutouts. That's been my whole point and that's what will be this Pikeville teams downfall.
It is good to see Pikeville back to the point where this is a competitive ball game. Belfry has dominated in recent years but Pikeville will make it a gamer this year.