Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg quarterback Dalton Sizemore
Dalton is my cousin and if you believe it or not the kid is being recruited by FSU, I have seen the letters and text messages and phone logs if you are his friend on Facebook you would also see. The former recruiting coordinator and quarterbacks coach Dewauyne Craig was the contact though now he is at Auburn now in the same position. He even posted a photo of all of the documentation on Facebook. Who knows what the further holds for him but to those saying they were not recruiting him as a 6FT QB you are wrong. They even have a 6FT QB on their current roster.
That's a lot of great talk. I know of another senior qb in 2013 that last season won 14 of 15 games and a state title. That qb shattered all school records and threw only 1 int all year. The funny thing is, I haven't even heard his name mentioned or a site on here about him. Just sayin:Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:That's a lot of great talk. I know of another senior qb in 2013 that last season won 14 of 15 games and a state title. That qb shattered all school records and threw only 1 int all year. The funny thing is, I haven't even heard his name mentioned or a site on here about him. Just sayin:Thumbs:

So why don't you quit whining and post a thread on him?
Go back to your 80's sitcom and see if you can get the answer to that question. There is no need to post on every player we have. They will get the posts written about them in the papers, as long as they do what they need to do.
mysonis55 Wrote:Go back to your 80's sitcom and see if you can get the answer to that question. There is no need to post on every player we have. They will get the posts written about them in the papers, as long as they do what they need to do.

:worthy: very true mysonis55 who is stuck in far western kentucky local paper can only do so much.just like eastern kentucky thats why they have bluegrassrivals, bluegrass prep,google khsaa stats and face book the more you see and hear the more scouts will be curious.its and honor mysonis55 that you have notice this posts about dalton sizemore.and who was your qb lastyear.Confusednicker:
Confusedhh:mysonis55 i do no about some of mayfield player jake guhy, jonathon jackson,jordan brown,mike mix,terarron sherill,dylan reed, jordan tyler, and stuart mills and other who has play at mayfield from this posts and in the past its sound like in the pasts you are proud of everybody who puts on a cardinal jersey so just shh:Confusedhh:
I'm not sure if Sizemore will get the opportunity to play D-1 or not, but I do know he is a really good QB that will help lead Williamsburg to heights they have not reach before. Good luck to Dalton and the Yellow Jackets and enjoy the ride this season, although I still wish he had gone to the same high school as his big sister.
64, Im impressed. I cant believe you knew all of them. Guhy is our qb. I wish yall luck. We gotta worry about Russellville and Beechwood before we can even think about that side. I just have never seen a fan base put a different site up for each of the players like yall do,cant wrap my brain around that concept.:biglmao:
Williamsburg fans love their kids. Much as you were promoting Jackson and Guhy last year they are promoting their kids. This is regular happening on this site. Somerset promoted a couple of very kids last year who signed at EKU. If you have anything positive to post about Mayfield kids I'll not complain. I enjoy following kids from across the state.
Hey all the jabbing aside between our fan bases. I hope the kid gets a good scholarship somewhere. His HS stats won't matter his level of competition with the schedule they play will come into play. He is a couple inches short for a traditional div 1 drop back qb and nowhere fast enough as an option or duel threat qb. He will need go to some big time camps and blow them away against national level talent. When you play against weak hs comp the camps are where you have to impress. I do have a question based on reading this board last season there were some questions on his decision making or am I wrong?
rednblackattack Wrote:Hey all the jabbing aside between our fan bases. I hope the kid gets a good scholarship somewhere. His HS stats won't matter his level of competition with the schedule they play will come into play. He is a couple inches short for a traditional div 1 drop back qb and nowhere fast enough as an option or duel threat qb. He will need go to some big time camps and blow them away against national level talent. When you play against weak hs comp the camps are where you have to impress. I do have a question based on reading this board last season there were some questions on his decision making or am I wrong?

With a 4.23 gpa and ranking 1 or 2 in his class I can see a scholarship. The offense he is in at williamsburg everybody they play is keying on the pass and yet over the past two seasons with freshman, and last year sophomore receivers he has put up great numbers over 5700 yards. Sizemore completed about 60 percent of his passes last year with everyone playing pass defense against them. Running a 4.7 or 4.8 is not bad for a 215 pound quarterback, that is benching over 350 lbs. Dalton is not just a drop back passer, he throws the ball as good on the run as he does in the pocket, and when he decides to run he looks like a fullback come at you rushing for over 1400 yards in the last 2 seasons. The only common opponent that mayfield and Williamsburg have had to compare levels of competition was Hazard in the 2011 when Sizemore was injured in the first half of the region title game he was having a big game until the injury with 3 minutes left in the first half he was 12/20 for 163 yards passing and 9 yards rushing 1 int. hazard and mayfield played in the championship game that year mayfield as a whole team had 27 total yards rushing, passing your qb was 15/36 for 0 net yards and 5 interceptions, so I think he can play with the big boys "hell he put up more yards in less than a half than your whole team did in the game against the state champs.
I hope he gets a good div1 scholarship. Just it really takes impressing at camps to get an offer these days kids improve so much year to year. I'm sure both Dalton and Guhy are completely different players than as soph. Anyway I love to see any Ky kid get a scholarship anywhere.
How does a kid get a 4.3 GPA?
I know it happens in almost every school, but i suppose some type of after school credits would have to be taken.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How does a kid get a 4.3 GPA?
I know it happens in almost every school, but i suppose some type of after school credits would have to be taken.

If the schools weight classes an A is worth more than 4 points in the grading scale.
He does so well because of that all state water boy yall got. I heard he can carry 7 jugs of water at 1 time.
mysonis55 :moon::moon::moon:thats just wrong we love our waterboy.more heart than any football player i have every know. :please:do your research before you"re 56
I got an idea, why don't yall just have a player of the day. Yall got too many all staters to do a player of the week. You can start with your seniors and work your way down to the 8th grade. You can post how much better each one is at say horseshoes or something each day. Make a new site about each child in the school and tell what a great accomplishment they made for the day or something. You guys have opened so many sites you probably have already worked your way down to the juniors already.:notworthy
mysonis55 Wrote:I got an idea, why don't yall just have a player of the day. Yall got too many all staters to do a player of the week. You can start with your seniors and work your way down to the 8th grade. You can post how much better each one is at say horseshoes or something each day. Make a new site about each child in the school and tell what a great accomplishment they made for the day or something. You guys have opened so many sites you probably have already worked your way down to the juniors already.:notworthy

Why don't you worried about mayfield moving up to 2a or 3a :biglmao:
First of all 64, we are not concerned about moving up. In 2010 and 2012 I think we would have probably won 2a as well. I say this because in 2010 the state champs in 2a was NCC who lost to Beechwood on their last game of the season. We beat Beechwood 38-14. In 2012 NCC won it again. They struggled to beat a Caldwell Co team that didn't fair too well against us to say the least. But we would have to pass up at least 2 teams and maybe as many as 4 teams above us in the last realignment to go to 2a. Then to go to 3a add about 30 more teams. Also what you don't realize is about 10 of our 18 trips to state championship games were in 2a. We did all of that and we don't have a site for each one of our players on here, can you believe that. Trinity, Highlands, Fort Campbell, Newport Central Catholic, Danville, Beechwood and several others have done it as well and they don't have a site for each one of their players on here.
Why would 2a bother us at all. We have 5 state championships and 5 state runner up in 2a from 77 to 94. When the division was much larger and we were one of the smallest 2a schools in the state.
:igiveup: mysonis55.an rednblackattack this site was suppose to be about Dalton Sizemore start your on sites.an brag on your qb.an we will support him togetherConfusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Why don't you worried about mayfield moving up to 2a or 3a :biglmao:

Just responding to your reply. There was no bragging there. You inferred that we should be worried about moving up a class.
Ok then game on:HitWall:
Relax 64, you and I both know this season will end the same way it did last season for us. You will become a Mayfield Fan before it is all said and done. As a matter of fact, I think I will get you a shirt made up in red and black with a cardinal head on it that says SUR64 on it. I will bring it with me to Bowling Green this year and present it to you, if you guys do make it.
rednblackattack Wrote:Hey all the jabbing aside between our fan bases. I hope the kid gets a good scholarship somewhere. His HS stats won't matter his level of competition with the schedule they play will come into play. He is a couple inches short for a traditional div 1 drop back qb and nowhere fast enough as an option or duel threat qb. He will need go to some big time camps and blow them away against national level talent. When you play against weak hs comp the camps are where you have to impress. I do have a question based on reading this board last season there were some questions on his decision making or am I wrong?

No you are not wrong that was runitupthegutless remarks all season about Sizemore.gutless just has a problem about Sizemore being at williamsburg an not at Whitley.I will bet you gutless hasn't, watch Sizemore play since the 8 grade.so pay no attentions Confusednicker:
I wish the best for Sizemore as he is a tremendous talent. I hope that he does get a chance at a D1 school but just having the opportunity to play at the next level is an accomplishment is it's own right. The talent is no doubt there but the opportunity for sub 6'2" QB's at the D1 level are very slim. That's not a knock on the kid, that's just the fact.

I have no doubt that major schools are evaluating him. Again, no knock but schools send stuff to many prospects. They just have to cover all of their bases in case plan A, B, or C fall through. Not saying he's a Plan D or E but with his size, that's likely the case.

Someone mentioned Ross Deaton and Ricky Bowling. Those are good examples as well as Ryan Moses, and Andy Greer of Williamsburg but when it comes to true quarterbacks that in my mind had D1 talent/arms but lacked the size, I think of two guys from this part of the state. Clint Cashen of Corbin and Eddie Creech of Cumberland.

Cashen was a little too short and didn't have the speed but his football IQ, arm strength, and ability to read the field was as good as any QB in Kentucky. Unfortunately, major colleges only look at the totality of a player, not just what they do particularly well.

Creech on the other hand was in a system offense that put up huge numbers but anyone who saw that kid play will know that it wasn't just a system that made him a great player. He was a tremendous athlete that could beat you with his arm and feet. Unfortunately for him, he was still just a little small to play QB at the next level. I have no doubt that he could have been a solid DB but it just wound up not being in the cards for him.
We didn't take advantage of him coming to us for one year. Licking our chops.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
:
cougarpride08 Wrote:We didn't take advantage of him coming to us for one year. Licking our chops.

:Thumbs: 64sur
HAROLD Wrote:I wish the best for Sizemore as he is a tremendous talent. I hope that he does get a chance at a D1 school but just having the opportunity to play at the next level is an accomplishment is it's own right. The talent is no doubt there but the opportunity for sub 6'2" QB's at the D1 level are very slim. That's not a knock on the kid, that's just the fact.

I have no doubt that major schools are evaluating him. Again, no knock but schools send stuff to many prospects. They just have to cover all of their bases in case plan A, B, or C fall through. Not saying he's a Plan D or E but with his size, that's likely the case.

Someone mentioned Ross Deaton and Ricky Bowling. Those are good examples as well as Ryan Moses, and Andy Greer of Williamsburg but when it comes to true quarterbacks that in my mind had D1 talent/arms but lacked the size, I think of two guys from this part of the state. Clint Cashen of Corbin and Eddie Creech of Cumberland.

Cashen was a little too short and didn't have the speed but his football IQ, arm strength, and ability to read the field was as good as any QB in Kentucky. Unfortunately, major colleges only look at the totality of a player, not just what they do particularly well.

Creech on the other hand was in a system offense that put up huge numbers but anyone who saw that kid play will know that it wasn't just a system that made him a great player. He was a tremendous athlete that could beat you with his arm and feet. Unfortunately for him, he was still just a little small to play QB at the next level. I have no doubt that he could have been a solid DB but it just wound up not being in the cards for him.
I remember Cumberland put out some good teams/athletes back in the day. What year did Creech play qb.?
Creech graduated in 2003. Cumberland had some good athletes with Creech, Haynes and Battle but their teams didn't match up well with physical teams in the postseason. I don't think they won any playoff games.