Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg quarterback Dalton Sizemore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
3133 Passing yards and 39 TD completions last year. Will he break the 4000 yrd next year?... I watched him throw up 350 on bench the other day this kid is impressive. The only problem i see with him surpassing the 4k mark this year is williamsburg only plays 9 regular season games.
WOW
QBs benching 350

170lb guys squatting 500+

Makes a person wonder.
I've heard he is beginning to get a lot of interest from college coaches. The 4.8 at the combine helped his cause.
E's Army Wrote:I've heard he is beginning to get a lot of interest from college coaches. The 4.8 at the combine helped his cause.

Yes he is getting a lot of interest and he should
4.23 gpa
325 bench
4.8 forty
6'1/2 " 213 lbs
Turned heads at the 7on7 in march at lexington
Last 2 seasons 5743 yards passing, around1500 yards rushing
Can throw on the run as good as in the pocket
I bench should be 350 lbs
Full deck Wrote:WOW
QBs benching 350

170lb guys squatting 500+

Makes a person wonder.

Confusednicker:
E's Army Wrote:I've heard he is beginning to get a lot of interest from college coaches. The 4.8 at the combine helped his cause.

Which NAIA, D-II or D-III schools are looking at him?
saw a bunch of letters from florida state on his facebook page along with his 350 lbs lift, Louisville has spoken with him,Illinois State has spoken with him,Morehead,Pikeville,these are the only teams i have heard of,but sure they are more. norm peterson Confusedmoke:
Look for Dalton to have a Super Year, he will play in College. Good Luck to him and the Jackets, got to see them play this year.
64SUR Wrote:saw a bunch of letters from florida state on his facebook page along with his 350 lbs lift, Louisville has spoken with him,Illinois State has spoken with him,Morehead,Pikeville,these are the only teams i have heard of,but sure they are more. norm peterson Confusedmoke:

So Fla St is recruiting him but NOT UK, wow.
^
I think your going to see Stoops only going after 4 and 5 stars.
Hes no where near that. I think he'll end up at a NAIA school, i think Gtown would be a good fit for him.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I think your going to see Stoops only going after 4 and 5 stars.
Hes no where near that. I think he'll end up at a NAIA school, i think Gtown would be a good fit for him.

I agree 100%. Watch him play last season, not a D 1 quarterback JMO. Good high school player .
BossEric Wrote:I agree 100%. Watch him play last season, not a D 1 quarterback JMO. Good high school player .
What game did you watch last year?

There you have it folks qb evaluations from a whitley county fan and a McCreary reject, they really know how to rate qb's, Georgetown that's where whitley county's last great qb went and we all know how that turned out.
If those numbers are accurate, then that's VERY impressive.

I'm sure this kid will have plenty of options to choose from for college if he has another good year.
Watched Dalton play last year and he played very well. Good luck to him.
I think Dalton can play at whatever level he chooses to play at. Real Good Football player and a Nicer Young Man. Good Luck to him in up coming season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If those numbers are accurate, then that's VERY impressive.

I'm sure this kid will have plenty of options to choose from for college if he has another good year.

Yeah he needs to have another really good year, after barker signed I think he is the best qb available to recruit in the state Dalton has the strength,speed,grades,and a cannon of a arm along with being a great kid. Not many qb out there that can bench 350 and run a 4.8 forty. I call it like I see it, if he was 2" taller and played at a larger school he would already be signed with the numbers he has put up over the last 2 seasons. I still think he would have looked better in a hound uniform
T1up Wrote:Yeah he needs to have another really good year, after barker signed I think he is the best qb available to recruit in the state Dalton has the strength,speed,grades,and a cannon of a arm along with being a great kid. Not many qb out there that can bench 350 and run a 4.8 forty. I call it like I see it, if he was 2" taller and played at a larger school he would already be signed with the numbers he has put up over the last 2 seasons. I still think he would have looked better in a hound uniform

There are more out there than you think.
cherokee Wrote:What game did you watch last year?

There you have it folks qb evaluations from a whitley county fan and a McCreary reject, they really know how to rate qb's, Georgetown that's where whitley county's last great qb went and we all know how that turned out.

It wasnt a knock on him. Just the truth.
If he goes to a major D-1 college than he'll ride the pine just like others from this area have.

Gtown is a great fball school. Its a compliment for me to say that. And you cant babysit kids forever. Every school including yours , actually more than most end up with a few druggies after there gone.
T1up Wrote:Yeah he needs to have another really good year, after barker signed I think he is the best qb available to recruit in the state Dalton has the strength,speed,grades,and a cannon of a arm along with being a great kid. Not many qb out there that can bench 350 and run a 4.8 forty. I call it like I see it, if he was 2" taller and played at a larger school he would already be signed with the numbers he has put up over the last 2 seasons. I still think he would have looked better in a hound uniform

He's very similar is height, size, speed, production and arm strength to Somerset's Ross Deaton and Zach Eastham of Pulaski County to name a couple of recent similar quarterbacks. Both of those guys ended up at Campbellsville University. Big time D-1 schools don't recruit 6'0" quarterbacks unless they run faster than a 4.8. Unfortunately all the hard work in the world won't make him taller. Best of luck to him this season.
I did not see Eastham. But to compare Deaton's arm strength tells me you have never seen Sizemore play or you are clueless. Deaton was a good player but he was not close.
Sizemores stats aint as good as soth laurels Ricky Bowling and he played naia football and around the same size and speed.
fence jumper Wrote:Sizemores stats aint as good as soth laurels Ricky Bowling and he played naia football and around the same size and speed.

Bowling played 4 years the last 3 years on a horrible team and ended his career with a losing record. Bowling was no where near being the size and having the strength of Sizemore (215 and benching 350 lbs get serious) Bowling could not make the physical plays when the pass was not there, Sizemore over 1400 yards rushing the last 2 seasons looks like a fullback coming out of backfield and is much more versitale than bowling and playing on a contending team.
topnotch Wrote:Bowling played 4 years the last 3 years on a horrible team and ended his career with a losing record. Bowling was no where near being the size and having the strength of Sizemore (215 and benching 350 lbs get serious) Bowling could not make the physical plays when the pass was not there, Sizemore over 1400 yards rushing the last 2 seasons looks like a fullback coming out of backfield and is much more versitale than bowling and playing on a contending team.

Regardless....he's 6 foot and runs a 4.8. Those numbers say NAIA/ DII. He's an awesome dual threat QB but his measurables are not there.
johnnyd Wrote:Regardless....he's 6 foot and runs a 4.8. Those numbers say NAIA/ DII. He's an awesome dual threat QB but his measurables are not there.

Well said, plus he not playing against the big boys on friday night. Good High School player.
E's Army Wrote:I did not see Eastham. But to compare Deaton's arm strength tells me you have never seen Sizemore play or you are clueless. Deaton was a good player but he was not close.

Let me guess: You watched Deaton play against Williamsburg and their matador defense in 2005 and 2006? In those games all he had to do was throw fades and bubble screens to John Cole to put up 56 and 66 points. When he played against good teams he could make the tough throws. His arm strength might not quite be up to Sizemore's but it was comparable. It certainly isn't NAIA vs D-I different--particularly given both of their heights. Now D-I FCS might be a little different.
Sizemore is a good high school Qb, but you cant look at his numbers realistically. The competition he faces on Friday night is inferior. Their schedule is terribly weak. A good running back on the Williamsburg team would average over 200 yards a game and might hit 300 a game or two. So I say to be recruited by ahh Florida State - I would have my doubts.
Deaton was a good high school quarterback in a system that fit him well playing with John Cole and some other very good skill people. Sizemore is bigger, stronger, faster and has a stronger arm. I don't know what else you look for in a quarterback physically.
E's Army Wrote:Deaton was a good high school quarterback in a system that fit him well playing with John Cole and some other very good skill people. Sizemore is bigger, stronger, faster and has a stronger arm. I don't know what else you look for in a quarterback physically.

Stronger and a stronger arm I will give you. However, Deaton ran a sub 5 forty, was about 1/2 inch shorter and about 10 pounds lighter--not much of a difference in those areas. Eastham was faster and had a stronger arm than Deaton. Both were NAIA quarterbacks. Why? It wasn't their skill set, it was their height. Sizemore might very well go D-II or D-I FCS, but he isn't going to the ACC or the SEC at 6-0--not at quarterback. He's a good enough athlete he might play another position. Like I said good luck to him, I always like to see players from mountain schools do well but most of the big boys immediately write off a kid at quarterback if they aren't 6-3 or run like Vick.
The optimism of early summer has few constraints.
Pages: 1 2 3