Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Louisville Cards
theVILLE Wrote:If you go back and read my comment again without automatically assuming i was hating on the SEC you can clearly see that I stated both have a few elite teams and the rest are junk. SEC dominates football. Of those 11 championships how many different programs have claim on those championships? Im not even sure on that answer myself but Im positive it will back my statement up of a few elite teams and the rest are junk.

8 uk, 2 florida, 1 arkansas...if im not mistaken. So 3 teams...and 2 are consistently good.
theVILLE Wrote:If you go back and read my comment again without automatically assuming i was hating on the SEC you can clearly see that I stated both have a few elite teams and the rest are junk. SEC dominates football. Of those 11 championships how many different programs have claim on those championships? Im not even sure on that answer myself but Im positive it will back my statement up of a few elite teams and the rest are junk.

4 auburn,lsu,Florida,Bama, with all except auburn winning multiple titles. The last non sec team to win a title was Texas over USC in that "Vince Young" game.
NothingTrivial Wrote:8 uk, 2 florida, 1 arkansas...if im not mistaken. So 3 teams...and 2 are consistently good.

I think you are confused? Those are the basketball national titles he was talking about football.
jetpilot Wrote:Are you serious? UK won 8 games including a bowl game the year before they upset UL last time. Expectations were high. And the high expectations were met as they won 8 games again, including wins over UL and a bowl win over Florida State. They had Woodson, Rafael Little, Keenan Burton, Jacob Tamme, Johnson, Wesley Woodyard, Jarmon, Myron Pryor, Lyons Jr, and on and on. How many guys like that on this roster? This team opened at 3.5 wins over/under on the LV betting line coming off a disastrous 2-10 season. Also, Louisville was coming off a bowl win over Wake Forest last time. Not the same as thrashing Florida.

So no, your scenario doesn't seem familiar at all. Not even close.

You thrashed the most overrated SEC team. They didn't have to play bama got to play a&m early before manziel found his footing and took off. Lost to Georgia at home in a game the bulldogs tried to give away. They really weren't that impressive and had an offense that couldn't score. Also after a month off then playing in a bowl game is a lot different than playing Florida when they are in rythym in the middle of the season. The sugar bowl was a great win for the cards. But to many times we use bowl games as a barometer for next seasons success. I wouldn't look to much into it. Just look at how U of L and Notre dame have faired in recent history after playing in big time bowl games the year before. I understand U of L is the favorite but it was just two years ago a bad UK team had them beat if larod king doesn't drop a wide open pass on 4th down. So with the cats having them at home anything can happen. And I wouldn't be surprised if it does.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Sec has 11 basketball national championships, how many football championships does the big easy have?

theVILLE Wrote:Of those 11 championships how many different programs have claim on those championships? Im not even sure on that answer myself but Im positive it will back my statement up of a few elite teams and the rest are junk.

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think you are confused? Those are the basketball national titles he was talking about football.

Not confused at all.
NothingTrivial Wrote:8 uk, 2 florida, 1 arkansas...if im not mistaken. So 3 teams...and 2 are consistently good.

Ok please go back and look at my comment. "A couple Elite teams"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think you are confused? Those are the basketball national titles he was talking about football.

I made a simple comparison and it got blew out of proportion. I was in no way shape or form putting any program down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
NothingTrivial Wrote:Not confused at all.

I was just making the simple comparison. Just because SEC basketball sucks doesnt mean UK sucks at basketball. Just because Big East football sucks doesnt mean UL sucks at football. With the new format teams will get to prove themself instead of 2 teams being thrown in a title game by what the conputer says they are rated,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
To play in the BCS title game, a team MUST beat some top ranked teams. I'm not saying Louisville won't be good this year, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone on Louisville's schedule was ranked at the end of the year last year. I'm not saying they can't beat ranked teams, but if they don't play any, they really can't prove how good they are. And, strength of schedule plays a part in BCS rankings. They very well may be a top five team, but it will be awfully difficult to prove it.
theVILLE Wrote:Ok please go back and look at my comment. "A couple Elite teams"

Exactly, I agree with you...just throwing the teams out there.
Shady Grady Wrote:To play in the BCS title game, a team MUST beat some top ranked teams. I'm not saying Louisville won't be good this year, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone on Louisville's schedule was ranked at the end of the year last year. I'm not saying they can't beat ranked teams, but if they don't play any, they really can't prove how good they are. And, strength of schedule plays a part in BCS rankings. They very well may be a top five team, but it will be awfully difficult to prove it.

Now that I wont argue with that at all, I dont think UL should leave Big East. But they should play a couple good teams in non conference. However, I do think they are a top 5 team but they may not get a chance to prove it. But they were given that chance last year and they shocked everybody
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:You thrashed the most overrated SEC team. They didn't have to play bama got to play a&m early before manziel found his footing and took off. Lost to Georgia at home in a game the bulldogs tried to give away. They really weren't that impressive and had an offense that couldn't score. Also after a month off then playing in a bowl game is a lot different than playing Florida when they are in rythym in the middle of the season. The sugar bowl was a great win for the cards. But to many times we use bowl games as a barometer for next seasons success. I wouldn't look to much into it. Just look at how U of L and Notre dame have faired in recent history after playing in big time bowl games the year before. I understand U of L is the favorite but it was just two years ago a bad UK team had them beat if larod king doesn't drop a wide open pass on 4th down. So with the cats having them at home anything can happen. And I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

From my whole post all you got is FL was overrated lol? Can you not see a huuuuuuuge difference in that UK team and this one? If you think this UK team can beat UL I want to be your bookie. For the record, my team is UK.

Arkansas, Florida, Uk.
theVILLE Wrote:I was just making the simple comparison. Just because SEC basketball sucks doesnt mean UK sucks at basketball. Just because Big East football sucks doesnt mean UL sucks at football. With the new format teams will get to prove themself instead of 2 teams being thrown in a title game by what the conputer says they are rated,

Actually the SEC does "suck" in basketball. With the exception of UK. And Florida. UK fans hang on the "we are in the SEC" in football. So what? The Big East when U of L arrived in football had some very solid teams. (Check out the BE in head to head competition against the SEC overall). You would be surprised. I have always said to UK fans...if you don't want your ass beat on a regular basis in football...get out of the SEC. But then would UK dominate another conference in basketball...say the Big East, Big Ten, ACC? Probably not...and you know UK fans wouldn't take to that. I love U of L's move to the ACC. They will have to compete hard in every sport. No one can "bash" the "easy" football schedule anymore. I will also point out...U of L has had some pretty big wins outside their conference over the years. Alabama, Miami and Florida State were huge for the program at the time.
jetpilot Wrote:From my whole post all you got is FL was overrated lol? Can you not see a huuuuuuuge difference in that UK team and this one? If you think this UK team can beat UL I want to be your bookie. For the record, my team is UK.

Because everyone is pointing to Louisville is the next big thing in college football talking up strong and bridgewater and how they could be in BCS championship all cause they thrashed Florida. Guess what UK played u of l closer than Florida did. It's a lot easier for a program like U of L to keep focus for Florida than it is for a Florida team that felt it should've been a national title participant who ended up playing Louisville hence the half speed and blowout IMO. I think that loss reflects more on how Florida was overrated and unprepared more so than Louisville is gonna be that good. If they beat UK congrats they should. They are the more talented team. Just saying an upset to me would not be a surprise. If you look at Louisvilles whole body of work from last season it suggest they played the game of there lives in A BCS game they barely got into due to the crazy rules of being in 3 way tie. Nothing to me screams juggernaut or undefeated it scream a perfect storm of timing luck and a hot QB. I could see 2 losses atleast with this weak schedule. With temple and Cincy being the most likely.
^You keep on looking at UL rather than UK...UK will catch back up but this year they are terrible. UL can be overrated and still beat UK by 2 or 3 TDs....UK has no shot of winning...
jetpilot Wrote:^You keep on looking at UL rather than UK...UK will catch back up but this year they are terrible. UL can be overrated and still beat UK by 2 or 3 TDs....UK has no shot of winning...

I actually think UK is underrated somewhat I think they could be a 5-7 or 6-6 team. If maxwell smith stays healthy the offense should improve tremendously. I also expect tr change in coaching to be worth atleast a two win upgrade over last season. If some of the highly touted recruits like Timmons and hatcher make an immediate impact then I could see UK being better than most expect. But since this thread is about the Cards like I said I see them having 2 losses with programs like UK Rutgers or South Florida capable of adding to that total if things go there way on gameday.
Really....are you serious??
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I actually think UK is underrated somewhat I think they could be a 5-7 or 6-6 team. If maxwell smith stays healthy the offense should improve tremendously. I also expect tr change in coaching to be worth atleast a two win upgrade over last season. If some of the highly touted recruits like Timmons and hatcher make an immediate impact then I could see UK being better than most expect. But since this thread is about the Cards like I said I see them having 2 losses with programs like UK Rutgers or South Florida capable of adding to that total if things go there way on gameday.

UK will be lucky to win 4 games this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I actually think UK is underrated somewhat I think they could be a 5-7 or 6-6 team. If maxwell smith stays healthy the offense should improve tremendously. I also expect tr change in coaching to be worth atleast a two win upgrade over last season. If some of the highly touted recruits like Timmons and hatcher make an immediate impact then I could see UK being better than most expect. But since this thread is about the Cards like I said I see them having 2 losses with programs like UK Rutgers or South Florida capable of adding to that total if things go there way on gameday.

Bless your heart...
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Arkansas, Florida, Uk.

Exactly, that is my point. UK and Florida are pretty consistent. They have competed well. Florida isnt really exactly a powerhouse but Billy D has done well there. But Arkansas isnt consistently good. I mean a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. You go to the Big 10 or the Big East and you have several teams that will compete with anybody on any given night. You may have one walk over game. The rest are grind it all out. And its not just the in conference play. They do that all season long. Yes, years the best team doesnt come from those conferences. But they are the tougher conferences and if UK played in either of those they would get competition night in and night out. Much like Football. UK could get out of the SEC and might would be able to win a game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Exactly, that is my point. UK and Florida are pretty consistent. They have competed well. Florida isnt really exactly a powerhouse but Billy D has done well there. But Arkansas isnt consistently good. I mean a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. You go to the Big 10 or the Big East and you have several teams that will compete with anybody on any given night. You may have one walk over game. The rest are grind it all out. And its not just the in conference play. They do that all season long. Yes, years the best team doesnt come from those conferences. But they are the tougher conferences and if UK played in either of those they would get competition night in and night out. Much like Football. UK could get out of the SEC and might would be able to win a game.

Actually Florida is a powerhouse. I'm sure UK fans won't acknowledge that. But what Donovan has done and does at a "football" school is incredible. I'm not sure some folks realize what a passionate football state Florida is.