Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Louisville Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is the schudule for this upcoming season.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/big-e...hedule.php

I honestly don't see anyone knocking them off this year. The cards will start the season in the preseason top 10. I could see the Cards in the BCS Title game next January.
BTT..

Ohio W 31-14

EKU W 45 7

UK W 28-17

FIU W 31-10

Temple W 24-13

Rutgers W 21-13

UFC W 23-17

USF W 27-24

UConn W 33-10

Houston W 38-24

Memphis W 41-13

Cincinnati W 24-21

Yes, I think the Cards will sneak out a couple close wins. I still see them running the table and playing in the BCS Title game.
Bridgewater has a legit shot at the Heisman this year. My pick though, Braxton Miller.
With that schedule they should run the table. However, I think they will lose at least one game. My guess they will overlook Cincinnati and get upset costing themselves a shot at the national title game.
The problem I see is as many as 3 other schools having a shot at running the table as well, and would finish ahead of UL in the rankings.
Jarons Wrote:With that schedule they should run the table. However, I think they will lose at least one game. My guess they will overlook Cincinnati and get upset costing themselves a shot at the national title game.

Shew, that is the game that really catches my a eye and makes me nervous. The Cards sitting at 11-0 going into Cincy on a Thursday night on ESPN it could ruin their season if not focused. If I had to pick a game they would lose it would be that one and simple reasons of overlooking the Bearcats and 12-0.

I still say 12-0!
NothingTrivial Wrote:The problem I see is as many as 3 other schools having a shot at running the table as well, and would finish ahead of UL in the rankings.

Who are the 3 teams? Alabama ___ and ____?
With this kind of schedule, anything but an undefeated season should be a disappointment. With a schedule like this, I don't see them making the Title game with a 12-0 record. I would put a one loss SEC team ahead of an undefeated Louisville hands down! Louisville basically shot their selves in the foot by making such an easy schedule.
Come on!! What happen to that heavily favored Florida team last year in the Sugar Bowl??
Get that SEC one loss crap out of here!
1-3-1-press Wrote:Come on!! What happen to that heavily favored Florida team last year in the Sugar Bowl??
Get that SEC one loss crap out of here!

Who won the National Championship last year? A one loss SEC team! Who won the National Championship the year before? A one loss SEC team!
UK could get them. If things go right. Cincy is gonna be tough. And I'm not buying into the dirty bird hype. They have never finished the job both football programs in our state always seem to lose focus at some point in a season. U of l will drop a game in the big east no one expects.
My 3 best guesses for a loss are cincy,ucf,and temple
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:UK could get them. If things go right. Cincy is gonna be tough. And I'm not buying into the dirty bird hype. They have never finished the job both football programs in our state always seem to lose focus at some point in a season. U of l will drop a game in the big east no one expects.

Going right as in Louisville's entire roster having 2 pulled hamstrings...get real dude. Think of Florida coming in what chance UK would have, then think of the team that thrashed Florida...

I do think UL will lose a game, and even if they don't they won't be in the championship game...
Who the hell cares. Loserville will always be little brother no matter what.

They know it and it posses them off.
Lville is becoming the next Boise State.

They will have a great record, with one of the weakest schedules in the nation.
If they even lose one game by one point, you can guarantee the wont get a BCS bowl unless they win the big east outright.

Either way, they wont be playing for a national title.
jetpilot Wrote:Going right as in Louisville's entire roster having 2 pulled hamstrings...get real dude. Think of Florida coming in what chance UK would have, then think of the team that thrashed Florida...

I do think UL will lose a game, and even if they don't they won't be in the championship game...

#9 Louisville coming off a BCS victory and a heisman trophy front runner at QB with national title inspirations. Against a UK team that not much was expected of.

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Maybe we should ask Andre Woodson and Stevie Johnson how that one turned out. If coach stoops has a good gameplan then yeah UK could pull the upset. It's happened Before.
FBALL Wrote:Who the hell cares. Loserville will always be little brother no matter what.

They know it and it posses them off.

Oh. I'm sorry. I guess I signed up to the wrong site. I thought this was a site to come and and enjoy and post bout sports. I guess if UK isn't your team, your opinion or team don't matter on here. Get a grip FBALL.
^
Feel free to post about Lville all you want. I think you took FBALL the wrong way. We just hate Lville that bad. ThugU can be talked about just like any other university, weve put up with neery talking about the 0-150 WVU for years now. Just know you will hear about it.
1-3-1-press Wrote:Who are the 3 teams? Alabama ___ and ____?

Ohio State should run the table, and one of the top pac 12 schools (Oregon, Stanford) could do it was well.
Loserville??? Really...do you know how dumb...and juvenile that comment is? A BCS bowl win over an SEC school, a NC in basketball, a NC runners-up in womens, college world series, final four in soccer...etc. Makes your comment look pretty ridiculous.
Ohio State will meet Bama in the title game.

That is all....
I could definitely see Ohio State going undeafted again but going 12-0 last year and than trying to go 13-0 this year. That along puts ALOT of pressure on the Buckeyes, we talking 25 straight win.
1-3-1-press Wrote:Oh. I'm sorry. I guess I signed up to the wrong site. I thought this was a site to come and and enjoy and post bout sports. I guess if UK isn't your team, your opinion or team don't matter on here. Get a grip FBALL.

Nope it matters. But you just proved my point.

Little brother and always pissed off about it.

:devilflam
Yes Loserville.

Juvenile as it may be it still elicits the appropriate response. Which it did.
I could see UL going undefeated. Yes they play in the Big East. However, that doesnt mean they arent an elite program. They proved that last season after running Florida off the field last season. Charlie is a GREAT coach. Teddy may be the best QB in the country. The Big East in Fball isnt anyworse than SEC Basketball. You have a couple elite teams and then junk. I wont argue that at all. Can UL get beat? Dang right they could. Cincy could easily do that.
theVILLE Wrote:I could see UL going undefeated. Yes they play in the Big East. However, that doesnt mean they arent an elite program. They proved that last season after running Florida off the field last season. Charlie is a GREAT coach. Teddy may be the best QB in the country. The Big East in Fball isnt anyworse than SEC Basketball. You have a couple elite teams and then junk. I wont argue that at all. Can UL get beat? Dang right they could. Cincy could easily do that.

Sec has 11 basketball national championships, how many football championships does the big easy have?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Sec has 11 basketball national championships, how many football championships does the big easy have?

If you go back and read my comment again without automatically assuming i was hating on the SEC you can clearly see that I stated both have a few elite teams and the rest are junk. SEC dominates football. Of those 11 championships how many different programs have claim on those championships? Im not even sure on that answer myself but Im positive it will back my statement up of a few elite teams and the rest are junk.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:#9 Louisville coming off a BCS victory and a heisman trophy front runner at QB with national title inspirations. Against a UK team that not much was expected of.

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Maybe we should ask Andre Woodson and Stevie Johnson how that one turned out. If coach stoops has a good gameplan then yeah UK could pull the upset. It's happened Before.

Are you serious? UK won 8 games including a bowl game the year before they upset UL last time. Expectations were high. And the high expectations were met as they won 8 games again, including wins over UL and a bowl win over Florida State. They had Woodson, Rafael Little, Keenan Burton, Jacob Tamme, Johnson, Wesley Woodyard, Jarmon, Myron Pryor, Lyons Jr, and on and on. How many guys like that on this roster? This team opened at 3.5 wins over/under on the LV betting line coming off a disastrous 2-10 season. Also, Louisville was coming off a bowl win over Wake Forest last time. Not the same as thrashing Florida.

So no, your scenario doesn't seem familiar at all. Not even close.
Oh yeah, that team that upset UL also beat #1 LSU a few weeks later...
That UK "upset" wasn't really much of an upset at all...UL was only favored by few points...
Jetpilot....that eight win season...with UK's out of conference schedule which usually is a pretty big joke is as good as UK is ever going to get. In the Kragthorpe years....UK's supposedly best teams struggled to beat U of L's worst in all but one half of football. And UK led 10-2 late in the third quarter before UK "blew" the Cards out. UK is having a great recruiting year. I look for UK to get back to being competitve, winning six, seven games in a great year with the occassional upset they get and the banjo bowl. That's it. UK fans can hang on the SEC nutsack all they want....bottom line is...you still have the Alabama's, Florida's, LSU, South Carolina, A and M, Arkansas, Tennessee...even Vandy now. Ole Miss is going to be very good. U of L's schedule this season....pretty soft..no secret. But the great thing is...the move to the ACC will again give the Cards a tough schedule in just about every sport. But honestly, I don't see the Cards or the Cat's winning a national championship in football, ever...but then hell may freeze over.
Pages: 1 2