Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Preatonsburg Alumni game
Though some guys are long removed from their playing days I've always wanted to see guys like Thomas Varney play with Doug Howard. It's gonna be a treat to see Doug (and hopefully David) suit up again.
Anyone heard any more news about this game. Last I heard Belfry had around 22 or 23 players that have paid. I haven't heard anything else for Pburg either.
They haven't even posted it in the PBurg paper yet... I'm worried PBurg won't have anoyne who wants to play
Is there a website or link that shows how many each school has signed up and who they area?
josh blackburn, mattew slone, kevin woods, masn heywood, alex kidd, mason heywood, nick clay, dennis lafferty, matthew sword, patrick banks, joey willis, bryson williams, timothy lewis, kevin younce are all playing
PHS Coach Wrote:Is there a website or link that shows how many each school has signed up and who they area?
gridironalumni.com. That's the website for the group. Go to it and it should tell to what to do. I think you can only see the ones who have signed up after you have signed up yourself.
I've been seeing former Pburg players talking about it on Facebook.

Not sure how interested any of them really are though.
Yes...Alumni Football USA is here!! AFUSA has been in business for 29 years and has done well over 1300 games nationwide. We are based in Johnson City, TN and covering 3000 schools in the south! Over of the past 2 years over $600,000 has been raised nationwide for schools, and we are on track this year to raise $1.2 million. We have met with almost all the local schools in your area and dates are filling up! We are here to stay and help restore our community and return the warrior to the battlefield! We are the original Big Boys of Alumni Football. We do it for you! Check out alumnifootballusa.com or call 1-866-you-get-hit. Any leadership questions please call Coach Hargrave at 661-343-5635. "Crunch Time is Back" "You Better Get Ready"
This game has been changed to against Sheldon Clark, and I have a hunch it'll end up not happening. Seems like this guy who is doing it is an idiot... Half the guys will be on vacation, and no one wants to play on their field.. no tradition like over on Pond Creek. I'm gonna put my money on not even getting excited for this. Maybe the guy above me can get in contact and try to give a better date and more organization.
the game is set for June 7 at Cardinal Stadium at 7 o'clock.
Jed Clampett Wrote:the game is set for June 7 at Cardinal Stadium at 7 o'clock.

Don't count on it being played, Belfry had 23 paid and since announcing the date and location have had 3 refunded.
AFUSA, or Alumni football USA, is not doing this game. Alumni football USA is the company that stole a bunch of money from players from Johnson Central. The game between Sheldon Clark and Belfry is being put on my gridiron alumni. Belfry0304 I hope this game happens. It is scheduled at Sheldon Clark because the Pike county school board would not allow gridiron alumni to use their fields. The Martin County school board approved it and so it is a done deal. I hope it happens, I have a feeling the Pirates may be in for quite a surprise!!
Who is playing for Sheldon Clark?
Jd Damron, Brian Damron, Kendrick Damron, Nathan Moore, Avery ray, Channing Smith, Danny Hinkle, and it was rumored Joey Stepp may be making an appearance.
Yes, the surprise is everyone in Inez heard that half of the Belfry greats aren't playing and are going to try to get a W in since they've only managed five ... EVER.
And word is... you only have to have 75% of the team from the playing schools.
The word in Inez is SC had a team together before they even knew they would be playing Belfry. Please get your facts at least a little accurate. It's true Sc has only beat Belfry 5 times but they have beat them in some pretty big games if memory serves me! Are we allowed to count this as 6?
Pulp fiction I think both teams have guys who are not alumni. Word is Belfry has signed up some guys from Phelps. Now why they would want to get some guys from Phelps is beyond me.
Not really, two playoff games (98, 09) and three regular season. How many times has BHS knocked off SCHS in the regular season and playoffs? If you win, I'm tickled shitless for you. Just remember that David Jones, Dustin May, Andrew Elkins, Charlie Dotson, Josh Dixon, and Tony Messer only scratches the surface of names of guys WHO AREN'T PLAYING
What should Sc do about that?? It's not there fault those guys aren't playing. Sc isn't going to back down, Belfry has such a storied program that everyone seems to be so tickled about shouldn't have much to worry about. Not like all the studs from SC are plying. But you already seem to be making excuses as to why Belfry is going to lose. Don't get me wrong, Belfry is a great program but if those guys aren't going to play what can the guys from Sc do but show up and smack the guys who are playing? I mean, if Belfry is scheduled to play East Ridge, even though its a waste of time to play them, all they can do is show up and beat them. If Belfry can't get their "greats," and I use that term VERY loosely, it's not my problem!
Cardinals ride Wrote:Pulp fiction I think both teams have guys who are not alumni. Word is Belfry has signed up some guys from Phelps. Now why they would want to get some guys from Phelps is beyond me.

That's the belfry way. Recruit recruit recruit .

Sc had a full team together before belfry was even mentioned.
Maybe you guys can schedule yourselves a game against the Drillers or another one of those top notch programs around here? Lmao.