Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Preatonsburg Alumni game
In a local newspaper today it was released that an alumni game may be in the works between past graduates of Belfry high school and Prestonsburg high school. The news paper is the Williamson daily news.
Here is the link to the news paper if you might want to read about it. williamsondailynews.com.
That would be crazy!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Already heard some names that have signed up for Belfry. But don't know for sure. Rumors are one may be Micah Caudill. Not really sure on the rest. If I find out more ill try to let you know.
I know for sure Thomas Varney is interested! I'm sure David Jones would be in, and if you've drove from Belfry to Logan at any point you've probably seen Doug Howard running because he does every day.

The possibilities! Varney, Caudill, Jones, Howard, Dixon, May? Oh MY!!!!
Should be a good one.
Just saw a group of guys talking about it on Twitter. Paul Howard Jr, Josh Dixon (said he was pumped), Zane Smith, Devin Kohari, John Young... I'd love to see this be a yearly thing.
From what I heard belfry has over 20 people signed up and Prestonsburg doesn't even have 1 yet.
Wow, they need to get the word out over there. Love to see some of those guys play. Belfry may end up pushing over that 50 player mark. I think the admission price is way steep though I read $10 for an adult. Jeez. I can honestly name a ton of Pirates who'd do this though.
I already signed up.....
I would assume this will be a "flag" game right. Surely these old dudes aren't going to put on the pads again.
Ike Cooter Wrote:I would assume this will be a "flag" game right. Surely these old dudes aren't going to put on the pads again.

RAY LEWIS JUST WON A SUPER BOWL AT 38..lol
FLAG...I say we play it on blacktop or gravel...I wouldn't worry about Pburg gettin a team together....Dont matter how old you are,,,I hope Jim Mattney,,Fred Runyon...Mike Scott,,,some old timers from Belfry play,,,,I would give my first born and 10 years of life to meet Mike Scott in the hole one more time....
This has to be an April fools joke???
No joke guys. This will be an full contact affair. Check out the group that does this. They go all over the country. They supply the equipment and take care of arranging where it and when it will be played. They are called the gridiron alumni and the website is http://www.gridironalumni.com. Go Checkem out.
I'd like to see all the dudes who talk stuff over the years come out and watch Whitey Gibbs play a little ball about 23 years past his days haha, betcha he'll still be the strongest guy out there.
Belfry has 27 registered so 3 more and the game will be at CAM.
One of you guys post on here who's already registered for Belfry.
I just don't know why no one from Pburg has signed up yet. I mean early 2000's was some hard fought classic games between the two. I hope enough sign up to make this game happen. Just remember the first team to get the first 30 signees to pay to play, that team gets home field advantage. OHHHH that's probly it. They don't want to come back to DEATH VALLEY. Lol.
The problem with this is each school must get around 40 people to sign up. I had heard that Corbin was trying to get one of these games around a year ago and had around 30 people sign up to play, but none of the neighboring communities could get anyone to sign up.
skully03 Wrote:I just don't know why no one from Pburg has signed up yet. I mean early 2000's was some hard fought classic games between the two. I hope enough sign up to make this game happen. Just remember the first team to get the first 30 signees to pay to play, that team gets home field advantage. OHHHH that's probly it. They don't want to come back to DEATH VALLEY. Lol.

I don't think they know, I told a few guys from over there they hadn't even heard.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:The problem with this is each school must get around 40 people to sign up. I had heard that Corbin was trying to get one of these games around a year ago and had around 30 people sign up to play, but none of the neighboring communities could get anyone to sign up.

Crazy idea.
The problem is getting a field to play on. School systems just won't let it happen.
Thats a crazy awesome idea.
I'm pretty sure Paintsville and Johnson Central are playing one too?
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:RAY LEWIS JUST WON A SUPER BOWL AT 38..lol

True but he has maintained his conditioning over the years. That is also his job and how he supports his family. Could you imagine getting these 30+ men on the field who haven't lifted more than a doughnut in the past 12 years and have them play a full contact football game. Adding the risk of getting injured and have to take time off work, doesn't make much sense to me.

Now with all that being said, I would pay a hefty amount of money to see the Pirate and Blackcat old-times hook up. Would have to root for the Pirates.
That's why you let Haywood and his staff get ahold of these boys that haven't played in 25 years and put em through a few full practices lol that'll help get em in shape. Imagine these 40 year old men getting back out there and putting the pads back on. Lol I say 2 weeks of practice then a game. Only problem would be finding a field to play on and if an injury occurred or something like that.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I don't think they know, I told a few guys from over there they hadn't even heard.

I've been trying to get the word out today.
In all serious this would be a good thing. Like a reunion of past teams coming together. People getting to play with the guys they grew up watching. Hope enough people sign up to make this possible.
One of the comments on the page looked like a sheldon clark guy calling out johnson central.
yeah schs is trying to get one against johnson central we have 33 paid but central isn't wanting to buy in me personally i would love to get to smack you guys around a little i didn't get to play you guys in school missed by a year on both sides.lol would have been fun though