Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most OverRated Team in 15th
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I think the 15th region is underchieving big time this year. I don't think Paintsville is overrated because I still think come tourney time they are the team to beat!:dump:

I agree 100%! You all just keep hatin' and we will keep playin'!:no:
"halfstep" Wrote:I agree 100%! You all just keep hatin' and we will keep playin'!:no:

Who hates who???Confusedhh:
South Floyd
Paintsville is the most overrated team in the region...except when they play at Paintsville. They won the Paintsville Tigers Hoops Classic, which had some pretty impressive teams in it, but once they left their "comfort zone" and headed south to Knott County for the WYMT Tournament, they won how many games? Oh yeah, that's right...NONE! And the field was far weaker than it was in the Paintsville tournament. Yes, Landon Slone is #1 in the region, no doubt, but that doesn't make his team #1. It takes 5 players to play basketball, not just one. Even Kelly Coleman had a few contributers. Until the Tigers beat some high quality teams, away from home, then that's when I will say they are tops in the region.
"Eagle Eye" Wrote:Who hates who???Confusedhh:

It just seems that every post that you look at on here about Paintsville every one is bashing them. Everyone forgets that these KIDS are just Sophamores! And Great Kids at that! I know I said Hatin' but I also said Playin', don't read between the lines I was just tryin' to practice my rappin'!:headphone

Think of the pressure on these KIDS right now, how everyone is sayin' they are the #1 team to beat in the Region and they are all only like 15 and 16 yrs old! Just think though. The region gets to rank these KIDS for the next two years also!! WOW!! :omg: They are playin' with a lot of expectations right now, so yes they are starting to struggle alittle, BUT, BMR will, trust me, have them ready come tourney time as he always does! I would rather start touney time with every one think I was over rated and maybe over look me than go in as the top rated an have a target on my back!Wink
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Paintsville is the most overrated team in the region...except when they play at Paintsville. They won the Paintsville Tigers Hoops Classic, which had some pretty impressive teams in it, but once they left their "comfort zone" and headed south to Knott County for the WYMT Tournament, they won how many games? Oh yeah, that's right...NONE! And the field was far weaker than it was in the Paintsville tournament. Yes, Landon Slone is #1 in the region, no doubt, but that doesn't make his team #1. It takes 5 players to play basketball, not just one. Even Kelly Coleman had a few contributers. Until the Tigers beat some high quality teams, away from home, then that's when I will say they are tops in the region.

By the way they did win one game in the WYMT! Before you bash on someone know the facts first. :google: I will say it again 5 of the first six SOPHAMORES! Who are maturing more and more everyday!
paintsville is way overrated
Jc
jc is overrated in the district and the 15th.
paintsville.
Rated top 25 in the state preseason...
Every team that was predicted to runaway with the 15th region is overrated as far as I'm concerned. This region has 5 or 6 teams that could come away with the title and a trip to Rupp.
paintsville
How Do U Say Sf They Are Picked To Win The 58th Butall U Hear About In The 15th Is Paintsville...paintsville Is The Most Overrated
Magoffin Co. Overated, Cmon, Their Not Even Rated.you Cant Blame Them For Being Excited, Their A Better Team This Season.theyve Played Alot Of People Close And Won A Few Here And There.south Floyd Is Not Over Rated. Just Ask Paintsville Bout That.johnson Central Wins The Prize, Totally Overrated!ive Said It, Anybody Can Win The 15th! I Still Pick A Pikecentral And Belfry Final.
"halfstep" Wrote:I agree 100%! You all just keep hatin' and we will keep playin'!:no:

I have the upmost respect in basketball for the players and BMR. They are young(not BMR) and have a lot to learn. AS far as hate, I hate no one. I just simply set back and laugh at some of the older tiger fans showing their TRUE (back)sides during big games. $M$I'm lovin it $M$:lame:

It must be great to have great athletic sponsors like bubba and leroy.Confusederved:
paintsville or johnson central
jc
JC and BL
Has To Be Either BL Or JC. These Two Teams Were The Talk Of The Site In The Pre-Season. Seems Like They Haven't Lived Up To Expectations. :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
I think it is paintsville
Paintsville
jc
"Mr. Analysis" Wrote:paintsville.
Rated top 25 in the state preseason...

What was your expectation of Paintsville at the start of the year and what are they rated now??
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I have the upmost respect in basketball for the players and BMR. They are young(not BMR) and have a lot to learn. AS far as hate, I hate no one. I just simply set back and laugh at some of the older tiger fans showing their TRUE (back)sides during big games. $M$I'm lovin it $M$:lame:

It must be great to have great athletic sponsors like bubba and leroy.Confusederved:

Now that is funny!!!!:lmao: :Clap: :bounce: :Thumbs:
"hazarddogfan" Wrote:Betsy Lane

BL? They aint even rated. lol
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I have the upmost respect in basketball for the players and BMR. They are young(not BMR) and have a lot to learn. AS far as hate, I hate no one. I just simply set back and laugh at some of the older tiger fans showing their TRUE (back)sides during big games. $M$I'm lovin it $M$:lame:

I can't even follow this post!?!?!:wtf1:
I'm not sure any of the teams are currently overrated. Maybe overhyped by their fans, but not overrated. None of them are expected to make any noise at state. Most of them have a shot at going to state and several of them are having pretty good seasons. Anybody that expected much more out of these teams really didn't judge their programs well.
"chicken wing" Wrote:paintsville or johnson central
After how good paintsville played against sf at the all A i dont think they are at all overated....but i do think jc is.....
"The Guru" Wrote:How is Paintville the most overrated??? They were picked by bunches to win the region. Right now I think they are just behind Belfry. They have the third best overall record in the region, only 1 game in back of Pike Central, whose only quality win outside of the region is over 9-2 Letcher Central. Belfry IMO has to be tops in the Region right now, but my pick for most overrated is Johnson Central, as all we heard was that "Gold Rush" was gonna bring EVERYONE to their knees and the Eagles would breeze.

Agreed.....but i think that behind JC, would be South Floyd. With the way that they talk and play, they could seriously be mistaken for pro wrestlers. That elbow to the face of JD Vanhoose in the finals of the All A was seriously uncalled for. I'm not saying that SF is the only team that has this type of players, because they're everywhere. I'm not bashing SF, just telling the facts.

JC is another story. I think that coach Starns has done great things for Central, but not enough to "roll over" the rest of the district like i see so often on this website.

It all comes down to the district championship. This is where the best show up and the rest fall behind them. IMO, the regular season is a practice compared to the districs.Confusedalute:
"halfstep" Wrote:It just seems that every post that you look at on here about Paintsville every one is bashing them. Everyone forgets that these KIDS are just Sophamores! And Great Kids at that! I know I said Hatin' but I also said Playin', don't read between the lines I was just tryin' to practice my rappin'!:headphone

Think of the pressure on these KIDS right now, how everyone is sayin' they are the #1 team to beat in the Region and they are all only like 15 and 16 yrs old! Just think though. The region gets to rank these KIDS for the next two years also!! WOW!! :omg: They are playin' with a lot of expectations right now, so yes they are starting to struggle alittle, BUT, BMR will, trust me, have them ready come tourney time as he always does! I would rather start touney time with every one think I was over rated and maybe over look me than go in as the top rated an have a target on my back!Wink

That's exacly right...and the sooner that people in the region get that through their heads the better.:Thumbs: