Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Paintsville (NEVER MIND)
Glad the the kids at Paintsville have the opportunity to play on a much deserved senior nite that each player treasures for their basketball career. Bill Mike has been a friend of our coaches and we have had a few good games and are happy to be a part of maybe helping out a little. I've had to refund fans money before and it is not an easy thing to do.
Surprised Valley would do this on a teams senior night!
No surprise to me. It is Valley. Congrats to Tiller.
At least they called this time lol.

Our 6th Grade showed up to Knott County play Dorton at 1, and no call or anything, just didn't show. That was going to be our only game of the day, luckily the staff helped out and got Northern Pulaski to agree to play us again and Johns Creek's 7th grade volunteered to play a shortened game so the day wasn't lost. I do not believe it has anything to do with Dorton's Middle School Coach, does not seem like something he would do, I do not know the 6th grade coach, so not sure if that is out of character or not.

Not a good look in the last week for the programs over that way. Not that PHS isn't without its faults (we have our share lol) but hate to see any program make these kind of mistakes. Very out of character to what I usually think of the program. We may not like them, but the usually have done things in a pretty good way.

Glad teams like Northern Pulaski, Johns Creek, and now South Floyd stepped up to the plates and helped out. If given the opportunity, it would be great to return the favor.
Panther Thunder Wrote:At least they called this time lol.

Our 6th Grade showed up to Knott County play Dorton at 1, and no call or anything, just didn't show. That was going to be our only game of the day, luckily the staff helped out and got Northern Pulaski to agree to play us again and Johns Creek's 7th grade volunteered to play a shortened game so the day wasn't lost. I do not believe it has anything to do with Dorton's Middle School Coach, does not seem like something he would do, I do not know the 6th grade coach, so not sure if that is out of character or not.

Not a good look in the last week for the programs over that way. Not that PHS isn't without its faults (we have our share lol) but hate to see any program make these kind of mistakes. Very out of character to what I usually think of the program. We may not like them, but the usually have done things in a pretty good way.

Glad teams like Northern Pulaski, Johns Creek, and now South Floyd stepped up to the plates and helped out. If given the opportunity, it would be great to return the favor.

First I have heard of this. What day did that take place? My 6th grade coach asked me about taking the 6th and 7th grades over there and I know they went on Saturday and played 4 games each, but he told me they were not playing in the tournament on Sunday. I will find out what went on and let you know.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:First I have heard of this. What day did that take place? My 6th grade coach asked me about taking the 6th and 7th grades over there and I know they went on Saturday and played 4 games each, but he told me they were not playing in the tournament on Sunday. I will find out what went on and let you know.
Sounds good. Maybe it was a tournament official error. Just know the bracket was posted all day Saturday that we would play Dorton at 1 on Sunday and the 7th Grade would play them sometime as well and neither team showed up and we were never notified of any changes by the tourney. But, maybe it was a communication error from inside the tournament. Thanks for checking up on it!
I talked to Coach Brown and he said he informed the tournament directors that he would only be playing on Saturday. He said he had to attend a funeral on Sunday.
Really glad they got South Floyd to play.
please dont blame the sv boys everyone knows we have coach issues.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I talked to Coach Brown and he said he informed the tournament directors that he would only be playing on Saturday. He said he had to attend a funeral on Sunday.
Gotcha, thanks for checking up on it.
Well, I must say I don't agree with the decision by Shelby Valley to cancel the game. Sounds like there was an alternate route to get through, even if it was a 2-lane road. Goodness knows we all travel on 2-lane roads all the time, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

I can understand the frustration on the part of the Paintsville players and fans. I myself don't have any high school age children, but I do have a son in grade school and I know I would have been upset if it happened to his team.

For that matter, I have been on both ends of this kind of situation before, and it doesn't feel good either way. I have been one of the ones sitting in the stands, waiting over an hour for an opponent that both did not show or call ahead to notify us. I have also seen one of our coaches cancel a late-season game for no discernable reason other than not wanting to go, although at least they did call and tell the other school first. Both times I was really aggravated with how things went down.

Personally, I am a strong believer in honoring your commitments. Even if it's a situation where the head coach can't be there, for instance, usually you have assistants that can do the job for a night. I just don't like canceling on people unless there is absolutely NO WAY around it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]