Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley @ Paintsville (NEVER MIND)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shelby Valley starts calling a little after 4 trying to cancel the game. Trying to blame the wreck. Paintsville offers to play only Varsity at 8:00 PM. We told them this was our Senior Night and also Tiller is only 15 pts from 2000.

NOOOOOO, They cancel anyway.

What a LOAD of CRAP and what a display of NO CLASS!

Don't want to hear ANY excuse. We have friends on the road department and we know they were rerouting traffic. JC and Betsy Layne went on as scheduled.

:lame:

Thanks for destroying a special night for a bunch of Seniors!
Do not have all the facts, but sure sounds bad
Where exactly did the accident happen?
Stanville^
Is it not being rescheduled for tomorrow.
^No
OffTheHook Wrote:^No

Being someone who considers Tiller a good friend this is pretty shitty. I was looking forward to seeing him get his 2000th point.
Facts were given. You don't do this to ANY school on their Senior Night! If you schedule it. You play it.

I understand that somethings you can't control. But, there was NO excuse for tonight. Coach just didn't want to make another trip to the 57th.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Being someone who considers Tiller a good friend this is pretty shitty. I was looking forward to seeing him get his 2000th point.

He and Daniels were devastated. This is something you look forward to your entire High School career!
OffTheHook Wrote:He and Daniels were devastated. This is something you look forward to your entire High School career!

Especially for two kids who have seen us through some of the roughest days in our history and have started the path back to greatness. Those two have been through alot for the program and I honestly cant imagine how they feel.
South Floyd may be going to Paintsville on Wednesday for a game.
They probably just didn't want to beat you

:truestory:
TRUBLX3 Wrote:South Floyd may be going to Paintsville on Wednesday for a game.

I hope so
Heard the talk at SF-Pike Central game, believe it boils down to getting a bus approved.
This was a bad deal! If, it was due to the traffic with wreck how did Betsy Layne/Johnson Central play or South Floyd/Pike Co. Central. I can't believe a team would cancel on SENIOR NIGHT!!! How would you feel if Belfry decided to not make the trip on Friday?

Shelby Valley just got beat by Pikeville on Firday. Lost @ Lawrence Co on Mondayby 16, Paintsville on Tuesday. Play Betsy Layne on Thursday and then finish with Belfry on Friday? Sounds to me like they had too many games scheduled at the end and just didn't want to play! Doubt they just didn't want to beat Paintsville, at this point they should have tried to got a win!
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Heard the talk at SF-Pike Central game, believe it boils down to getting a bus approved.

I hope and pray they do. If they do they will be treated GREAT and my hat goes off to them for making an attempt. It's just irked me that a school with the rich history as Shelby Valley would do this.

IMO, they should be dealt a forfeit for this. Cause Paintsville had their team on the floor and fans in the stands. Coach had to address the fans there, give them all refunds and also turn the peewee pompom team away, that was scheduled to perform. :dontthink
I have no dog in the fight with either team. My neighboor works at Pikeville Hospital and got back to Johnson County just fine. Took a detour and said it took 10 more minutes.

Back when SV was winning their fans would be on here and were very arrogant. Now the well has run dry they just run and hide. Any seniors deverve senior night for any school, but the kids at Paintsville had been through alot and deserved their night. This is teaching the SV kids to dodge anything tough.

Sv will have to come out of hiding sooner or later and I would love to see the next time SV plays Paintsville. SV this is a classless, spinless act.
All other traffic took RT 1426 at Harold which comes out at Banner on US 23. Its approximately 8 miles total. Not much difference in the distance between Harold and Banner via US 23. It is a 2 lane road, but i went that way yesterday during 5 o'clock rush and had no problems at all.

No excuse to cancel.
"SV this is a classless, spinless act."
No "spin" to us.....just deal with it.
Paintsville will play South Floyd tonight.
Hats off to SOUTH FLOYD and their administration for making this happen!!!!
Glad to see these boys get their senior night! They sure deserve it. Shame that SV just left them hanging like that.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:"SV this is a classless, spinless act."

Coaches, players and parents of old, would have NEVER acted like this.
Does SV have to pay a cancellation fee?
The KHSAA site shows SV with a forfeit for this game...
JIMLEE58 Wrote:"SV this is a classless, spinless act."

I will correct my spelling. I meant "spineless, it means no backbone.

Do not worry, Paintsville has found another team with backbone to play so you can stay home.
WOW!

Hats Off to South Floyd for make a kids special night come true!!!

South Floyd A Real Class Act!!!!
The King Wrote:The KHSAA site shows SV with a forfeit for this game...

Good they deserve it.
Pretty shady if you ask me
This is the kind of example this coach has taught our kids and I'm ashamed of our school for letting this go on
Pages: 1 2