Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 78 Johnson Central 76
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Tim Parsons deserves a lot credit for his early development of this team.

They weren't playing like this when Dave Miller was here. I agree Tim Parsons laid the foundation, but these boys flat out play for Josh Cook. He has really got these boys to mesh and play as one unit and IMO that's a hard thing to do when a team has so many talented players like LC. :Thumbs:
MonsterMan Wrote:I do not post here very much but had a few comments for the game.

1) Shane Hall is too much a talent to be risked in these local games until he is 100%. If the refs are going to let every local hack take their cheap shot at him, he does not need to play. Save him for later in the year.

2) LC has always been a contraversial place to play in any sport. But great teams put on their big boy pants and play through contraversy. JC is going to have to learn this.

3) LC is a much improved team and these young guys play hard. But the play from both teams last night will not get you to Rupp. It probably will not get you out of the district.

4) JC will have to learn how to play in tough situations and produce. They have the talent to win the region, but they have to start showing it on the court. They have had several poor perforamances on the road in tough places. They have to solve this issue before the disctict and region.
1)Talent is useless if not used. As Adolph Rupp said "dancing is a contact sport, basketball is rough". Maybe this player could work to improve his game so as not to be in these situations.2)Home field is an advantage for several reasons but fan support in this game was about equal. I'm sure Eagle fans are just as fanatic at home.3)Don't be to disheartened. It is looking like JC might have a shot at being runner up in the district and making it to regional.4)All the talent does no good without execution of the game plan as a TEAM and not commiting mistakes. This usually rests on the coaches shoulders.
Great post!
Congrats Lc
dawgbyte02 Wrote:1)Talent is useless if not used. As Adolph Rupp said "dancing is a contact sport, basketball is rough". Maybe this player could work to improve his game so as not to be in these situations.2)Home field is an advantage for several reasons but fan support in this game was about equal. I'm sure Eagle fans are just as fanatic at home.3)Don't be to disheartened. It is looking like JC might have a shot at being runner up in the district and making it to regional.4)All the talent does no good without execution of the game plan as a TEAM and not commiting mistakes. This usually rests on the coaches shoulders.

lol....Ah, some Lawrence Co. fans. They'll never change in a million years. Can't handle failure, and just cant figure out how to handle success either, and to be honest, it's what makes them just so darn fun. It's gotta be in the water down there.....lol...... But then again, we have our Monster Man too, so I guess we're even in this one. Just give credit where credit is due, MM, and let it go. You've always got a boatload of excuses for everything. The scoreboard told the story.

By the way, congrats to LC, looks like they are playing very well right now.
It's a pleasure to see kids who play hard gain success on the court
Thanks on behalf of the LC team. They are playing well right now. They are young so you never know what you may get from night to night. They are learning.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:It's a pleasure to see kids who play hard gain success on the court

That is true, where ever it is they may happen to come from.
That goes with any school right?
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....Ah, some Lawrence Co. fans. They'll never change in a million years. Can't handle failure, and just cant figure out how to handle success either, and to be honest, it's what makes them just so darn fun. It's gotta be in the water down there.....lol...... But then again, we have our Monster Man too, so I guess we're even in this one. Just give credit where credit is due, MM, and let it go. You've always got a boatload of excuses for everything. The scoreboard told the story.

By the way, congrats to LC, looks like they are playing very well right now.

I apprieciate your thoughts, I do not post here often like most everyone. I am a solid JC fan and my comments are fact, not excuses.

I do get upset when I see games poorly officated. But I do agree with two key commments on this post. LC young team is playing above expectations and is well coached. JC is playing below expectations and will need to improve or they will have a quick exit out of the district.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:That goes with any school right?

Sure does......I was thinking that that was what I was implying with my "congrats" and "playing very well right now" comments.

Love hard emotional play from anyone, dont care who it is....as long as attitudes are left out of the equation.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:Thanks on behalf of the LC team. They are playing well right now. They are young so you never know what you may get from night to night. They are learning.

True, but Johnson Central is as well. Nobody seems to forget that. There is not a senior on the entire team. Without Hall, they are, for the most part sophomores. Really, LC is really not much younger than JC right now. With Paintsville, Lawrence, and JC all young, the district will be interesting for the next few years. However, Paintsville will take a major hit this year with Tiller and Daniels graduating. I'm not sure about SC's age level, but they could be included as well in that category.
I thought JC would win this game big.
Sc is really young also. This whole district is full of youngsters.
As Dick Vitale would say " a bunch of diaper dandies" lol
This district is going to be fun to watch for the next 3 years.
Refs put Shane in foul trouble on 2 terrible calls. On Hall's missed dunk, the guy went right under Shane and caused him to fall, if that's a foul on Shane then I just don't know.

Not to mention LC got 2 points added to them before half time to a MISSED SHOT and somehow counted it anyway.

Can we switch referees with another region?
Video evidence would be awesome if anyone has it.
The ref's are pretty sad. The two points before the half is nothing I have ever seen before in my life. The kid missed the shot and was about to shoot free throws then the ref's blew the whistle and gave LC two points. I think everyone was in shock not just JC fans. As for the call against Hall it looked like from my point of view that the LC had position and Hall jumped over top his back. I'm not saying your wrong or right, but that was mine and my partner's point of view.
UKwildcats27 Wrote:Refs put Shane in foul trouble on 2 terrible calls. On Hall's missed dunk, the guy went right under Shane and caused him to fall, if that's a foul on Shane then I just don't know.

Not to mention LC got 2 points added to them before half time to a MISSED SHOT and somehow counted it anyway.

Can we switch referees with another region?

This is what I have been trying to get people to see in the thread. Your best player, a D-1 propspect, gets two quick fouls and leaves injured and the other team gets two free points and this does give your gym the title contraversial?

JC should be good enough to play through this nonsince and win anyway.
"This is what I have been trying to get people to see in the thread. Your best player, a D-1 propspect, gets two quick fouls and leaves injured and the other team gets two free points and this does give your gym the title contraversial?

JC should be good enough to play through this nonsince and win anyway."

Losing your best player early to two quick fouls and then for the game with an injury, having the refs give the opposing team two unearned points on their floor, and the other team shooting "lights out" is not nonsence. I think Johnson Central, by losing by those two free points, did not fold, did play tough, and also being a young team, proved they play with guts
MonsterMan Wrote:This is what I have been trying to get people to see in the thread. Your best player, a D-1 propspect, gets two quick fouls and leaves injured and the other team gets two free points and this does give your gym the title contraversial?

JC should be good enough to play through this nonsince and win anyway.
Why is our gym controversial? The REF who made the call (Wendell) grew up and graduated from JC. Blame him not the gym.:lame: