Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 78 Johnson Central 76
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Someone keep us posted. I hated to see Shane go down. I enjoy watching him.
I'm impressed with this Lawrence county team and coach. This regional tournament is going to be interesting and JC isn't going to walk right through it like we all thought.
LC played lights out. Freshman Brandon Richardson had 23 points and 7 rebounds. He was one of four Dawgs in double figures.
Nice win LC. Impressive.

What happen to Shane?
LC has 7 or 8 players that can score.
This young bunch is hungry, they want 2 win know not next year.
These 9 grade boys, have been winners at every thing that they have done.
Get ready 15 region, the next 4 years is going to be great to be a BULLDOG.
Big win tonight guys keep it going.
Very nice win for LC!
MVP2 Wrote:Nice win LC. Impressive.

What happen to Shane?

Looked like he re-injured the ankle. He went down 2 times in 1st half and went down in a heap in 3rd qtr.
Shane is a competitor. Love his passion for the game but he needs to rest up. No point in hurting it worse.
Impressive win by LC.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Shane is a competitor. Love his passion for the game but he needs to rest up. No point in hurting it worse.

He should have never seen the floor after he hurt it the first time. The earliest he should have seen the floor was in Lexington. It isn't gonna heal if he keeps playing on it. If I were his dad I would have stepped in a long time ago.

Nice win Dawgs.
OffTheHook Wrote:He should have never seen the floor after he hurt it the first time. The earliest he should have seen the floor was in Lexington. It isn't gonna heal if he keeps playing on it. If I were his dad I would have stepped in a long time ago.

Nice win Dawgs.

Oh Mr. Hall has no problem stepping in on things. In fact he stepped right on the court in the middle of the game to confront the ref following a questionable call. Granted the refs were terrible but that was one of the most blatantly disrespectful things I've ever seen from a fan. Worst part was, the ref didn't even have the gall to have the guy removed, instead opting for a make up call at the other end to soothe the JC faithful.

JC has a great team and a terrific player in Shane, I hated seeing him go down again with this injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

This was a fantastic win for these Dawgs. They fought and clawed all the way to the final buzzer. Proud of these guys. The 57th and 15th are gonna be a battle all the way to the end.
LC is playing great "team ball" right now!! They keep it up and good things will keep happening. Congrats on a big win.
I totall agree he should have. I think JC showed they can compete with him off the floor, but everytime he was out there he was taking a risk. He was nearly the same player as I seen last year. Loved his hustle but it may have just made it worse.
OffTheHook Wrote:He should have never seen the floor after he hurt it the first time. The earliest he should have seen the floor was in Lexington. It isn't gonna heal if he keeps playing on it. If I were his dad I would have stepped in a long time ago.

Nice win Dawgs.

I don't know how bad he was hurt before the game but I agree. He needs to let it heal. He has a bright future ahead of him. Good luck to him with a speedy and complete recovery.

Nice win Dawgs.

If he don't stay off it for a while this will haunt him all season. These high ankle sprains require time. Will only get weaker. Peace be a among us. Brother Cecil.
I do not post here very much but had a few comments for the game.

1) Shane Hall is too much a talent to be risked in these local games until he is 100%. If the refs are going to let every local hack take their cheap shot at him, he does not need to play. Save him for later in the year.

2) LC has always been a contraversial place to play in any sport. But great teams put on their big boy pants and play through contraversy. JC is going to have to learn this.

3) LC is a much improved team and these young guys play hard. But the play from both teams last night will not get you to Rupp. It probably will not get you out of the district.

4) JC will have to learn how to play in tough situations and produce. They have the talent to win the region, but they have to start showing it on the court. They have had several poor perforamances on the road in tough places. They have to solve this issue before the disctict and region.
Lets talk about contraversial place to play.Monsterman you do not know what you are talking about, don't take away a good win ,away from a good bunch of YOUNG kids.These guys are playing their hearts out and are learning to win.The refs call it like they see it and it is not a contraversial place to play.NO WORSE THAN ANY OTHER GYM IN THE 15TH REGION.They need to get better officiating PERIOD.You juct don't like LC. Go DAWGS
Congrats Coach Josh Cook....
The officitaing in the 15th region has been horrible this year. Anybody who has watched a game in person has seen that, they are not consistent and really ruin some good games. But to say they changed the outcome of the game last night is going overboard I think. LC just out played Johnson Central. Shane Hall tried to dunk a missed shot on the rebound and yet Jc fans wanted a foul on LC because he fell to the floor. He went over the back and that was the correct call.
Braxton Blair for JC is really impressive. He doesn't get rattled, and made some huge shots. He had 24 points in the second half, I really like his game.
Like I said, I do not post here often, but the officating did favor LC last night. I am a JC fan so maybe I am biased. Shane got mugged on that missed dunk. He should have not been been playing in these circumstances.

I get it, these young LC players are playing over their head and the coach is doing an outstanding job. What I am saying is JC should be much better, even without Shane. They have to learn to play through these"tough" situations.

I still stand beside my comments that LC is a tough place to win.
Shane got mugged??? He jump over the kids back so that was the call. Did he hit the floor? Yes he did, but I agree jc has to learn to play without depending on him so much
It was a great effort by both teams. They're both loaded with young talent. This rivalry is going to be fun to watch the next few years. As for the officiating it was bad both ways, but I do recall JC was in the double bonus before LC. I think it was around the 4 minute mark in the fourth. Very impressed with LC they rattled this JC bunch.
This bunch has really worked hard and it shows!!
Officiating needs to improve. End of story
Saints52 Wrote:I'm impressed with this Lawrence county team and coach. This regional tournament is going to be interesting and JC isn't going to walk right through it like we all thought.
Tim Parsons deserves a lot credit for his early development of this team.
You got that right. Tim Parsons is the man.
Agreed. Tim Parsons started what we're seeing on the LC court now.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:The officitaing in the 15th region has been horrible this year. Anybody who has watched a game in person has seen that, they are not consistent and really ruin some good games. But to say they changed the outcome of the game last night is going overboard I think. LC just out played Johnson Central. Shane Hall tried to dunk a missed shot on the rebound and yet Jc fans wanted a foul on LC because he fell to the floor. He went over the back and that was the correct call.
Here are some things I have noticed over the years about officials as a player, coach, fan and parent of all sports:
1.Any call an official makes is wrong to half the crowd.
2.The bleacher officials, that know more, will not get certified and actually work a game.
3.It is harder to recruit and train young officials because of low pay, travel expenses, fan harassment (a father going on the court to consult with the refs).
4.Well coached teams and smart players adapt to the officials.
5.Very seldom does an officials call determine the outcome of any game. Lack of execution, turnovers, errors, poor conditioning, lack of game plan,etc are usually the culprits.
6.As with just about any occupation there are some that are better than others because of experience, ability and work ethic.
7.I do not know of a single official that would intentionly make a bad call to determine the outcome of a game. They are, in most cases, a fan of the sport, working the game after work and doing it basically for free, all because they are doing their part to contribute to the postive development of the youth involved.
Pages: 1 2