Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall - Johnson Central
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Marshall did have some good teams and players - Hal Greer, Charlie Slack, Walt Walowac, Russell Lee, John Taft, Skip Henderson, the D'Antoni brothers, etc. Proud to be a part of the Marshall family!!

Who was the little guard that played there in the 80s I think, they had great handles? "Greg" something I believe.
McCameraMan Wrote:He's legit whether some of you think it or not. Now I will say I didn't think he was at all his freshmen year. Mostly because he didn't get a chance to show what he had other than some dunks in warm-ups. But I didn't see many JC games that year so I may be wrong on that. But this season I've seen several times that he is legit.

On another note.... I wish I had his hops lol. He can jump out of the gym and he's 6'8. That is scary.

I thought the same thing. He has improved tremendously and will be a good D1 player.
^ He has definitely improved a ton. He's a game changer without a doubt.
HD28 Wrote:Who was the little guard that played there in the 80s I think, they had great handles? "Greg" something I believe.

Not sure who you are talking about. Let me do some research and I'll try to get back to you.
Does Greg White sound correct?
No, Greg White played for Marshall in the 70's. I sadly cannot remember his coach at that time, but his coach spoke at one of my atletic banquets from back in the day, seemed like a really nice man.
HD28 Wrote:Does Greg White sound correct?

Coach White played in the late 70s/early 80s and yes he had amazing ball-handling skills! When he spoke to campers he used to spin the ball on a pointed cup, a razor, and his head. He used to do all kinds of other things and tricks as well. A great recruiter as well, probably the main reason I ended up at Marshall was his recruiting pitch!!
Stu Aberdeen coached Greg White at Marshall for 2 years...77' - 79'.
How many D-1 athletes in this thread from the past 15-20 years?

1 for sure in Coach VanHoose.

Now name me another legit D-1 athlete from the 13-16th region, I mean guys who played all 4 years at a D-1 school at a high level.

No one on this thread or on Johnson Centrals coaching staff has a clue other than Coach VanHoose.

Time will be the judge.
Dont really understand your question. Are you asking if there is anyone posting on here that played D1?
This kid sounds like a nice player. I have only seen his highlights on YouTube but from what I see he will play at the college level but IMO not d-1. Matt Day and Jaysean Paige are two of the best basketball players from the mountains I've seen in a long time and neither played at the d-1 level. However I could be wrong I think hall is ranked nationally in the class of 2014 so I could be proved wrong. I hope I can be proved wrong a d-1 prospect from the mountains is great no matter what college.
region Wrote:How many D-1 athletes in this thread from the past 15-20 years?

1 for sure in Coach VanHoose.

Now name me another legit D-1 athlete from the 13-16th region, I mean guys who played all 4 years at a D-1 school at a high level.

No one on this thread or on Johnson Centrals coaching staff has a clue other than Coach VanHoose.

Time will be the judge.

Not sure, but did you mean athletes from those regions that played D-1 for four years? From the 16th Region I can recalll Marty Thomas and Kyle Umberger from Blazer off hand played basketball at EKU and Morehead respectivley. I am sure there were others in basketball and other sports but those are the first two that I thought of immediatley.
@The Fan Favorite - You can't judge a player by his youtube videos, I don't think there's been on recently, actually go watch him before making assumptions. Hall is impressive and fun to watch. I listened to JC on the radio last night, Hall put up a triple double - 29 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 blocks. I wish I could've went. Too bad they lost though. If you didn't know, Tennessee offered him and they're a major D1 in the SEC!
Guys, just let this kid enjoy this time right now. Nothing will be as stressful as what he will be going through the next two years. The recruiting process is like nothing I've ever experienced before. Coaches know your life almost as good as you do and every move you make is scrutinized. It can really take the fun out of the game if you're not careful. Let's just be mindful if that and let him enjoy the game, because that's all it is at the end of the day, a game!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Guys, just let this kid enjoy this time right now. Nothing will be as stressful as what he will be going through the next two years. The recruiting process is like nothing I've ever experienced before. Coaches know your life almost as good as you do and every move you make is scrutinized. It can really take the fun out of the game if you're not careful. Let's just be mindful if that and let him enjoy the game, because that's all it is at the end of the day, a game!

It takes one who has either gone through the recruiting process and played at the next level, or to be a parent of one, and watch what they have gone through to understand what you are saying. I saw what mine went through and I can only shudder to imagine what you went through.

Very good post.
Bob Seger Wrote:It takes one who has either gone through the recruiting process and played at the next level, or to be a parent of one, and watch what they have gone through to understand what you are saying. I saw what mine went through and I can only shudder to imagine what you went through.

Very good post.

You have no idea how wild, pressure packed and enjoyable it was. I was so glad I got to go through it and meet the people I did, but I'm not so sure I'd do it again!! Very happy when it was over!!
@UKwildcats27 your absolutely right one cannot judge by YouTube vids but I'm just expressing my opinion I'm not bashing on him. I simply said that I did not think he would play at the d-1 level. Notice I said would because I think he can play at the d-1 level but I think he will decide otherwise. He puts me in mind of Jon Hood. Can shoot the ball well, dunk the piss out of it anyway he wants, and he hustles. Sorry if I offended you it was never intended.