Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shane Hall - Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This kid is the real deal ,he hits the weights and Tennessee gets another nice ky.player.No I am not from JC or the 15th region.
Gonna need more than just weights, maybe some HGH to go along with a good weight lifting program. But if the kid dont lift by now, probably wont.
I don't know he is SEC material yet,but he has another year to work on his skills.Needs to really improve jump shot.
Great basketball player needs to improve in some areas like jump shot and needs to gain muscle. College is a whole new level compared to highschool but I think he will do fine wherever he decides to go.
With some thickness to his height, this kid would be frightening. I could watch him pre-game dunk for days and never get bored.
^ my thoughts exactly man. It's amazing to watch.
Seen him play over the weekend at Round Ball Classic at Boyd County Middle School. He is the real thing. Any D1 would be crazy not take a chance with this kid unless his grades are poor, which I doubt is the case. He has all the tools to be a really good division one type player. His knowledge of how the game should be played was impressive as well as his athletic ability and basketball skills.

Great time at the tournament! Went with some great friends. Seen some people I used to know hobbling around....Karma is not a good thing. If you missed the Round Ball Classic this year you better find a way to go to it next December. Well worth it.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Seen him play over the weekend at Round Ball Classic at Boyd County Middle School. He is the real thing. Any D1 would be crazy not take a chance with this kid unless his grades are poor, which I doubt is the case. He has all the tools to be a really good division one type player. His knowledge of how the game should be played was impressive as well as his athletic ability and basketball skills.

Great time at the tournament! Went with some great friends. Seen some people I used to know hobbling around....Karma is not a good thing. If you missed the Round Ball Classic this year you better find a way to go to it next December. Well worth it.

Yeah, Hall did look good, and with continued practice and work he may well turn out to be a nice pick up for someone, great to see someone fairly local getting looks from some big time programs.
Surprised that you made that comment about "karma" being the root cause of someone's health problems, you being alledgedly religious and all. But then again I guess since that religion thing didn't work out the way you wanted it to then I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I will pray for that person you make fun of, and you while I am at it.
Let me see if I understand all of this jibberish. On another thread you claim that I do not know you but now you act like I do know you. You claim I don't work when in fact I do and have the W-2's as proof. You seek the death penalty from the KHSAA on Fairview which has been proven innocent in a court of law, and you constantly refer to me on here as a woman's private part by calling me Clit and Clitty....Yeah I can see where I need you to pray for me.

There are many things I believe in that is not in the Bible such as:
The Law of Vibration, The Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy, The Law of Rhythm, The Law of Polarity, The Law of Cause and Effect, The Law of Gender, The Law of Gravity and yes Karma. Didn't say all health problems were due to the Law of Karma. I never mentioned you in my last post and you start that motor mouth of yours again and again. If you want to converse with me then take it to a private message don't be a coward and openly and publicly try to discredit me like you have done so many kids on here over the years.

Back to Shane Hall. Tennessee has already offered him and the head coach was there Saturday to offer again. Sky is the limit for this young man. Wouldn't be too concerned with him and the added weight...he is only a junior and by his Sophomore year in college he will fill out through maturation and college workouts. If he develops a consistent 20 foot jumper he will play almost anywhere he wants to go. He is deceptively quick as well.
I have watched Shane Hall on numerous occasions and from what I see, he would be a project at the D-1 level---He definately has the Major D-1 body and athletic skills, but seems very limited in ballhandling and shooting
Well lets see everbody here is bashing this kid and don't think he can play at the next level.I have to disagree,but having said that he better go to Alice Lloyd or Pikeville because he is not SEC MATERIAL.If i remember right a young man by the name of Elisha Justice played for Shelby Valley.The best 15th region player in YEARS to come out of the mountains and could not make it at Louisville unless you like watching the game from the bench.For instance ,remember JR VANHOOSE, way better player than Hall and he had to go to Marshall which at the time was DII.So if this young man wants to see playing time and not practice time he better think real hard before he makes a decision.And by the way a lot of highschool kids look good dunking in warm ups,bigdiffrence when you have an SEC caliber player in you're face guarding you.Just my opinion.
LCFAN12 Wrote:Well lets see everbody here is bashing this kid and don't think he can play at the next level.I have to disagree,but having said that he better go to Alice Lloyd or Pikeville because he is not SEC MATERIAL.If i remember right a young man by the name of Elisha Justice played for Shelby Valley.The best 15th region player in YEARS to come out of the mountains and could not make it at Louisville unless you like watching the game from the bench.For instance ,remember JR VANHOOSE, way better player than Hall and he had to go to Marshall which at the time was DII.So if this young man wants to see playing time and not practice time he better think real hard before he makes a decision.And by the way a lot of highschool kids look good dunking in warm ups,bigdiffrence when you have an SEC caliber player in you're face guarding you.Just my opinion.

Marshall was and has been D1 for sometime now in basketball.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Let me see if I understand all of this jibberish. On another thread you claim that I do not know you but now you act like I do know you. You claim I don't work when in fact I do and have the W-2's as proof. You seek the death penalty from the KHSAA on Fairview which has been proven innocent in a court of law, and you constantly refer to me on here as a woman's private part by calling me Clit and Clitty....Yeah I can see where I need you to pray for me.

There are many things I believe in that is not in the Bible such as:
The Law of Vibration, The Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy, The Law of Rhythm, The Law of Polarity, The Law of Cause and Effect, The Law of Gender, The Law of Gravity and yes Karma. Didn't say all health problems were due to the Law of Karma. I never mentioned you in my last post and you start that motor mouth of yours again and again. If you want to converse with me then take it to a private message don't be a coward and openly and publicly try to discredit me like you have done so many kids on here over the years.

Back to Shane Hall. Tennessee has already offered him and the head coach was there Saturday to offer again. Sky is the limit for this young man. Wouldn't be too concerned with him and the added weight...he is only a junior and by his Sophomore year in college he will fill out through maturation and college workouts. If he develops a consistent 20 foot jumper he will play almost anywhere he wants to go. He is deceptively quick as well.

I never said that you know me, but you continually act like you do. But I will continue to pray for you, I spoke to someone today that knows you well that said you needed it badly.
i have still yet to watch him play. anyone got vids maybe of him dunking?
Mods and Administration. I admit my guilt with some not so friendly banter on the football forums, however as recently stated in this thread I have asked Patch to take his/her problems with me to private messaging. I am asking you to please inform him.
Thanks
Clint Westwood
Tailback44 Wrote:i have still yet to watch him play. anyone got vids maybe of him dunking?

I am sure there are videos out there of him...try youtube.com
Clint Westwood Wrote:Mods and Administration. I admit my guilt with some not so friendly banter on the football forums, however as recently stated in this thread I have asked Patch to take his/her problems with me to private messaging. I am asking you to please inform him.
Thanks
Clint Westwood

You constantly bring up my name on here and then whine about me responding. Wow, but expected.
LCFAN12 Wrote:Well lets see everbody here is bashing this kid and don't think he can play at the next level.I have to disagree,but having said that he better go to Alice Lloyd or Pikeville because he is not SEC MATERIAL.If i remember right a young man by the name of Elisha Justice played for Shelby Valley.The best 15th region player in YEARS to come out of the mountains and could not make it at Louisville unless you like watching the game from the bench.For instance ,remember JR VANHOOSE, way better player than Hall and he had to go to Marshall which at the time was DII.So if this young man wants to see playing time and not practice time he better think real hard before he makes a decision.And by the way a lot of highschool kids look good dunking in warm ups,bigdiffrence when you have an SEC caliber player in you're face guarding you.Just my opinion.

That's an invalid comparison. Elisha was going up against guards that were 5+ inches taller. Shane won't have to worry about size.

And what do you know about SEC caliber? I've watched plenty of SEC games this year, and seen players out there that Shane could do better than NOW. lol smh..
vundy33 Wrote:That's an invalid comparison. Elisha was going up against guards that were 5+ inches taller. Shane won't have to worry about size.

And what do you know about SEC caliber? I've watched plenty of SEC games this year, and seen players out there that Shane could do better than NOW. lol smh..

Agree with you! He can play.
vundy33 Wrote:That's an invalid comparison. Elisha was going up against guards that were 5+ inches taller. Shane won't have to worry about size.

Good comments. And people need to keep in mind that he still has another year of high school ball too. From all I have seen he has a good attitude and is not satisfied with his game and will continue to work on it. Different kind of player than J.R. Vanhoose but if he continues to develop he could very well have the kind of college success that Vanhoose had at Marshall.

I didn't HAVE to go to Marshall, it's the place I felt most comfortable with. Also it was D1 at the time and had been for a while!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I didn't HAVE to go to Marshall, it's the place I felt most comfortable with. Also it was D1 at the time and had been for a while!

I had to point out to them that Marshall had been D1 in basketball for sometime as well. Those Marshall teams were fun to watch too.
Patch Wrote:I had to point out to them that Marshall had been D1 in basketball for sometime as well. Those Marshall teams were fun to watch too.

Marshall did have some good teams and players - Hal Greer, Charlie Slack, Walt Walowac, Russell Lee, John Taft, Skip Henderson, the D'Antoni brothers, etc. Proud to be a part of the Marshall family!!
Yes sir, too many people locally are not aware of the excellent players and coaches that have come through Huntington. I know you and Slay were a nice pair at Marshall then, tough matchup for many opponents back then.

:redboxer:
Is there any sort of feel for where Hall wants to go to college? Butler has offered him, so I've been tracking him and he definitely seems impressive. Hopefully a move to the "Big East" can help land someone like him.
Hall is a GREAT player! Definitely can play in the SEC, anyone who says otherwise is just silly! Obviously Tennessee thinks he can play because they've offered a scholarship, anyone here know more than Cuonzo Martin on these boards? Nope. Look at Anthony Davis, he is skinny and doesn't look to strong and he was a top draft pick! Hall has a good shot, he can even hit a 3. He's been dominating lately and playin through a sprained ankle. Hall has improved so much since last year.

Quit hating on Hall, he is a great player and will go very far! I think Hall will get more offers!
He's legit whether some of you think it or not. Now I will say I didn't think he was at all his freshmen year. Mostly because he didn't get a chance to show what he had other than some dunks in warm-ups. But I didn't see many JC games that year so I may be wrong on that. But this season I've seen several times that he is legit.

On another note.... I wish I had his hops lol. He can jump out of the gym and he's 6'8. That is scary.

Did he really just type this? :poker face:
^ my thoughts exactly.. Smh
I got to see Hall play in the Boyd Co Classic. Was impressed with his willingness to go stright to the basket. Another player I was impressed with on the JC team is Gullett. He is going to be a good player.
Pages: 1 2