Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 30, Caldwell County 26 (2A State Championship)
toussaints Wrote:Caldwell's QB is a playmaker, loved watching him play

When that kid fills out he will look like Big Ben.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Then you obviously have no eye for talent. There were a few division 1 talented players on this field today. The QB for Caldwell will certainly be playing on Saturdays.

Glad to see you are finally recognizing that schools in WKY, DO have talent.

You said all people not from "NKY" don't have a clue about KY HS football...well your beloved NCC team found out maybe they do? How about that Murray D that you claimed to be pathetic? They held Caldwell to 10 points in their previous meeting, your NCC team gave up 26. Give some credit, where it's due. It's fun to be spirited and go back and forth with people but to say anyone outside of NKY have no clue on football is pretty classless.
BearDown Wrote:Glad to see you are finally recognizing that schools in WKY, DO have talent.

You said all people not from "NKY" don't have a clue about KY HS football...well your beloved NCC team found out maybe they do? How about that Murray D that you claimed to be pathetic? They held Caldwell to 10 points in their previous meeting, your NCC team gave up 26. Give some credit, where it's due. It's fun to be spirited and go back and forth with people but to say anyone outside of NKY have no clue on football is pretty classless.
Some of that talent is on the NCC team also. Every once in awhile a school such as Caldwell has a good class, lets see after this QB leaves if they can keep it up. NCC has been in quite a a few final games, winning 5. Now, don't compare Murray's D to NCCs, there r other factors that play a role in the games. If this game is played on a Friday night in 30 degree weather, maybe NCC shuts the tigers out. If two of their better defensive players weren't hurt, who knows. If mason Meyers doesn't break his ankle against beechwood, who knows. I'm not gonna take anything away from the tigers, they played a great game. FYI, if Murray could throw the ball at all, they beat them....just saying. NCC beats Murray 56-7.
I don't want to take away from the way Caldwell played it was great, but the truth is the NCC team was the walking wounded going into this game. If NCC was at 100% this I think wouldn't have been as close. NCC'S RB # 44 had a shoulder injury, # 5 Callopy had a shoulder injury, # 73 shoulder and ankle injury, # 54 ankle injury & no minuscus, all might need surgery now. Mason Meyers could hardly run in practice the week before coming back from a broken ankle 4 weeks earlier at 100% he would have been the fastest kid on the field and thats saying something because caldwell had speed out there. They wasn't going to make excuses, but this game could've been totally different if they were 100%.
Finally Caldwell should be proud of the game they played they came to win and not only had the lead but was a play or two away from winning it.
I thought Newport played a terrible game, compared to the game they played over at the Briar Patch in Semi State. Want to give this New Cath team a lot of credit on a much deserving state title. Great group of kids, with some strong athletes. Big time fan of the nice wide out. Kid has a bright future.
You guys are just so high and mighty with your NKY football. I also love to hear excuses, just like when someone says "if NCC hadn't turned the ball over..." Maybe Caldwell played good Defense on those plays? Excuses are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink. NCC played a good game, and mostly out-coached the Tigers. Also, pretty sure the Tigers put up a ton of points the week before in 30 degree weather. Not sure you can use that as a factor? Just saying, you guys are quick to discount anything that isn't from your district, region or geographic location. Pretty sure talent doesn't discriminate boundaries.
BearDown Wrote:You guys are just so high and mighty with your NKY football. I also love to hear excuses, just like when someone says "if NCC hadn't turned the ball over..." Maybe Caldwell played good Defense on those plays? Excuses are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink. NCC played a good game, and mostly out-coached the Tigers. Also, pretty sure the Tigers put up a ton of points the week before in 30 degree weather. Not sure you can use that as a factor? Just saying, you guys are quick to discount anything that isn't from your district, region or geographic location. Pretty sure talent doesn't discriminate boundaries.
Agreed, talent doesn't know boundaries. So what's the difference, coaching? 3 of the state final teams are from the same area, all within 15 miles of each other, hell highlands and NCC are a very close distance. Caldwell was definitely more talented than NCC, so was somerset. But NCC is a better coached team, especially more than somerset was. I thought Caldwell was pretty well coached, their problem boils down to youth. If this QB (caldwell) doesn't win at least one state title then ill blame it on coaching. It's different when your the best school within 30 miles like most of the schools outside of NKY, Lexington and Louisville. You don't play anyone during the year. You find Someone that played a tougher schedule than NCC based on classes. Campbell county, Dixie and Simon Kenton 6A, cooper 5A, Holmes 4A and mcnicholas an Ohio playoff team. Enough said.....
Mayfield 1a. We played #3 in 5a in Warren Central. We played #7 in 5a in Graves County. We played 2a state runners up in Caldwell Co. We played 1a probably #2 team Beechwood. We played top 11 or 12 in 4a in Madisonville N-H. We played 6a Marshall Co who ended at 5-6. We played #3 in 1a Fairview. We played #5 or 6 in 1a in Ky Country Day. We played a top 10 in 1a Russellville. We played top ten team in 3a in Paducah Tilghman. Yeah we may have to drive a little further to play our games over here in WKy but there are a lot of talented and tradition rich teams. I don't know how many state championships Fort Campbell has. I dont know how many Hopkinsville has. I know Christian County has had a lot of success. Puducah Tilghman has I think 4 state championships. Lone Oak has played in 3 state championship games. Caldwell is 2-1 in state championship games. We have won 9 state titles. Believe it or not there is football being played across the state. The difference there is the fact you have more people in a smaller area, that gives your more teams and more chances. I don't know of a region in the state that cannot find teams that are successful, no one region holds all the cards.
This is obviously a peeing contest with NKY. I did mention NCC out-coached Caldwell during the game. Is that the overall difference for WKY vs NKY vs CKY vs EKY? No, not necessarily. The point I was trying to make is, on these boards, a majority of NKY folks are just too cocky. You should recognize people outside of your area. I played college sports and had a player from your area on my team. He was cocky, but definitely not a better player than I was.
Not going to say it's right, but consistent winning will breed "cockiness". Caldwell Co and Somerset IMO were the 2 best teams NewCath played all year.