•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
gobigredMHS Wrote:I have seen this page on ihigh on raceland but there isn't a raceland vs fair view game on there unless I am blind.
It isn't. I was baiting son55. The highlights video is on maxpreps.
Ramcat77 Wrote:The Fairview team that Raceland played in October does not compare to the one that played last night. The Fairview team I watched last night, would have put 60+ up against Raceland's defense.

These are some of the same comments that were made prior to the Hazard/Mayfield game last year and we know how that one ended.

Unlike some other Raceland fans, I have put jealousy and hatred for Fairview to the side. I am pulling for the Eagles to win this one.

I too am pulling for Fairview. They finally made a believer out of me. But, it wasnt hazards defense that lost the game. It was their offense. They didnt have enough speed to hang with Fairview. Had they been able to score on a few drives, its a different ball game. Their defense was just out there too long. Mayfield has the speed to get past Fairviews secondary. Fairview will be able to move the ball and score points, but Mayfield will be able to match them. Jackson will be contained, but 28 td passes to 1 int tells me that the qb on and recievers from Mayfield have great timing and consistancy. Thats why i believe they will win the game. But much like 05/06 when Russell made it to Louisville i will be supporting the local school, whom I have despised for so long. Nice to see to PUBLIC city schools in the championship, seems like year in and out its a Nortern ky squad or mountain team represent atleast one side of the bracket. Go Eagles! Prove me wrong.
Okay just caught a half of the Fairview H game and I just do not see alot that worries me out of their WingT. We will not have an issue with their speed and are well versed on the Wing T as both much higher ranked Warren Central and Graves County ran it. On offense, our balance will produce some points with us being fairly healthy unlike last year.
I will say this though, while they have no one of Jonathan Jackson caliber on their team, they do have a couple of speedsters and a couple of heavies that can play
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Lets keep the courts out of this and just talk about both teams. Mayfield doesn't care about all that other stuff.

:Thumbs: I agree, if we beat'em I want to do so with everything on the field they have and if we can't then we don't deserve to win
Memo Luna Wrote:The players were declared eligible by the Boyd Circuit Court. Fairview is located in Boyd County. Does anyone really believe that a home county judge would rule against a home county school?

The question will be if KHSAA appeals the decision to a higher court. The result may well be different when the case reaches a more "neutral court".
I would think that KHSAA must appeal or lose credibility. If KHSAA wins on appeal, the rules say that Fairview will be responsible for all costs incurred by KHSAA in this matter.

It could get interesting but that will be up to KHSAA. Either they will protect their territory or look weak.

I will root for Fairview on the field but I still believe in a final decision off the field.
When said home Jude was a Ashland alumni I believe yeah he would rule against them I he could. Alot of bad blood an accusations between supporters of the two. Fairview and Ashland love to hate each other.
Ok, I got to ask, what does "Believe in the wood" mean to fairview fans? I keep seeing that but have no idea what that means.
Alright, I know MayfieldCardinal is waiting for this. I have done some more research on these two teams. I wish that I could lay these schedules out side by side so you could more easily compare. I tried that with something similar last week and it jumbled it.

Mayfield #12

@ Warren Central #8 28-42 WC avg score per game was 39-14
Madisonville N-H #76 63-21 avg score per game 29-22
Paducah Tilghman #52 42-21 avg score per game 34-17
Murray #58 38-14 avg score per game 32-11
Graves Co #40 56-28 avg score per game 44-27
Marshall Co #134 44-7 avg score per game 21-29
Fulton #220 66-0 avg score per game 8-40
Fulton Co #212 60-14 avg score per game 16-46
Russellville #107 27-7 avg score per game 33-15
Caldwell Co #67 48-7 avg score per game 40-21
Caverna #213 56-6 avg score per game 10-36
Lou Holy Cross #158 38-14 avg score per game 23-27
Ky Country Day #102 35-14 avg score per game 40-15
Beechwood #57 35-14 avg score per game 36-22

Fairview #65

West Carter #194 42-0 avg score per game 12-33
East Carter #164 32-17 avg score per game 15-29
Fleming Co #125 21-14 avg score per game 27-22
Casey Co #177 69-29 avg score per game 23-43
Greenup Co #197 72-0 avg score per game 12-49
Grove City Christ, Oh #563 53-24 avg score per game 34-30
Paintsville #202 68-20 avg score per game 20-39
Raceland #91 40-27 avg score per game 35-16
Nicholas Co #159 36-7 avg score per game 32-36
Powell Co #175 53-12 avg score per game 22-46
Phelps #223 69-0 avg score per game 14-51
Nicholas Co #159 48-20 avg score per game 32-36
Pikeville #131 36-14 avg score per game 35-30
Hazard #70 40-6 avg score per game 30-19

All the Ky rankings come from the Super 25 site on Courier Journal. The Oh ranking comes from Max Preps.
i think it would be funny, if Fairview win this team. and the KHSAA take the state title and the wins away from them.
all you Fairview fans that think they can't do that. ask the Highlands fans. it happen to them in the 90's.
Or if you want it the way that MayfieldCardinal likes to put it, here it is.

Mayfield #12
lost to #8 28-42
beat #76 63-21
beat #52 42-21
beat #58 38-14
beat #40 56-28
beat #67 48-7
beat #57 35-14

Fairview #65

beat #91 40-27
beat #70 40-6
mysonis55 Wrote:Or if you want it the way that MayfieldCardinal likes to put it, here it is.

Mayfield #12
lost to #8 28-42
beat #76 63-21
beat #52 42-21
beat #58 38-14
beat #40 56-28
beat #67 48-7
beat #57 35-14

Fairview #65

beat #91 40-27
beat #70 40-6

Yeah, but nobody on here wants to compare strength of schedules, so what else ya got, :popcorn:
Well, Fairview runs a wing t and some inverted bone. Both of which I think our coaching staff is very diverse at shutting down. They are big and have speed comprable to Murray. Their qb can throw a pretty good ball but he cannot run as well as Dylan Boone of Murray. In my opinion, from watching video, it is like watching Murray run the wing t. They do have a full back that runs down hill hard, but not as hard as Nussbaum. They have two wing backs that have speed, but none more than we dealt with in Murray or PT. Their def likes to load the box. If they do that against us they will see Mr Jackson pack the team about 10 yards per pop. They will also see our receivers get lots of big plays.
gobigredMHS Wrote:Ok, I got to ask, what does "Believe in the wood" mean to fairview fans? I keep seeing that but have no idea what that means.

BITW or Believe In The Wood is referring to the fact that the Fairview Independent School District covers the Westwood community of the Ashland/Boyd County area. Hope this helps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood,_B...,_Kentucky
PirateInAshland Wrote:BITW or Believe In The Wood is referring to the fact that the Fairview Independent School District covers the Westwood community of the Ashland/Boyd County area. Hope this helps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood,_B...,_Kentucky

Ah, yes, that explains it, thanks for the info!!
mysonis55 Wrote:Alright, I know MayfieldCardinal is waiting for this. I have done some more research on these two teams. I wish that I could lay these schedules out side by side so you could more easily compare. I tried that with something similar last week and it jumbled it.

Mayfield #12

@ Warren Central #8 28-42 WC avg score per game was 39-14
Madisonville N-H #76 63-21 avg score per game 29-22
Paducah Tilghman #52 42-21 avg score per game 34-17
Murray #58 38-14 avg score per game 32-11
Graves Co #40 56-28 avg score per game 44-27
Marshall Co #134 44-7 avg score per game 21-29
Fulton #220 66-0 avg score per game 8-40
Fulton Co #212 60-14 avg score per game 16-46
Russellville #107 27-7 avg score per game 33-15
Caldwell Co #67 48-7 avg score per game 40-21
Caverna #213 56-6 avg score per game 10-36
Lou Holy Cross #158 38-14 avg score per game 23-27
Ky Country Day #102 35-14 avg score per game 40-15
Beechwood #57 35-14 avg score per game 36-22

Fairview #65

West Carter #194 42-0 avg score per game 12-33
East Carter #164 32-17 avg score per game 15-29
Fleming Co #125 21-14 avg score per game 27-22
Casey Co #177 69-29 avg score per game 23-43
Greenup Co #197 72-0 avg score per game 12-49
Grove City Christ, Oh #563 53-24 avg score per game 34-30
Paintsville #202 68-20 avg score per game 20-39
Raceland #91 40-27 avg score per game 35-16
Nicholas Co #159 36-7 avg score per game 32-36
Powell Co #175 53-12 avg score per game 22-46
Phelps #223 69-0 avg score per game 14-51
Nicholas Co #159 48-20 avg score per game 32-36
Pikeville #131 36-14 avg score per game 35-30
Hazard #70 40-6 avg score per game 30-19

All the Ky rankings come from the Super 25 site on Courier Journal. The Oh ranking comes from Max Preps.

"Ok" now go do the same thing with the Hazard and Fairview schedules and show it to us ,and what does it all mean "40-6"!!!
Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, Fairview runs a wing t and some inverted bone. Both of which I think our coaching staff is very diverse at shutting down. They are big and have speed comprable to Murray. Their qb can throw a pretty good ball but he cannot run as well as Dylan Boone of Murray. In my opinion, from watching video, it is like watching Murray run the wing t. They do have a full back that runs down hill hard, but not as hard as Nussbaum. They have two wing backs that have speed, but none more than we dealt with in Murray or PT. Their def likes to load the box. If they do that against us they will see Mr Jackson pack the team about 10 yards per pop. They will also see our receivers get lots of big plays.

Yes, I saw them loading the box, that would be the biggest mistake of their season if they do that against us. I would think they know our team by now and would respect our pass, but they have to respect J Jack too.
I have heard the "Believe in the wood" song played along the highlights of Fairview, now you guys can check our some of our Mayfield music here: http://www.mayfieldcardinals.net/?page_id=381
DODOUBLEG, PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE AFTER THE GAME!!!! DON'T RUN AND HIDE IN EMBARASSMENT AFTERWARDS. Next to 64, you are the one that is going to eat the next biggest plate of crow. It's only going to take 5 days. :popcorn:
mysonis55 Wrote:Or if you want it the way that MayfieldCardinal likes to put it, here it is.

Mayfield #12
lost to #8 28-42
beat #76 63-21
beat #52 42-21
beat #58 38-14
beat #40 56-28
beat #67 48-7
beat #57 35-14

Fairview #65

beat #91 40-27
beat #70 40-6

Thanks, nice work!
They really have played a lite schedule, really lite! No wonder their highlight video looks so good
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Okay just caught a half of the Fairview H game and I just do not see alot that worries me out of their WingT. We will not have an issue with their speed and are well versed on the Wing T as both much higher ranked Warren Central and Graves County ran it. On offense, our balance will produce some points with us being fairly healthy unlike last year.
I will say this though, while they have no one of Jonathan Jackson caliber on their team, they do have a couple of speedsters and a couple of heavies that can play

I remember when Owensboro Catholic played against Russell in the state title game their last words were "we have seen their Wing-T and played well against it from other schools...it won't be a problem" and we know how that went for them. Lol
just to be honest becuz of mysonis55 i hope fairview wins by 400. other than that i got no problems with mayfield i respect there winning ways but that guy is to aggrogant!
DevilWatcher Wrote:I remember when Owensboro Catholic played against Russell in the state title game their last words were "we have seen their Wing-T and played well against it from other schools...it won't be a problem" and we know how that went for them. Lol

We have been here (before), done that, seen and heard it all over the years as this is somewhere around our 20th title game. We also all know how many 1 hit wonders have shown up over the years and think they have what it takes. Once in a blue moon they have but 9 times out of 10 the one hit wonders leave wondering. Maybe you guys are the 1 out 10 and if so I will be right here to tell you congrats on a job well done. Given what we have this year I like my chances but no doubt Ashland Fairview is pretty good or you wouldn't be here
mysonis55 Wrote:DODOUBLEG, PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE AFTER THE GAME!!!! DON'T RUN AND HIDE IN EMBARASSMENT AFTERWARDS. Next to 64, you are the one that is going to eat the next biggest plate of crow. It's only going to take 5 days. :popcorn:
I never run and hide so let's get that out of the way first. I'm not saying that Mayfield wont win this game because the odds are in your favor. I just think you can compare schedules (just like Hazard did) and look at film (just like Hazard did) and talk yourself into believing what you say all day but at the end of the day when all is said and done you wont know how these two teams will match up till they play. I believe that this game will be closer then you or a lot of people think. You can throw strength of schedule, common opponents and all of that stuff out the window at this point. A lot of people were thinking that Fairview was just a poser but I think they disproved this with a dismantilng of Hazard and I don't even think Hazard was the best team they beat up on this year. Fairview would never have made it this far if they were not capable of playing with you. This Fairview team is experienced, well coached, fast and loaded with talent even if it is debatable on how they got all this talent. My whole point is I hope this Mayfield team and coaches don't think Fairview will be as easy of an out as you seem to think.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:Confusednicker: Also I don't know how you think I will eat crow because I'm not even a Fairview fan and could care less who wins this this game other than if Fairview wins it will help my pick'em score. "LOL"
Mysonis55 reminds me of a guy by the name of Tomcatpride who a ran into earlier this year. He was talking smack all year about what his team was going to do to Johnson Central when they play. Long story short, Johnson Central beat his team and he has never posted on BGR again that I know of.

Confusednicker:
Pulling for mayfield !!!!
Guys this is a place to post your opinions. You are entitle to yours and I mine. I am of the opinion that we are going to win by at least three td's. The difference between my opinion and your is this. I based my opinion on facts laid before me and you. You on the other hand are basing yours on the fact that you would like for us to lose and the east to win. It matters not to me what they did prior to this game. They are obviously a good team. The difference is they will not, cannot match up with us. I have looked at film, looked at stats and looked at experience. I have pointed it all out to you. I believe that this means exactly what I said will happen.
Mayfield by 20
mysonis55 Wrote:DODOUBLEG, PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE AFTER THE GAME!!!! DON'T RUN AND HIDE IN EMBARASSMENT AFTERWARDS. Next to 64, you are the one that is going to eat the next biggest plate of crow. It's only going to take 5 days. :popcorn:

Confusednicker:ddleg crow not bad.little salted it will make you sick for about two days.an like me i suckit it up an pick hazard over fairview.and now i'm picking fairview over mayfield these western kentucky boys are crazy as crow.they stick together.thats what makes them mayfield.Confusedalute:
pork Wrote:Pulling for mayfield !!!!

sorry to hear this pork.losing shouldn't cause you to forget your eastern kentucky friends.:Hammer3:
I think you are underestimating Fairview. But that remains to be seen. Anybody that wants to give me 21 points and ill take it.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next