Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Basketball
MCHSHornets#5 Wrote:I agree completely, the KHSAA rules say that you have to change your address and a move 100 miles, Johnson done that. He followed the rules that KHSAA put in place, how can you not rule him eligible? The KHSAA is crooked, along with other sports organizations like the NCAA for example. If he followed the very guidelines you put in place then you shouldn't have anything to say about it point-blank!

There is no mileage requirement. All that is required is a bondafide change of address. Entire families do not have to move. KHSAA recognizes divorces and legal separations.
PantherTradition Wrote:There is no mileage requirement. All that is required is a bondafide change of address. Entire families do not have to move. KHSAA recognizes divorces and legal separations.

Once again, that's not true. While the KHSAA recognizes divorce, military transfer, etc., the bonafide change of address is the entire family.

It's really a shame that you jokers won't just read the damn bylaw. It's clear, it's in black and white, and some of you still make shit up.
ekff Wrote:Cordia moved Hudson's uncle here...

Hazard moved Hudson's mother here...

If your going to do it do it right.

Hudson and Johnson are two different cases. Sheldon Clark waited as long as they could to send the papers back on Johnson. Sheldon Clark is the reason Justin Johnson ain't playing right now. Cordia didn't care about Hudson.

Perry Central will file on Nov 14th. Then KHSAA has 50 days and they will take all 50 days.. So Justin Johnson should be playing late Dec or early Jan.

Thank you EKFF. Thats what ive been wanting someone to say. I know you of all ppl dont think im dumb enough to think this doesnt look bad on johnson and spurlocks part. Ive never said it didnt. The reason johnson is gettn all this crap is because SC. To think Hudson move was for any other reason than sports is just stupid!!! If I were HHS Or PCC coach I would do the same. Its truly no diff than any other transfer IMO. Im sure Upikefan will correct me if im wrong here, can someone show me the bylaw that says anything about the other school contesting the transfer having anything to do with eligibility??? If there is ive missed it.
This is the link to bylaw 6. (http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf)

Here is section 3 which relates to why eligibility can be denied!

Sec. 3) Specifi c Restrictions Resulting in Denial of Waiver
Satisfying of one of the exceptions (Section 2, a through i) shall
not be considered valid and a waiver of the period of ineligibility
shall not be granted:

a) If the change in schools is to nullify or circumvent implementation
of Board of Education, School Based Decision Making or school
imposed policy which would have resulted in the student’s
ineligibility at the sending school;
b) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions occurs after the
enrollment at the new school;
c) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire
to participate in athletics at the new school;

d) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions is used or manipulated
for the purpose of gaining athletic eligibility; or
e) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions by the student and
the parent(s) does not reasonably precipitate a transfer to the
new school.
When Chris Hudson came to Cordia, he came with a guardian..not an uncle. He had never played varsity sports, so he did not have to be ruled on by the KHSAA. When he transferred to Hazard he had played varsity. That's why his mother had to come from Texas...to establish a legit move. Remember, he didn't go to Hazard to participate in athletics. HaHa!
Secret Agent 007 Wrote:I mean he's 16 years old and I'm sure basketball and girls is the only thing on his mind. He's getting a scholarship to college and he's getting an education. Isn't that the only thing that really matters?

I agree with you.
His MOM already went back to Texas and left Hazard Hudson MOM.
I heard that the hearing for Johnson is on the 14th of November, Everyone tells me he will be Eligiable on the 15th. Thats what peoples been telling me for a month now, and these are people close to the situation.
Just saying
Perry scrimmages in Louisville saturday and I dont know who they play I was told PRP and the other i dont know.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:Once again, that's not true. While the KHSAA recognizes divorce, military transfer, etc., the bonafide change of address is the entire family.

It's really a shame that you jokers won't just read the damn bylaw. It's clear, it's in black and white, and some of you still make shit up.

C'mon now, bubby.
zaga, really, if one can log on to a computer, one can google the bylaw and read it. It's not hard. Yet we still have morons who make stuff up. Why? Why? Why?
If you guys dont know no better he will not be elgiable i know that but tell the people of Perry,Cent that he does have a hearing on the 14th of Nov. Their not going to let him play. After getting Paige elgiable last year their not going to let them have another player elgiable this year. Its next week Perry playes in Louisville scrimmages.
It's obvious that ballboy did not graduate from that fine academic benchmark establishment East Ridge.
Its Perry Central. If you can makeup 9 credits in 1 month (a player last year) anything is possible.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Its Perry Central. If you can makeup 9 credits in 1 month (a player last year) anything is possible.

You can make up 9 credits in a month at any high school. Schools have to offer credit recovery options for students.

Now whether the student actually did them is another question.
[quote=Altro Cat]You can make up 9 credits in a month at any high school. Schools have to offer credit recovery options for students.

Now whether the student actually did them is another question.[/QUOTE]

I agree
Did we get a decision today?
I'm gonna say no, its not on here yet...
Everyone can begin to smileSmile soon.
It can take up to 50 days for a decision.. 20 days and 30 days (judge and KHSAA can't remember which one has 20 or 30 but I know it's 50 total days)

And no one will know when..

So it can be anytime from Nov 15th until Jan 3rd...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
soon i believe
I assume they will take the full 50 days (like they usually do) and then Johnson
will be ruled elgible to play. However, does it help or hurt a team to have a player come in that late? Especially one who expects to
play..(validly) at that time?
Ruling today?
Just saw on Facebook that Kasongo is eligible
zaga_fan Wrote:Just saw on Facebook that Kasongo is eligible

Where?
insideinfo Wrote:Where?

The post has since been taken down - so it may not be confirmed just yet
Should ahve a ruleing by Saturday Dec.1st is what im being told. But not 100% on the Johnson kid.
Kasongo may have been ruled eligible, but plays too out of control and dirty to make much of an impact. Johnson's eligibility is highly doubtful, just too much against him, Facebook posts, tweets, have a way of following you...
Why don't some one put the blame where it should be and that is on Spurlock. He should have known the rules good enough to know that a player following a coach after the school year had begun would be tough to get eligible. I think Spurlock was simply selfish and thought, well PCC seems to always get players eligible, (John Paul Amis) I will simply talk Johnson into going with me. If I was Johnson parents I would give Montgomery County or Scott County a call.