Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Basketball
Did Justin Johnson get eligible yet?
Not yet Is what im been told.
Why in the world not?
He will be eligible.
To hear other people say it, he won't be eligible and blah blah blah..
Face it, it's this simple..
The KHSAA cannot prove that he moved for athletic purposes and those purposes alone.
Common sense question.

And before anyone even talks about the ACT scandal, test scores, etc.
14th region schools are not known to be the best academic schools in the nation or state, unless you are a private school or possibly a christian school.

I know that people hate that transfers are coming into this-and that-school and it's a touchy subject.. It sucks I agree, but the better kid is going to play. There is nothing that anyone can do about it except the KHSAA and that's all fact.
Ballers Wrote:He will be eligible.
To hear other people say it, he won't be eligible and blah blah blah..
Face it, it's this simple..
The KHSAA cannot prove that he moved for athletic purposes and those purposes alone.
Common sense question.

And before anyone even talks about the ACT scandal, test scores, etc.
14th region schools are not known to be the best academic schools in the nation or state, unless you are a private school or possibly a christian school.

I know that people hate that transfers are coming into this-and that-school and it's a touchy subject.. It sucks I agree, but the better kid is going to play. There is nothing that anyone can do about it except the KHSAA and that's all fact.

Elaborate on the relevance of this...
Well, I figured some dummy would come in here and say..
"Well if he transferred to PCC for academic reasons, that's dumb cuz uhh they cheated on the ACT and uhh their test scores aint that good huhuhuh"..

It may not be relevant but I just thought I'd throw that out there before someone just came in and threw that crap around.. They usually do.

And private schools and christian schools well, realistically they have a lot less students..
Which means a lot less students smokin' in the boys room, making out with girls, and more headway of having their heads stuck in the books.

Iim not finished..
Now please elaborate why you would quote me when you clearly knew where I was going with that.
I just wasted 5 minutes of my life telling you this when you already knew what the point was.
He should be Elgiable by the first game of the season. If not then sometime by christmas break.
So just wondering, where did mom or dad get a job at in Perry County?
Will PC have the best post combo ever in the 14th region?
He was ruled INELGIABLE today by the KHSAA. but Perry will appeal Monday. Is what I was told.
Someone tell me what is wrong with this picture? Johnson moves from one eastern Ky. town to another and gets ruled inelgiable, but a kid can move from Florida to Scott Co. and he can play.
He will Elgiable by November 15th .
ballboy Wrote:He will Elgiable by November 15th .

You may be right but not what I am hearing. I am hearing he will be eligible on Oct. 15th 2013 if he stays at PCC.
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:You may be right but not what I am hearing. I am hearing he will be eligible on Oct. 15th 2013 if he stays at PCC.

Then it sounds to me like the decision has been made even before the KHSAA has seen the appeal or scheduled the hearing...
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:You may be right but not what I am hearing. I am hearing he will be eligible on Oct. 15th 2013 if he stays at PCC.

Im hearing the same thing as you. Really weird that alot of ppl is hearing this b4 its even been apppealed. Shows you just how fair KHSAA is. Guilty til proven innocent I guess.
zaga_fan Wrote:Then it sounds to me like the decision has been made even before the KHSAA has seen the appeal or scheduled the hearing...

Looks like it. Not calling out names but the kid from cordia that transferred to HHS this year is already eligible.
ballboy Wrote:He was ruled INELGIABLE today by the KHSAA. but Perry will appeal Monday. Is what I was told.

ballboy Wrote:He will Elgiable by November 15th .
So, what the hell is he? Elgiable or Inelgiable?

God, that was fun just typing that. I had a hard time pronouncing it while I typed it, but still fun.
ballstar Wrote:Im hearing the same thing as you. Really weird that alot of ppl is hearing this b4 its even been apppealed. Shows you just how fair KHSAA is. Guilty til proven innocent I guess.

Maybe the KHSAA is not the most upstanding organization or maybe they have enough evidence that the appeal is not going to fly. I don't know but from what I have been told the coach left and then 2 or 3 days later the kid left. Seems to me if it looks like a pig, smells like a pig, acts like a pig, and oinks like a pig it must be a pig.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:So, what the hell is he? Elgiable or Inelgiable?

God, that was fun just typing that. I had a hard time pronouncing it while I typed it, but still fun.

I don't care who you are...
that's funny lol
I'm pretty sure the bylaw states you can't transfer school for athletic purposes. Everyone knows most kids do, but in this case a kid followed a coach from one region to another. Unless Johnson was living with Spurlock or something like that, the move was undeniably for athletic purposes. That's were he's going to run into trouble with the khsaa, even if his family did move down here. Hudson moved off lotts creek with his mother into the city limits of Hazard. Now if Rhodes would have took a new coaching job somewhere and Hudson followed with his mother i bet he to would have been ruled ineligible. This case is probably pretty clear cut for the khsaa. Didn't Back follow Holland to Hazard and set a whole year a couple years back???
If you played the previous year, and you move to another school, you are ineligible by rule. Everyone, not just one, but all. Then you have to appeal under the exceptions within bylaw 6 to gain eligibility. You have to meet one of those requirements. We've been over this and over this for the past umpteen years boys and girls, do we have that many new posters that don't know or are all of us that old that we can't remember squat?
Inelgible

c) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire
to participate in athletics at the new school;

ByLaw10
A pupil (domestic or foreign) at any grade level shall not be
recruited to a member school of the KHSAA for the purpose of
participating in athletics.
All I know is he was ruled inelgiable friday and that Perry Cent was going to appeal this that come from the administration.
I agree with UPIKEFAN and Kentuckyfan35. My question to the both of you would be how is Hudson already eligible??? What factors would be diff?? Im not trying to be a punk here, just wanting to know the diff???
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Inelgible

c) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire
to participate in athletics at the new school;

ByLaw10
A pupil (domestic or foreign) at any grade level shall not be
recruited to a member school of the KHSAA for the purpose of
participating in athletics.

I guess there's nothing to see here.

This one is over with.
I truly think they will rule him good to go but it will take some time. I look for it to be around the end of dec or beginning of jan. I know it smells like pig but they have to prove its a pig. I know all things points toward that, but its alot harder to prove than some may think.
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess there's nothing to see here.

This one is over with.

The thing that really makes me mad is that they want to hold out as long as they can the rule on a kid. Most of the time all the docs they need are right in front of them. guess it makes them look better.....
ballstar Wrote:I truly think they will rule him good to go but it will take some time. I look for it to be around the end of dec or beginning of jan. I know it smells like pig but they have to prove its a pig. I know all things points toward that, but its alot harder to prove than some may think.

As I said before you know brother spurlock wouldn't lie about taking Johnson with him. We all know he did and we all know he is a lot worse than a pig.:devilflam
ballstar Wrote:I know all things points toward that, but its alot harder to prove than some may think.

But which side has the burden of proof?

Does the KHSAA have to prove he moved for athletics of does Johnson have to prove he moved for other reasons?
ballstar Wrote:I truly think they will rule him good to go but it will take some time. I look for it to be around the end of dec or beginning of jan. I know it smells like pig but they have to prove its a pig. I know all things points toward that, but its alot harder to prove than some may think.

I have been told that the KHSAA has proof. From all accounts I have been told this one is over. I think it would be just as hard to prove he left for non athletic reasons as vice-versa.