Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Basketball
All I will say is be careful what you post on twitter and facebook...it can come back to haunt you....
If Jaysean Paige can move that far and the only thing stopping his eligibility being his grades....
Justin Johnson will be eligible.

However - I'm retiring from this thread.
All we heard last year was that the Paige move was totally motivated by basketball and he had no chance at eligibility.
We'll see what happens when it happens - anyone that says they know anything about when/if he becomes eligible is telling a lie.
ekff Wrote:Why does Hazard get thrown up? Maybe back in the day when Hazard was the only school breaking rules to get player you all could throw up Hazard. But now EVERY school is doing it.

Every case is different. Maybe the KHSAA has something to use in this case or maybe they don't. IMO: KHSAA will be looking hard into anything Perry does right now and it has nothing to do with Johnson or Spurlock, but bc of the Jaysean Paige thing left a bad taste with people, the changing test dates really hurt their school. You can say what you want but I know the test dates have had some back fall. BUT... Johnson is a great player and every player and every coach knows that when u transfer there's a risk of sitting. One thing for sure is that if a transfer doesn't go as planned your season still goes on.. So as of right now Perry still has the top PG in the region (Beverly) and a nice group of role players around him. We all know there are 4 teams that have a great chance at winning the 14th region this season.

PS: I do wish Johnson the best of luck, bc this kid will use basketball to pay for his college education.

Please dont think im saying anything negative towards hhs because you know I hope all the kids get eligible. They do nothing that EVERYONE else has done and is still doing. This has more to do with the Paige deal than the johnson deal. I just dont think thats fair to hold that against Johnson.
Had he transferred in the summer, I say fine. Had he not left the week his coach left I'd say fine. Had he not left and gone to the school his coach was hired, I'd have said fine. But when you add all of that up and say it was happenstance it's bull$hit.
Ballers Wrote:Go watch some more Andrew Wiggins videos and tell everyone how he's going to Cordia.
And yes, Back did follow Holland to Hazard - when the season had already started.

Pleases go back to whatever thread we were posting on and read carefully what I said ballers before you bring it up numerous times trying to poke fun. I said the mountains could probably get THE NEXT andrew wiggins. I never said anything back trying to not make you look dumb but looks like you accomplished that all on your own. The only one that ever said about wiggins himself coming here was you. Canadian pipe lines are floodgating these mountians. You'll see what I mean once season starts. More candains in the 14th then people think.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Pleases go back to whatever thread we were posting on and read carefully what I said ballers before you bring it up numerous times trying to poke fun. I said the mountains could probably get THE NEXT andrew wiggins. I never said anything back trying to not make you look dumb but looks like you accomplished that all on your own. The only one that ever said about wiggins himself coming here was you. Canadian pipe lines are floodgating these mountians. You'll see what I mean once season starts. More candains in the 14th then people think.

:haters:
KHSAA12 Wrote:Pleases go back to whatever thread we were posting on and read carefully what I said ballers before you bring it up numerous times trying to poke fun. I said the mountains could probably get THE NEXT andrew wiggins. I never said anything back trying to not make you look dumb but looks like you accomplished that all on your own. The only one that ever said about wiggins himself coming here was you. Canadian pipe lines are floodgating these mountians. You'll see what I mean once season starts. More candains in the 14th then people think.

Me and you just need to play one on one, loser has to leave BGR forever..
Ballers Wrote:Me and you just need to play one on one, loser has to leave BGR forever..

ballers would win easily
One thing to remember is that every kid is eligible somewhere.If he is ruled ineligible at PCC he is still eligible to play at Sheldon Clark. So if he is indeed ineligible at PCC he doesn't have to miss his junior year he could go back and play at SC,or transfer to Hazard and get eligible...Sorry Couldn't Resist.lol
Perry will file an injuction soon so he can play.
It would probably be easier to just go to Hazard Catholic.
ballboy Wrote:Perry will file an injuction soon so he can play.

And if it gets appealed he runs the risk of losing his senior year. Brilliant.
What makes anyone think that SC wants him back.... I don't think they want to hire his Mom.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:And if it gets appealed he runs the risk of losing his senior year. Brilliant.

Have to agree. Big risk for a kid if he wants to play big time college basketball. Risk of sitting out a year either way, but sitting out junior year would be MUCH better than senior for recruiting purposes. I hope the kid and his family get good advice on the issue. I have been told that bad advice is what put them in this position in the first place.
With or without Johnson Perry will be very good. Obviously with him they are better.
BallFan1952 Wrote:What makes anyone think that SC wants him back.... I don't think they want to hire his Mom.

sc would hire his granny if justin johnson would go back.Confusednicker:
He be elgiable is what i was told for the Perry fans not to sweat.
ballboy Wrote:He be elgiable is what i was told for the Perry fans not to sweat.

I am sure all that info is coming from the same person who said he would be eligible as long as he had a change of address. He is not eligable and any kind of injunction will put the kids future at risk. If the eligibility appeal goes through that is another story but with all the evidence I would not bet on that happening.
Like I stated before...be careful what you post on twitter and facebook. Heard KHSAA have obtained copies of posts that were made prior to coming to PCC. just saying...
OK kiddies. Here it is, the correct spelling on it's way.

E L I G I B L E

there's no A. IT's not elgiable, IT's not eligable. We may be from the mountains, but we should at least be able to spell. Please, carry on this meaningless thread that I've so thoroughly enjoyed. Eligible.

Wait, here's a wrench in our spelling machine, and I know this one may throw some of us for a loop, but there's another word that could hamstring us and that word is:

I N E L I G I B L E. Not inelgiable. Not ineligable.

Carry on.
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:Have to agree. Big risk for a kid if he wants to play big time college basketball. Risk of sitting out a year either way, but sitting out junior year would be MUCH better than senior for recruiting purposes. I hope the kid and his family get good advice on the issue. I have been told that bad advice is what put them in this position in the first place.
No risk sitting out your Junior year. All big time schools see you in the summer.There a lot of people believe kids play a lot harder in AAU than they play in high school. There is a college scout at just about every game.Look at the kid at Trinity he set out his junior year i believe.He's one the top recruits in the state.
Great point, but Hicks sat out his sophomore year.
insideinfo Wrote:No risk sitting out your Junior year. All big time schools see you in the summer.There a lot of people believe kids play a lot harder in AAU than they play in high school. There is a college scout at just about every game.Look at the kid at Trinity he set out his junior year i believe.He's one the top recruits in the state.

As UPike said Hicks sat out his sophomore year. As i said in my last post it would be better to miss your junior year as opossed to your senior year IMO. With it looking like Johnson will have to sit one year or another it seems to me that the best interest of the kid would be to sit out the junior year.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:Great point, but Hicks sat out his sophomore year.
Your right.
On another note I read somewhere Perry was looking for a slogan for their shirts so how about this one ? ...... Where I lead he shall follow !!!!!!!!
bball2195 Wrote:On another note I read somewhere Perry was looking for a slogan for their shirts so how about this one ? ...... Where I lead he shall follow !!!!!!!!

I think for the 14 &15 region it should be HAVE BALL WILL TRAVEL
Does it matter if the kid gets ruled ineligible or not? He already has plenty of D1 offers and plays in, what is considered to be the best AAU league in the nation, the NIKE EYBL. It features names such as Andrew Wiggins, Julius Randle, and other ESPN top 100 talent and previously names like Lebron James and our very own Anthony Davis. His AAU team just moved to Kentucky and they have been recruiting Quentin Snider and D'Angelo Russell. Sitting out will not hurt this kid at all. He will and is going to play college basketball. Is that not what matters? Be grateful we have talent in eastern Kentucky who can play D1. He's a 16 year old kid who just wants to play basketball. LET HIM PLAY!
I agree with you. He doesnt have to prove anything when it comes to the 14th region. He plays in the big boy league. It really doesnt matter if he sits he jr or senior yr either. Im sure he knows the school he is going to and I think he knew that b4 he came to PCC. Im sure they would gladly sign him either way. Good luck to Justin and all the others trying to get elgiable!!!! Sorry, couldnt help myself!!!
ballstar Wrote:I agree with you. He doesnt have to prove anything when it comes to the 14th region. He plays in the big boy league. It really doesnt matter if he sits he jr or senior yr either. Im sure he knows the school he is going to and I think he knew that b4 he came to PCC. Im sure they would gladly sign him either way. Good luck to Justin and all the others trying to get elgiable!!!! Sorry, couldnt help myself!!!
Now that's funny right there.:Clap:
Whether he has to prove himself or not has nothing to do with his elgiability