Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
64.71%
Belfry
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Johnson Central 10/26
If Johnson plays I think this is a toss-up game with JC being the slight favorite.

If Johnson does not play, I think JC is probably a 2 TD favorite.

JC is very stout up front and strong enough to match up with Belfry's line. Johnson's quickness and big game experience would be very beneficial as the only thing I see JC being vulnerable to against a running game is a back who can essentially out-quick them into the hole and get to the second level.

Though this is the most formidable I have seen a Belfry passing attack in years, I still do not think you can even begin to assume Belfry can beat a team of this magnitude relying heavily on the pass.

With Johnson:
JC 21
Belfry 20 (those darn missed XP's)

Without Johnson:
JC 21
Belfry 7
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:BTW, depending on work and the weather (weak, I know), I would really like to come and see this. I thought about the Ashland/Johnson Central game and was too lazy to go. Boy, did I miss a classic or what?

It has been the place to be! I wanted go watch the Ashland game as well, but was too lazy lol.
This game reminds me of the day after/Saturday after Thanksgiving games.

Clemson vs. South Carolina
Florida St. vs. Florida
Auburn vs. Alabama
Georgia vs. Georgia Tech
Mississippi St. vs. Ole Miss
Oregon vs. Oregon St.
Notre Dame vs. USC

Some teams of these teams are Power Houses in their respective Conference's. And they are very close in proximity. And the fans wait all year for that rivalry game...... God, I love this time of the year!!!!
Does Matney and Heywood save their starters from playing and not take the risk of loosing some key players before the playoffs start??

OR

Do we see an epic battle between the two best teams on the Big Sandy river?
Not sure about what either coach will do about letting players heal, but I do wish this game was at week 7 or 8 instead of the week prior to the playoffs.

FYI...Belfry isn't anywhere close to the Big Sandy or the Little Sandy.
Isn't the Big Sandy River split into two forks, the Tug Fork (which runs through Williamson) and the Levisa Fork (which runs through Paintsville and Pikeville)?

That is the way I always was taught. We live on the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy and Pikeville is on the Levisa Fork of the Big Sandy.
JC by 8
I'm about 99.9% positive I'm gonna go to this. It's gonna be epic.
Neither team will save their starters in this game! Never have and don't see things changing in this one.
JC by 16
Leonidas Wrote:Not sure about what either coach will do about letting players heal, but I do wish this game was at week 7 or 8 instead of the week prior to the playoffs.

Buc-a-roo Wrote:Isn't the Big Sandy River split into two forks, the Tug Fork (which runs through Williamson) and the Levisa Fork (which runs through Paintsville and Pikeville)?

That is the way I always was taught. We live on the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy and Pikeville is on the Levisa Fork of the Big Sandy.

If your on the Levisa or the Tug....then you are on the Big Sandy.
Belfry-21, JC-7...Johnson Central has a little let down after their big district win last week.
Pirates2012 Wrote:Belfry-21, JC-7...Johnson Central has a little let down after their big district win last week.

:thatsfunn :hilarious:

7 points...... The Law Firm of Gound, Young, Adkins, Belcher and Dillion may have something to say about that.
Johnson Central by 7
Leonidas Wrote:Not sure about what either coach will do about letting players heal, but I do wish this game was at week 7 or 8 instead of the week prior to the playoffs.

FYI...You are wrong. Belfry is on the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy River.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If your on the Levisa or the Tug....then you are on the Big Sandy.

There is also a Russell Fork.
JC 24
Belfry16
I think this one comes down to the final seconds of the game. Belfry scores in the final minute of the game to pull within one. The extra point is missed and JC runs out the clock after recovering the onside kick.

Final
JC 21
Belfry 20

Should be one heck of a game.
Throw the Asland game comparisons out the window for this one folks. Great tuneup game for each team. Heres hoping for an injury free game for both teams and becoming more battle tested for the playoffs. Coach Haywood will not sit kids just to try to keep them injury free. He will want the competition to better prepare them for those tough games lurking in November. Yes this game will be a brawl. Turnovers could be key. Special teams will factor for sure. Hate to post my prediction so I'll just say Go Big Red!!! Also a big Good Luck to the little Pirates on Saturday as well!!!!
Bump.....
i would like to have seen johnson healthy for this one. the last time he played against them was freshman year starting halfback jv team. ran all over them 2tds and belfry won 20 -6 last year he was starting tailback and was out with injury johnson central won 21 14 so yes this game would have been the rubber match. lets just hope he ready for playoffs thats were it counts the most. sani keep up the good work ur qb skills are great. and will prove deadly in the deep playoff run.:lmao:
I believe jc has most likely played the toughest non-district schedule. But belfry has stepped out of district and played some tough games as well.
Pulp Fiction Wrote::thatsfunn :hilarious:

7 points...... The Law Firm of Gound, Young, Adkins, Belcher and Dillion may have something to say about that.

Must not be familiar with Belfry's lawfirm... Ghormley-Mullins-Messer
Central
Everyone other than Johnson healthy for Belfry?
JC by 8
This will be a fun game to watch. Imo, JC. should be the favorite if Johnson is not back, but will be pulling for the Pirates.
When I said Bell was the best team in the Mountains earlier this year, Belfry fans pummelled me. Surely the Belfry team they quarrelled was the best will not lose their third game in one season. If they do, the mountains are eroding and passing away from the top down. I think JC wins this one, but not by much.

JC 35 Belfry 28
Johnson Central 31

Belfry 21
as bad as i hate to say it, without JJ, i think Belfry keeps it close for a while but JC gets the win by 10-14