Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
64.71%
Belfry
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Johnson Central 10/26
Thoughts and predictions.
JC the last couple times, i say there the favor this yr, should be a good one..
Johnson Central :1:
cuppett777 Wrote:JC the last couple times, i say there the favor this yr, should be a good one..

Has Johnson healed up?
Doubtful that Johnson will play in this one and Belfry will miss him.

As it often does, it will come down to who can control the LOS.
Wish I was able to go see this one. I will be working. This should be a good game. I hope to see the Pirates pull it off but with these two teams you never know. Matney has done a heck of a job with that program. I'm just hoping for a good game and it is injury free for these two teams entering the playoffs. I'm pulling for my Pirates but good luck to both teams.
Johnson practiced this past week and it is still to be determined if he will play Friday.
Just to my eye, JC's wisbone attack looked to be more physical/downhill in style than Belfry's Flexbone. I think Belfry gets the edge in the passing game.

Hope Belfry has all of their key guys healthy, but I doubt Johnson makes it back for this one. Do think Belfry really benefits from getting A. Hatfield back last night. I know they didn't do it much, but I think it is nice to have the option of moving Carr back to RB for a little added physicality in the running game.

Gonna do everything I can to make it to this game. Depends on the better half Wink
Belfry needs this win from a momentum and psychological standpoint. Need a good win against a tough team before the playoffs start. Not going to be easy by any means though, Johnson Central is a very solid team.
Going to be a great one.
If I don't go to Lewis County to watch my Hornets play, I will be at this game. Gonna be a dandy.
Going with the Pirates in a close one.The one thing i've looked for is consistency in the fullback position,and with all the illness/injury we keep moving kids around.when Hatfield gets 100% look for great things from the Pirates.
I can't wait....
I like Johnson Central in this one. 35-22
Anybody know if this game will be on WYMT?
McCameraMan Wrote:If I don't go to Lewis County to watch my Hornets play, I will be at this game. Gonna be a dandy.

It looks like Johnson Central has been the place to be for these 2 weeks.
BTW, depending on work and the weather (weak, I know), I would really like to come and see this. I thought about the Ashland/Johnson Central game and was too lazy to go. Boy, did I miss a classic or what?
This game will be a toss up. They play the same style. Who controls the line will win. Smash Mouth at it's best.

I like JC in this one. We saw against Ashland we have the new "Air Matney" passing attack. JC will still run the ball, but does have the ability to get it done in the air.

IMO, these two teams are the best in the Big Sandy. I guess we could call this the "Battle for the Big Sandy". Both teams are District Champs and will go deep. Let's hope we have a great contest and everyone goes home healthy. JC fans are always rooting for Belfrey in the playoffs.
Should be a good one. I'll take the Pirates in a close one.
Will be a good game . As always die hard BELFRY
BELFRY36 JOHNSON CENT 34 IN A CLOSE ONE Confusedmoke:
MonsterMan Wrote:This game will be a toss up. They play the same style. Who controls the line will win. Smash Mouth at it's best.

I like JC in this one. We saw against Ashland we have the new "Air Matney" passing attack. JC will still run the ball, but does have the ability to get it done in the air.

IMO, these two teams are the best in the Big Sandy. I guess we could call this the "Battle for the Big Sandy". Both teams are District Champs and will go deep. Let's hope we have a great contest and everyone goes home healthy. JC fans are always rooting for Belfrey in the playoffs.

Coming from the Belfry side I feel the same way. Turnover battle and LOS will be key IMO, but I believe two evenly matched teams with similar styles and it should be a really good game.
Pirate faithful will be traveling to Paintsville on Friday and Saturday, on Saturday our 8th grade team plays for the regional title in the state tournament at JCMS. Hopefully it will be two good nights for us. Time to see where our group has improved since the loss to Ashland, Psychologically this win could be crucial..
Johnson central 35 belfry 28.
If JC were playing any other team with the same talent as Belfry I would say JC by 2 if not 3 scores, but JC and Belfry always seem to play a good game. Im gonna say JC takes it 28-22.
It seem like Johnson Central play a tough game every week. Do you think they have played the best schedule in the mountains.
Jc wins in a another friday night battle, Belfry and JC always play each other tough.
JC 34
Belfry 16
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I think this should be a hard hitting game. I think Johnson Central will win by 16 points.
belfry has the talent just hasn't clicked yet!!!