Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Eagles 2012
^They're gonna be just fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
cricketbed Wrote:Yes they need a scoreboard bad!!! What do they have coming back after Jude is gone? If JC has nothing coming back this year, why would they buy a new scoreboard?

Well, they said that after Ron Blume graduated...and after Shawn Grim graduated...
Diogenes Wrote:Well, they said that after Ron Blume graduated...and after Shawn Grim graduated...

.......and after Chase Richardson graduated, and...lol
I am actually working on selling them a scoreboard as we speak. unfortunately the school really does not want to spend the money. one with and without a video board has been offered also a resticking, and relamping is on the table. for my sake i hope they go all out and buy the house lol.
Put a fork in the eagles because they're done!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Put a fork in the eagles because they're done!
:thatsfunn

:dontthink "No says I." :dontthink
Bob Seger Wrote:.......and after Chase Richardson graduated, and...lol
And after JK Hall and Nate Dillion graduated........

We will see. One runner with 3,000 yards or 3 runners that total over 3,000 yards does not seem like much of a difference to me. Oh yeah, except it is much harder to key on 3 different guys.
I think the tomcat pride person just came from under a rock. If you have not noticed, Johnson central is a power house in the mountains. They don't rebuild they reload. Don't be jealous because your program is not as strongConfusederved:

Johnson Central will beat Ashland to death next year.

I do not believe in anyway that they are "done", but it is going to be fun to see how they are this year compared to the past couple of years. Can they keep it going in the right direction or are they going to fall off a little this year? Can't wait for the season to begin.

I bet you Ashland misses Sam Hunter more than JC misses Jude when this season's over.

60 players that showed up yesterday for a very good looking first practice say otherwise. Go Eagles!!!!
They will better than last year. Will have more options in backfield. Teams cant just key on one guy now!!
I drove by the field yesterday.... People were sitting in the old krogers parking lot watching practice. Thought I saw some people sitting in the home side bleachers. There was alot of kids out there yesterday. I may try to swing back by there tonight.

And then of course, I had to hook up the PS3 and play some NCAA football.............. #CANTWAITFORFOOTBALLSEASON
I know you can't tell much from the first practice but from what I saw, Jc looked very big ,athletic, and ready to work. We may be "DONE" but I'll guarantee this years team has much higher hopes than just playing with Ashland. I honestly feel this years team will give the Blue birds all they want. Everybody keeps asking who do we have. It wouldn't do any good to name names because nobody outside of Johnson Central has herd of any of them because we had a great back in Jude for the last couple of years, but make no mistake the cupbard is not bare and you will know several of them by seasons end.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:I know you can't tell much from the first practice but from what I saw, Jc looked very big ,athletic, and ready to work. We may be "DONE" but I'll guarantee this years team has much higher hopes than just playing with Ashland. I honestly feel this years team will give the Blue birds all they want. Everybody keeps asking who do we have. It wouldn't do any good to name names because nobody outside of Johnson Central has herd of any of them because we had a great back in Jude for the last couple of years, but make no mistake the cupbard is not bare and you will know several of them by seasons end.

Ready to work? I hope they have been working since the final game last year if they want to "give the Blue Birds all they want".
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:I know you can't tell much from the first practice but from what I saw, Jc looked very big ,athletic, and ready to work. We may be "DONE" but I'll guarantee this years team has much higher hopes than just playing with Ashland. I honestly feel this years team will give the Blue birds all they want. Everybody keeps asking who do we have. It wouldn't do any good to name names because nobody outside of Johnson Central has herd of any of them because we had a great back in Jude for the last couple of years, but make no mistake the cupbard is not bare and you will know several of them by seasons end.

I agree, they have some weapons wait and see!!
I hope it is a good year for JCHS. I look for there QB to have a strong year. Last year was his first year starting he should be even better this year.
I think their fullback and tail back will carry them also. Gowns will b a big key for them also!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And after JK Hall and Nate Dillion graduated........

Hall was a stud,I'll give you that one but I dont remember Nate Dillion.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think the tomcat pride person just came from under a rock. If you have not noticed, Johnson central is a power house in the mountains. They don't rebuild they reload. Don't be jealous because your program is not as strongConfusederved:

We had no problem spanking the "power house" last year. Ashland football is one of the most respected programs in the state. We've been winning for a long time, not just in the last eight years.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Johnson Central will beat Ashland to death next year.

There's one thing about it, a Paintsville football fan sure does know how it feels to be beat to death. How long has it been since Paintsville was a factor in football? I can see why your on a Johnson Central thread talking smack after looking at that pathetic schedule. I bet the whole town cant wait for that colossal week one matchup with Paris.
Diogenes Wrote:I bet you Ashland misses Sam Hunter more than JC misses Jude when this season's over.

It's true that Sam will be missed but I look for Aaron Elam to have a big year.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I hope it is a good year for JCHS. I look for there QB to have a strong year. Last year was his first year starting he should be even better this year.

He was scared to death in the game at Putnam last year but who wouldn't be in that role. With Jude gone ,he will have to shoulder alot of the load on offense this year in my opinion.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:There's one thing about it, a Paintsville football fan sure does know how it feels to be beat to death. How long has it been since Paintsville was a factor in football? I can see why your on a Johnson Central thread talking smack after looking at that pathetic schedule. I bet the whole town cant wait for that colossal week one matchup with Paris.
I'm getting ready to say something I never thought I'd say..... But I actually agree with an Ashland fan. :biggrin:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Hall was a stud,I'll give you that one but I dont remember Nate Dillion.
Nate Dillion was #10. I think he graduated in 2010.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think the tomcat pride person just came from under a rock. If you have not noticed, Johnson central is a power house in the mountains. They don't rebuild they reload. Don't be jealous because your program is not as strongConfusederved:
I'm as big of a JC athletics fan as you'll find. I love to talk smack.... And I love my Golden Eagles.

However, I do remember the 90's and the early 2000's when our (JC's) football program was a joke. We had one good season in 2000 when we went 11-1. JC was built in 1968 and that was the first ever undefeated regular season and district championship the school ever had.

Finally, Matney has righted the ship and we are playing football like we should have been for the past 30 years. However, until we have a state championship trophey in the case, it's a far stretch to say JC is more of a powerhouse than Ashland. Ashland has been winning state football titles (1967) before JC was even built.
I hear practice is going well
Tomcat Pride Wrote:We had no problem spanking the "power house" last year. Ashland football is one of the most respected programs in the state. We've been winning for a long time, not just in the last eight years.

Ashland had a very good team last year but I have not heard one Ashland fan acknowledge that last years game should have been played at JC, if the district didn't change . Anyone who follows football knows about homefield Advantage. Ashland won the game fair an square but I doubt no team in Histroy has ever went to Ashland and beat them back to back years at their place. So there is no disgrace for a young JC team to go 1-1 the last two years @ Ashland.