Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central-133 Cordia-49
What the stat line don't tell you in when and the time Hudson, Mullins, Owens, Sumner, and Tackett played.....JV played this game...hope it makes you feel good to run the score up on 7th-9th graders
And as far as Rhodes goes....he is not going anywhere...say a few more prayers that he don't bring in players like he is capable of
This only thing this does is hurt the kids on the losing side !! This will come back to haunt LCC some day !!

Doesnt make LCC look good !!!
How does this game make East Ridge feel since they defeated LC and lost to Cordia?
CoachRhodesFan Wrote:What the stat line don't tell you in when and the time Hudson, Mullins, Owens, Sumner, and Tackett played.....JV played this game...hope it makes you feel good to run the score up on 7th-9th graders

And I hope Rhodes felt stupid for rolling in with a JV squad.
The way i see it I think its Rhodes fault for not playing his varsity.
football3030 Wrote:The way i see it I think its Rhodes fault for not playing his varsity.

I mean.....
If his Varsity got dropped at home by 30....
What did he think the JV would do on the road lol
All anyone is complaining about is hurting the kids feelings. Every player scored at least 3 for LCC! Is it fair to tell those kids not to have fun when they get their chance to play? If my kid was on Cordia's team, I would be disappointed that they allowed a team to score like that, and not mad at the other coach for not telling his kids to shut it down. The kids on the winning team are looking to have fun and do their best just like those on the losing. It's not right to try to hold them back because the other team is unprepared.
CoachRhodesFan Wrote:What the stat line don't tell you in when and the time Hudson, Mullins, Owens, Sumner, and Tackett played.....JV played this game...hope it makes you feel good to run the score up on 7th-9th graders

Knott ran the score up on Cordia with mostly 9th graders.
Just like the post above mine, it's Knott like 5 guys had games like Ballou, their kids further down the bench did some damage. What more can you ask? Cordia should've sit on the ball and dribble clock (they may have tried idk I wasn't there) and quit whining. LCC will destroy them again come 53rd dist.
There's not even an excuse for letting a team score 133 points...
Not with 8 minute quarters and no shot clock lol
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Just like the post above mine, it's Knott like 5 guys had games like Ballou, their kids further down the bench did some damage. What more can you ask? Cordia should've sit on the ball and dribble clock (they may have tried idk I wasn't there) and quit whining. LCC will destroy them again come 53rd dist.

*not
zaga_fan Wrote:There's not even an excuse for letting a team score 133 points...
Not with 8 minute quarters and no shot clock lol

Yes, idiocy.
The whole situation on both sides is sad.
Letcher Central can be a dangerous team if they play like this in the region.
^ They won't be playing JV teams in the tournament.

Rhodes is starting to resemble Kenny Powers (if anyone watches that show).

Let me get this straight....I know that Hudson, Mullins, Owens, Sumner and Tackett are the Varsity starters. A varsity team is normally twelve-fourteen players. Are you telling me that these other boys do not normally dress varsity. If they normally dress varsity, then they are varsity players. If he chose not to dress his normal varsity players and dressed JV (grade school kids) instead, then he needs to be fired. If grade school kids have tried out, and are dressing varsity, then they can't expect special treatment just because they are grade school kids. Braxton Beverly was just a 7th grader last year. He chose to play with the big boys and not only did he not expect them to take it easy on him but he led the PCC team to a regional title and put in a great performance at Rupp.
Worst lose in school history????
Honeycutt and Denny would have never lost this bad
LCC just beat Cordia by 4 points last year
Crazy Horse Wrote:Worst lose in school history????

Honeycutt and Denny were also good coaches lol
Crazy Horse Wrote:Worst lose in school history????

zaga_fan Wrote:Honeycutt and Denny were also good coaches lol

Guys, the preacher who sits on their bench with them coached the LCC at Cordia game and only lost by like 30. Still haven't figured out exactly what happened as far as who played and were they the normal players or the gradeschool team or what. I guess it doesn't really matter. Either way, bad gameplan.
Looks like Rod better head back to Southern California because things are not looking good in Kentucky again.
alice Whitaker may run him out of town faster than pitino did
Say what you want, but no kids deserve to be pressed for 4 quarters by a team that is not even known for pressure defense. Beating someone by 80 + points just shows poor judgement of a coach. If I was Letcher Central's administration this would be the nail in the coffin of a coach that came with such high praise but has not accomplished anything. As a coach you must remember what goes around comes around. I hope it doesn't come back bite his child someday. You must remember these are 14 thru 17 year old boys and they don't deserve to be demoralized.
L O L wow
poor cordia but I got to say

I love it! keep on bringing those out of state kids here and letting them mountains boys show them how to play!
LOL Joel Melton girls didnt ever lose this bad
The hype has faded about this guy. Cordia had talent, more than what people thought they did, and this man did nothing with it. I played for Honeycutt, and I played for Denny and from what I am seeing he is nowhere near there level as a coach. Cordia had a worse team last year and almost took Letcher into overtime. I played with Zach Hurt & Josh Taylor. Our teams would have never let a team beat us that bad. Josh would have hurt an opposing player or started a fight before he allowed that. And we played hard for Honeycutt.

OUCH to this lose.
I am not supporting Cordia or Rhodes. I have kids and would not appreciate them being treated or talked about like you guys talk about Cordia and its Coach. I understand and feel the same way when some people are bragging about an unknown quantity, but to treat kids that way is simply wrong, they don't have control of the situation or outcome.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I am not supporting Cordia or Rhodes. I have kids and would not appreciate them being treated or talked about like you guys talk about Cordia and its Coach. I understand and feel the same way when some people are bragging about an unknown quantity, but to treat kids that way is simply wrong, they don't have control of the situation or outcome.

The things you type on your keboard indicate otherwise.
Combined a 165 point beating!!! The girls team really tried damage control but their score was unavoidable,they didn't press or play starters once the game was in-hand. As for the boys this is classless on LCC's part.The program is in trouble and has been for the past 3 years.To press a team with a 25+ lead is embarrassing, to press a team with a 50+ lead is pathetic, and to press a team up 70+ is just plain stupidity! IMO beating someone 84 is more embarrassing than losing by 84. Reguardless of who was playing for Cordia you DONT press or play starters once the game is out of reach!What message are we sending our kids if we mis-treat other student atheletes this way.We have gotten worse each year since Coach Justice was fired. Talk 3 years ago was that this group of seniors would win the region at least once before graduating and instead we haven't had a single win that can be classified as a BIG win . The talent is there and they could still compete for the title by years end but the players will have to take it upon themselves to turn this thing around. LCC loses a lot of talent and I hope that we are not on the opposite side of these type scores in the future!