Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Matt Robinson going to college?
I preface this post by saying I've never seen this young man play a down of football. Yet, I wonder how many of you clamoring for him to attend EKU and that he can play at that level, have actually ever seen EKU play. Or how many of you know their personnel. My guess is that one, or more appropriately, none have seen EKU play. If he's able, I hope he gets that chance, however, if he can't run, he can't play LB at that level. EKU isn't the SEC, but it's big boy football with LB's who can run sideline to sideline in a blink.

I need to find someone who can teach me some of that speed. Anyone got a ph #?
And for that matter, what is wrong with going to Concord? Or another college for that matter and play at a level that suits a player's ability? We all too often get caught up in the crazy notion that kids got slighted somehow by attending a lesser (in our own goofy minds) college instead of praising the student athlete for getting his/her education paid for.
Good luck Matt where ever you go. Congrats on having the chance to play at the next level. It is an honor you deserve.
Trouble,
My question to you is, "Where did you play?" How do you know so much about it. I know all kinds of kids that have signed and played with EKU and they are not of Matt Robinsons caliber. I dont want him to go to Concord because I would like to go watch him play every now and then. You sound jeolous of him. Must be from Hazard or something.
EKU doesn’t recruit many mountain players. WE all know that many kids in the area can play at that level but they choose to get their players from GA and FL. The Robison kid can flat out play, he has a nose for the football and you can’t coach that.
I know many people that are former players and graduates of EKU and they complain about the lack of support that the Colonel Football team has. My suggestion to the University and the coaching staff: give those country boys a chance.
Why would Hazard be jealouse they just won a State Championship!!
How many all state players did Hazard have this year? Did BJ make 3rd team?
I think he made 3rd team but I am sure they would rather have a ring than be named all-state.
I say go where you feel most comfortable and get the most school dollars. It doesn't
matter NAIA to D1. Go with the best fit and he will succeed as a player and a student. It
sure is nice being able to play ball, get a degree, and walk away owing nothing. Start a
career off ahead of the game.
Dont care how many All State players had. The did win the State Title and thas a great accomplishment. Matt Robinson made 1st Team All State and they have already forgot about it at PCC. They should put something up in the gym or somewhere giving the kid some recognition. Now if they had a 1st team basketball player, they'd have a life sized picture of him put up in the gym. Jaysean may have his picture up soon.
I think a lot of people underestimate the caliber of athletes that play in the OVC and at EKU. Having said that, I do wish EKU would give the kid a shot. After all, other athletes from the mountains have been successful at EKU (Al Holland).
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Dont care how many All State players had. The did win the State Title and thas a great accomplishment. Matt Robinson made 1st Team All State and they have already forgot about it at PCC. They should put something up in the gym or somewhere giving the kid some recognition. Now if they had a 1st team basketball player, they'd have a life sized picture of him put up in the gym. Jaysean may have his picture up soon.

The kid played FOOTBALL not basketball ! Why would you put up a picture of a FOOTBALL PLAYER in a basketball gym? Maybe they plan on showing some recognition at the FOOTBALL STADIUM ! The best time to do it would be this fall.
jw4914 Wrote:I say go where you feel most comfortable and get the most school dollars. It doesn't
matter NAIA to D1. Go with the best fit and he will succeed as a player and a student. It
sure is nice being able to play ball, get a degree, and walk away owing nothing. Start a
career off ahead of the game.

You are right. It dont matter where you play. Get your school payed for. School cost around 100.000 to 125.000 for a four year. I would like to wish Matt the best of luck no matter where he goes. I would like to see him stay in the state where I could watch him play maybe some day.
Well last time I checked, PCC's trophy cases were in the gym. They could at least put his picture in there and hang up his jersey. Ever been to Pikeville High? They sure recognize their ex players accomplishments. Hazard has a room like that at their school also. Perry doesnt have a football stadium last time I checked. They do have a small field they play on though. Holds about 1000 people I think.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Well last time I checked, PCC's trophy cases were in the gym. They could at least put his picture in there and hang up his jersey. Ever been to Pikeville High? They sure recognize their ex players accomplishments. Hazard has a room like that at their school also. Perry doesnt have a football stadium last time I checked. They do have a small field they play on though. Holds about 1000 people I think.

Well please check again! There is another one in the front office at PCC. Last time i checked, Tim Couch's accomplishments for Football were not in Leslie County's Basketball Gym. Everything has its own place.
Does Leslie have a trophy case? Got to win something first dont you?

And that my be one of the reasons why you dont see Tim Couch back in Leslie County much. If you remember, he played basketball and led the state in scoring. They should have a FATHEAD of him up in there gym. Best football player to come out of the mountains.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Does Leslie have a trophy case? Got to win something first dont you?

And that my be one of the reasons why you dont see Tim Couch back in Leslie County much. If you remember, he played basketball and led the state in scoring. They should have a FATHEAD of him up in there gym. Best football player to come out of the mountains.

He does give back to the system. Some people may not have the desire to have their face or name plastered on everything they give. I'm not saying that the Robinson kid should not be recognized by the school ... I think it should be where the gained his accomplishments.
I think his picture and jersey should be in a trophy case somewhere where people can see them. Not many people adults walk into the office at PCC, most of them walk the gym lobby at PCC. They have Cross Country banners up in the gym, cheerleading banners, and pictures of Dilce All A Championship and Napiers Girls Champions. Have Wrestling Banners up to.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I think his picture and jersey should be in a trophy case somewhere where people can see them. Not many people adults walk into the office at PCC, most of them walk the gym lobby at PCC. They have Cross Country banners up in the gym, cheerleading banners, and pictures of Dilce All A Championship and Napiers Girls Champions. Have Wrestling Banners up to.

Dilce & Napier - BASKETBALL

Cross Country - Where they workout?

Cheerleading - Competitions during same season as BASKETBALL

Wrestling - Maybe where they meets ( Don't Know )

Maybe people should visit the front office more offten than just showing up at sporting events.
Maybe you should blow me Goforgold. Hows that sound?
sounds like you should go check out leslie counties trophy case and their football locker and weight room and there is that one little district championship they won this year but i guess thats nothing right.good luck matt go where fits you and you are happy and continue to make your family proud.
all of those district and regional championships are kept in the football weight room.atleslie county go eagles
Maybe Perry Central should hang a banner of Matt's awards at the Perry Central Softball Field!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Why would they want to hang up a banner at their softball field, EKFF?

Matts the best player I have ever saw at PCC. Figured he'd go somewhere a little bigger than UPIKE. Nothing wrong with UPIKE though. As long as your getting your school paid for.
warmachine Wrote:Why would they want to hang up a banner at their softball field, EKFF?

Matts the best player I have ever saw at PCC. Figured he'd go somewhere a little bigger than UPIKE. Nothing wrong with UPIKE though. As long as your getting your school paid for.

Yeah nothing wrong with a UPike at all. Good Education.... Matt will be a 4 year starter there.

The softball field thing is a joke to someone...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Send me a PM, dont really get it.
Robinson was by far the best LB I saw last year.

Did he sign with UPIKE? On one level, I hope he did not.

John Dudley Hilton is firmly entrinched at Robinson's position at UPIKE, and being the coach's son, it may be difficult for Robison to see the field. This is not a slight in any way towards Robinson, but just the "politics" of the situation.
cat86 Wrote:Robinson was by far the best LB I saw last year.

John Dudley Hilton is firmly entrinched at Robinson's position at UPIKE, and being the coach's son, it may be difficult for Robison to see the field. This is not a slight in any way towards Robinson, but just the "politics" of the situation.

:Thumbs: Agree.
warmachine Wrote:Why would they want to hang up a banner at their softball field, EKFF?

Because Ringo thinks Football Banners should be hung in Basketball Gyms !
cat86 Wrote:Robinson was by far the best LB I saw last year.

As good of a player Matt is.....I'm sure he would be successful as an outside LB.......JDH is an All-Conference LB you got to remember, it would be hard taking his place....