Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where is Matt Robinson going to college?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have heard he is going to a school called Concord University. Not how true this is. Why cant Eastern Kentucky University give Matt an offer? The guys has got over 2 million tackles. What else does a guy have to do to get a football ride? :HitWall:
I agree.....only except the 2 million tackle part.....thats a def world record haha
Yeah, it was only a million. haha
Who is this kid?
Brother Xavier Wrote:Who is this kid?

He was a very, very good linebacker for Perry Co. Central. Good size at 6'1, 230lbs
1st Team AP and Courier Journal All-State Linebacker
81 Solo Tackles, 203 total tackles, 1 INT, 3 Fumble Recoveries this season.
Too slow for the FCS level. He's an NAIA / D2 level player and would be a good one at that level.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Too slow for the FCS level. He's an NAIA / D2 level player and would be a good one at that level.

See that's what I was thinking, and Concord could be a good fit for him.
Speed maybe his downfall but I think his nose for the football is incredible. I haven't watched him all year until the boarder bowl game last weekend. Now assuming that most of those kids in that game is college bound somewhere he shined defensively more than any kid out there. Even more than the kid that is going to Kentucky from Central Hardin. When he was in the game his name was called on every tackle weather it was solo or assisted. I was impressed and don't see what he couldn't go to EKU or some other FCS school. Now a BCS school maybe out of question.
Generals2010 Wrote:Speed maybe his downfall but I think his nose for the football is incredible. I haven't watched him all year until the boarder bowl game last weekend. Now assuming that most of those kids in that game is college bound somewhere he shined defensively more than any kid out there. Even more than the kid that is going to Kentucky from Central Hardin. When he was in the game his name was called on every tackle weather it was solo or assisted. I was impressed and don't see what he couldn't go to EKU or some other FCS school. Now a BCS school maybe out of question.

I agree....EKU should be taking a closer look. The kids got three of the first four tackles of the game. If he had a fin on his helmet...they'd be calling him a shark and playing "Jaws" music during the game. Great kid....Excellent player.
You cannot teach a nose for the football. Speed can be taught/coached/trained.
LWC Wrote:You cannot teach a nose for the football. Speed can be taught/coached/trained.

I've always kind of thought the opposite lol
It would be great to see him at EKU.
zaga_fan Wrote:I've always kind of thought the opposite lol

You can teach speed? lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You can teach speed? lol

You can teach someone how to exercise....
I guess that counts lol
I would love to see him go to WKU.
[quote=LWC]You cannot teach a nose for the football. Speed can be taught/coached/trained.[/QUOTE]

Respectfully disagree with that. I think you can refine it and fine tune it , but 95% of it is a God given thing. Some have it, and some dont. That's pretty much the way it is.
I believe he should play FB in College.
He can play but he never did stop Marcum for Lawrence county. Perry won but they could not stop Marcum.
Could not stop Marcum???? They beat the socks off of Lawrence County. Good lord, wouldnt even close.
We may need to look that grades could be a factor. Lets just stay positive. there is a reason this kid isnt playing D1. Im rooting for him though.
sportscritic Wrote:We may need to look that grades could be a factor. Lets just stay positive. there is a reason this kid isnt playing D1. Im rooting for him though.

No, that isn't the problem at all.
All the talents such as speed, athletic ability and nose for the football is a God given talent. Just ask Tebow! But speed is something you can work on through the weight room and training. Having a nose for the football can't be taught IMO. Some of your terrible players have the ability to get to the ball but just can't do anything with it. But there is arguments for both. I just hope he plays somewhere. Good football player period
D1=Linebackers who have nose for the ball and speed, speed, and a little more speed. You can get faster, quicker, mobile but it's usually in the fine tuning sense at the D-1 level.
Matt is the best player to ever come out of the Perry County School System. Might not of been the fastest but he is the BEST. I know there were some great ones like Kidd Fugate, Jerry Brewer, Jeff Gillium, and many more but this kid is the best. Almost makes me not want to go watch another football game around here. Something just isnt right. You'd think Coach Haddix could get him a ride to Western since Hadix went there.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Matt is the best player to ever come out of the Perry County School System. Might not of been the fastest but he is the BEST. I know there were some great ones like Kidd Fugate, Jerry Brewer, Jeff Gillium, and many more but this kid is the best. Almost makes me not want to go watch another football game around here. Something just isnt right. You'd think Coach Haddix could get him a ride to Western since Hadix went there.

Yeah... Matt Robinson should be going to Eastern or Western... Matt would have a nice little career at EKU or WKY

Talked to a few college coaches this year and they really look down on Mountain football.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...Co-Central

The first Perry County Central player to make the first team, Robinson was a tackling machine.

The 6-foot-1, 234-pound Robinson finished with more than 600, including 203 this season (81 solos). He also ran for almost 1,000 yards.

“Matt came in and was a real leader for our team,” coach Justin Haddix said. “A lot of it is instinct with him. He has such good instincts on getting to the football. He’s one of those kids that’s just so competitive and doesn’t want to lose.

“He makes his team better and the number of tackles was just amazing.”

As a junior, Robinson had a little under 200 tackles; he also rushed for 437 yards and 14 touchdowns, caught eight passes for 68 yards and also hauled in a pair of two-point conversions.

Haddix, who played quarterback for Western Kentucky, said Robinson hasn’t drawn a lot of college attention. Concord (W.Va.), Eastern Kentucky and NAIA schools have shown interest.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Matt is the best player to ever come out of the Perry County School System. Might not of been the fastest but he is the BEST. I know there were some great ones like Kidd Fugate, Jerry Brewer, Jeff Gillium, and many more but this kid is the best. Almost makes me not want to go watch another football game around here. Something just isnt right. You'd think Coach Haddix could get him a ride to Western since Hadix went there.

One thing me and you can agree on is Matt could for sure play for Eastern or Western... LOL Maybe the first thing we've ever agreed on.
No doubt in my mind that he can play at EKU. He needs to walk on and have a great career for the Colonels.
:betterthanexpected:
Pages: 1 2 3