Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would win, PIKEVILLE or Johnson Central???
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:O yea,
last year they only won 1 game, and we were like 8-5 i think... we were nothing last year compared to this year

I'm guessing you are talking about 03. You are right, they did win only one game, but last year (04) Matney took over and they were 7-3. The losses weren't exactly blowouts either, but they came from quality teams. In 03 Pikeville would have probably beat them. But last year it just wouldn't have happened.
in 03 we would have dominated them, 04 no domination but we still would have won.... i dont know what makes u think they would have beaten us, u have ur opionion, and i have mine....

But did they have any seniors going to college for football?
I don't know. Did they have any seniors playing last year?
If im not mistaken, they had a very young team this year. i think they only graduated 6-7 starters. I could be wrong though
we graduated 8 this year..... Sad
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:Well as far as i know,
they haven't even won region before.. or have they???
If you know nothing about football, then why do you bother to arguee? lol

Well, I'll say right now that I've forgotten more football then you'll ever know.

Pikeville plays in the WEAKEST region in KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. They play teams like Allen Central and Jenkins. If Pikeville didn't get to the regional title game every year I would be worried. But you see what happens when they get to the big boys ( Beechwood, New Cath). They get destroyed. Last year Johnson Central would have beaten Pikeville. Pikeville's D was very good, but the offense was mediocre. I'm unbiased in my opinion. Definately not a JC fan, but I'm not dumb either. If JC and Pikeville switch Districts, JC wins the region easily and Pikeville doesn't make the playoff IMO. Say what you want Pantherblitz, but until you start respecting people's opinions and stop questioning their football knowledge, and more importantly, as stated in an earlier post, take your Maroon colored glasses off, NOBODY is going to take your posts serious.
gish Wrote:

Well, I'll say right now that I've forgotten more football then you'll ever know.

Pikeville plays in the WEAKEST region in KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. They play teams like Allen Central and Jenkins. If Pikeville didn't get to the regional title game every year I would be worried. But you see what happens when they get to the big boys ( Beechwood, New Cath). They get destroyed. Last year Johnson Central would have beaten Pikeville. Pikeville's D was very good, but the offense was mediocre. I'm unbiased in my opinion. Definately not a JC fan, but I'm not dumb either. If JC and Pikeville switch Districts, JC wins the region easily and Pikeville doesn't make the playoff IMO. Say what you want Pantherblitz, but until you start respecting people's opinions and stop questioning their football knowledge, and more importantly, as stated in an earlier post, take your Maroon colored glasses off, NOBODY is going to take your posts serious.

Well said Gish.
playa3 Wrote:There is no reasoning with some of you Pikeville fans, you only want to look at things through your Maroon colored glasses. Believe me there is great football teams outside of your WEAK region, that would have handed the Panthers an L last season.

In East and Southeastern Ky

2A
Belfry
Prestonsburg (would have beaten them as much as Belfry did)
Breathitt Co.
Corbin

3A
Bell Co.
Rockcastle
Ashland

4A
Johnson Central
South Laurel
North Laurel

In this last few posts you are making quite a fool of yourself. You can have school pride but dont act ignorant. Show some class. Im a Panther fan and do I think we would have won I dont know. I think it would have been a good game though, but why are we even talking about it because they didnt play and probably wont play each other anytime soon.
weak district i agree....but weak region i beg to differ.......Williamsburg was unreal this year i pretty sure greer could have picked the eagles apart and harlan had the number one defense in single A.....im a pantehr fan too and i agree it would l be really close JC could very well come out with a W but no one plays with more heart than the panthers and as for blitz42.......show some class bro
liveMAROON Wrote:weak district i agree....but weak region i beg to differ.......Williamsburg was unreal this year i pretty sure greer could have picked the eagles apart and harlan had the number one defense in single A.....im a pantehr fan too and i agree it would l be really close JC could very well come out with a W but no one plays with more heart than the panthers and as for blitz42.......show some class bro

Harlan and Williamsburg played against WEAK teams! Harlan may have been #1 defense in A, but that was against cupcakes. Johnson Central is not in single A. We could all argue until we are blue in the face. But in all honesty, we'll never know.
We may play in a weak region.... But that didn't stop us from winning 4 state titles, a weak region can effect a team majorly, it dose us every year, we actually play about 3 games out of the regular season that are tough. As liveMAROON said, it would have been a close game, but we would have picked thier offense apart,
but we'll never know, as i've said TWICE already
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:We may play in a weak region.... But that didn't stop us from winning 4 state titles, a weak region can effect a team majorly, it dose us every year, we actually play about 3 games out of the regular season that are tough. As liveMAROON said, it would have been a close game, but we would have picked thier offense apart,

First off it was three. And second, how long are you all going to live off those state titles? You didn't win them, and I would venture to say that the region wasn't as week then. What does winning 3 state titles 15 years ago have to do with a weak region and playing Johnson Central? If you all won state last year then I wouldn't have made the comment about a weak region, but the fact is you all won a weak region and then got destroyed by Beechwood. Showing that you all are just a big fish in a small pond.
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:We may play in a weak region.... But that didn't stop us from winning 4 state titles, a weak region can effect a team majorly, it dose us every year, we actually play about 3 games out of the regular season that are tough. As liveMAROON said, it would have been a close game, but we would have picked thier offense apart,
When are the current Pikeville players and fans going to stop living off the 87, 88, and 89 state championships??
I would venture to say most of the current players and Pikeville posters weren't even alive when those titles were won.
I know certainly the current Pikeville teams are a mere shadow of those championship teams.
Also, Johnson Central beat Paintsville 48-6 and the game was a rout in the 1st quarter and was over at halftime while Pikeville had their hands full with Paintsville til the 4th quarter.
Johnson Central would have beaten Pikeville last yeaar by 3 TD's.
I saw them both play, did you?
Partner, This last year, the ville would have dominated JC, with Shurtleff, Sullivan, and Huffman,(Just to mention a few.) I don't care who you are, you ALL know with this last year, we would DOMINATE. But now we are loosing this senior bunch, and mabie Mac, it would be a tough game for us, if we won, it would be CLOSE!!!
Thanks man child jr.
i wouldn't say dominated, but then again ya never know, yea it was close until after the 1st Q, then the MAROON and WHITE kicked in and it was all downhill for paintsville from there..except a good kick return

Sullivan and Shurtlef would have went wild, i wouldn't compare scores, cause thats not usually how it would turn out.

Yes we play in the weakest region ever, but thats not our fault,
Harlan and Willamsburg were exceptionally good this year, with Weston out for the Beechwood game, were weren't even 80%........... All they had to do was concentrate on Shurtlef, though even if we had Weston, we proably wouldn't have won, but we wouldn't have lost by nearly that much, i'd say about 10-20 points, last years Panthers were the best team we've had in a while, and i dont think many who have posted here know what they could do at 100% on a good night, yea we got beat by the a 3A team, which we stayed close until the 4th, and yea we got dominated by the defending 2A state champions, and by a team thats great every year, we've beaten them before, they've beaten us (more than we've beaten them ill say) but still, a weak region dosen't stop a team from doing good
ManChild Jr. Wrote:Partner, This last year, the ville would have dominated JC, with Shurtleff, Sullivan, and Huffman,(Just to mention a few.) I don't care who you are, you ALL know with this last year, we would DOMINATE. But now we are loosing this senior bunch, and mabie Mac, it would be a tough game for us, if we won, it would be CLOSE!!!
Child, welcome to BGR!!!
Last year Pikeville had trouble dominating the teams in their district,(please don't insult me by bringing up AC, Phelps, Jenkins, or FNeon) much less, the most improved team in 4A.
BTW, when is the ville going to stop talking and start working out in the weightroom to beat teams the likes of Beechwood, NCC, Belfry,etc???
The ones that aren't playing other sports, or working like myself, are up in the weight room busting their butts, i've heard Slayer has them doing 100 push ups a day
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:The ones that aren't playing other sports, or working like myself, are up in the weight room busting their butts, i've heard Slayer has them doing 100 push ups a day
I heard Beechwood does 200 per day. Smile
To beat the others you must work harder than them!
Hmm lol
and where did you hear this from????
i would be impressed to see a high school student do 200, without stopping, i know their are kids out there that can do that, but i haven't heard of any around here.... But yes, sadly as hard as the kids work in the weight room, none of them eat right at all, eatting is 80% of a workout, the rest is actually doing it
You mean to tell me that your basketball players that play football don't lift weights until its over? That's a shame.
It is, they lift when they can, which totals about 10 days overall for them.... Thomas dosen't want them to i guess
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:It is, they lift when they can, which totals about 10 days overall for them.... Thomas dosen't want them to i guess

That sucks for those players. Prestonsburg is lucky to have a coach like Jackie Day Crisp who works with Coach Derossett in a way that benefits both coaches and players. How does coach Mac feel about this? How many kids do you all have lifting?
One of my close family friends played at Pburg. He was a pitcher and a basketball player. Before games, they had to go lift then go do their thing in their other respective sports. Pburg football is the way it should be done. Sure Pikeville may have got the best of them early on in the season, but in the end the Blackcats would've mauled them. JC would've won a game if they played, I honestly don't think they would have an answer for the Blume kid. One of the fastest natural runners I've ever seen. I think the only one better than him has to be Dontae Wright.
lol
actually we had two anwsers,
Robert Shurtleff
Josh Sullivan
both are going to college to play football, Robert is a incredible Full Back and Line Backer, and Josh was the meanest D-limemen around
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:lol
Robert Shurtleff
Josh Sullivan
both are going to college to play football, Robert is a incredible Full Back and Line Backer, and Josh was the meanest D-limemen around

Blume could've out ran these kids backwards. If he hit the corner he was gone. Sullivan is on the line and Shurtleff would have to get out of the box to even attempt to make a tackle. So they wouldn't have been very effective in stopping the outside game. If they start cheating on the outside they had a pretty decent fullback that would stick it up the gut, much like Belfry did with their fullback.
liveMAROON Wrote:weak district i agree....but weak region i beg to differ.......Williamsburg was unreal this year i pretty sure greer could have picked the eagles apart and harlan had the number one defense in single A.....im a pantehr fan too and i agree it would l be really close JC could very well come out with a W but no one plays with more heart than the panthers and as for blitz42.......show some class bro

Great point LiveMaroon

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:18 pm:

Flowmaster Wrote:
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:lol
Robert Shurtleff
Josh Sullivan

Blume could've out ran these kids backwards. If he hit the corner he was gone. Sullivan is on the line and Shurtleff would have to get out of the box to even attempt to make a tackle. So they wouldn't have been very effective in stopping the outside game. If they start cheating on the outside they had a pretty decent that would stick it up the gut, much like Belfry did with their .

Man it don't matter how frigin fast u are if u get hit by Robert or Sullivan ur gonna stay down for a few seconds. I know this for a fact, cause David Jones runs a 10.47 100 meter dash and when Sullivan hit him he didn't pop right back up it took him a few seconds to get up and he and everyone else knew he took a hell of a hit. Robert and Sullivan are both Meaner than a dog s*** tacks and everyone knows it!

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:36 pm:

gish Wrote:

First off it was three. And second, how long are you all going to live off those state titles? You didn't win them, and I would venture to say that the region wasn't as week then. What does winning 3 state titles 15 years ago have to do with a weak region and playing Johnson Central? If you all won state last year then I wouldn't have made the comment about a weak region, but the fact is you all won a weak region and then got destroyed by Beechwood. Showing that you all are just a big fish in a small pond.

Yeah well if i were u i'd get my $hit straight before i said it cause we won 4...55, 87, 88, 89 and were Class A state runner up in 90, 91, and 92. So if u ask me we should be able to brag about that cause 6 trips to state in 6 years is somethin if u ask me and only three teams in the state of KY has ever went to state 2 years + in a row and won and it was Pikeville with 3, might i say the most ever, Belfry with 2, and i think the other team was Beechwood with 2(but i could be mistaken, it might not have been beechwood, i'm pretty sure tho) so we've got braggin rights...You don't. Man if beechwood wouldn't have been as good as they were we would have won state. Beechwood was the best football team in the state of KY this year, they were the best and they deserved what they got, them last year to this year was a huge step up, i should know cause i went and watched them last and the year before. they were The best and they deserved it and if they'd of played JC they would have kicked ur all's butts worse than what they had us cause we didn't have a starting tail back and our replacements were two twin brothers who were freshman and were inexpericenced, any one would be if they were just thrown in there 2 weeks before and had to play. But Pikeville took a beating from Beachwood just as JC would have or any other team that would have played them this year.
The only reason Sullivan hit him is because he ran it up the middle. Blume doesn't run up the middle, he runs outside and around everyone. Hits the corner faster than anyone I've ever seen, and that includes my college days at Akron. So I think they still wouldn't have been able to stop him. I don't care how mean you are or if you do poop tacks, if you can't catch him you can't tackle him. Blume is the fastest kid right now in EKY.
Country Boy has a point... lol
If you take a hit from ethier Shurtleff or Sullivan, ur going down, and ur gonna stay down for a while, i can tell u from experience, they aren't ur average players...even though u may think they are, and besides,
even though Josh was on the line, i can bet he'd be in the backfield most of the time, they would have also had to deal with Brett Gibson, Jess Parish, Casey Rowe, Jeremy Caudil, and John Michael for starters... These are all great players, which im sure JC has players of equal playing ability and talent, but i dont think any of them went or are going to college are they?
So country boy how long are you all going to live off of those trips to state? 1955? that was 60 years ago get over it. You all haven't sniffed a trip to Louisville since 99? I guess I didn't have my stuff straight because 55 is ancient. Yes Pikeville USED to be a state power, but those days are gone.
And BTW Beechwood was not the best team in the entire state. Out of the teams that won state, Beechwood would be ranked #4. But if you want to tell yourself that to make you feel better be my guest. LOL If Beechwood wasn't so good you all would have won state? If a frog had wings it wouldn't bust it's ass everytime it hopped.