Poll: Who You Got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pike Central Hawks
36.99%
Breathitt County Bobcats
63.01%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Pike Central @ #1 Breathitt County (3A 2nd Round)
Breathitt 42
Pike Cen 27
bcpc Wrote:Dont think this will be a high scoring game at all. John Paul knows the play b4 trent calls it, he will defend the breathitt O. BUT............. BHS has a great 1-2 punch with trent and collins and they will grind it out. 21-14 BOBCATS

the last time Chapman faced Breahitt,i think he was at Pikeville and they lost 35-0,i think
Should be a great game, both teams really haven't been tested this season. Breathitt did play a very good Somerset and Hazard squad, but that has a few weeks back and since then haven't been challenged yet in a game. Chapman and Holcomb know each other like the back of their hands. This game will come down to execution, athleticism and who wants it the most. I think it will be a close game til late in the third quarter, then I believe Breathitt will pull away and win by 2 or 3 td's. Should be a very exciting atmosphere in Jackson next Friday, all I can say is get your seat early!
Pike has nobody the caliber of Will Tom Collins. He will be the difference. Breathitt 48 Pike Central 14
Pike by 10+
I think this game will test Breathitt's defense more than anyone has tested them in a couple months, especially the secondary. Bottom line, if Breathitt wants to get to where they want to be, they need to win games like this. Lose this game, and they very well might, they do not deserve to go on. All that being said, I think Breathitt wins in a shootout.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Changing my prediction

B.C. 49
p.c. 42
breathitt by 7
#2 Pike County Central 28
#1 Breathitt County 34
Pike Central will take care of business in this one, I think it will come down to the defense of each team, Breathitt is a running team, Pike Central is a passing team, if Pike Central can step up the run defense, they win, if Breathitt runs as well as Belfry...Bobcats win, I just don't think Breathitt can run as well as Belfry! I know Pike Centrals pass defense can stop Breathitt...PCC has 3 or 4 games this season with 0 passing yards given up! Should be a good hard hitting game this Friday night, and the prize for winning, is a match-up with Belfry at the CAM! Mountain Football......Gotta love it!!!
Who ever wins this contest will face Belfry @ Belfry the next week and their season will end. Just MO!
When Breathitt wins friday night,and if Belfry wins they play @ Breathitt. I dont thank PC d can stop the running game of Collins & Trent.Hope everyone has a good game with no injury.
Breathitts O is to much for pc and there d is to strong bhs by 2-3tds then they got belfry
Breathitt by 21+

Breathitt 38-26
My understanding is if Breathitt wins, Belfry is making the long long trek to the riverbank. Almost positive about this. Can anyone confirm?
jdnoble18 Wrote:My understanding is if Breathitt wins, Belfry is making the long long trek to the riverbank. Almost positive about this. Can anyone confirm?

Yes if Breathitt and Belfry both win this week, Belfry will have to travel to Jackson to face the Bobcats. Odd year=odd district gets home field.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Yes if Breathitt and Belfry both win this week, Belfry will have to travel to Jackson to face the Bobcats. Odd year=odd district gets home field.

Could be a good thing or a bad thing. I think that Breathitt plays better on the road.

Breathitt by 12
jdnoble18 Wrote:My understanding is if Breathitt wins, Belfry is making the long long trek to the riverbank. Almost positive about this. Can anyone confirm?
Yes you are right.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Could be a good thing or a bad thing. I think that Breathitt plays better on the road.

Not disagreeing with you, but Breathitt has only played 4 of their 11 games on the road and none of those would be considered a real challenge:

@ Letcher Central (W) 35-14
@ Magoffin County (W) 56-14
@ Knott Central (W) 47-0
@ Clay County (W) 41-16

FWIW, Belfry on the road:

@ Lex. Henry Clay (W) 34-21
@ Pburg (W) 48-30
@ East Ridge (W) 54-0
@ Pike Central (W) 52-20

Breathitt is always VERY tough in Jackson...especially come November.
Why would John Paul Chapman want revenge? Holcomb and Chapman are really great friends and from what i here chapman will in bobcat blue next year.( where he belongs)
I kind of have two predictions. The first one is if the bobcats get to Allan Boggs early and cause him to throm some picks early in the game.
Bobcats-47
Hawks-13

The next predictions is if Boggs doesn't have no turnovers
Bobcats-34
Hawks-21
This will be a high scoring game

BC-45
PC-28
Breathitt Rolls in this one. This will be one great game to watch, however Richard Trent and Will Collins will be too much for PC on offense. Travis Smith, Cody Combs, and Zach Gross will have some big stops in this game. IMO it will be a long night for PC players and fans. Cant wait for this game!
I think that PCC will move the ball from 20-20 but have trouble when the field shortens and Breathitt bends, but does not break, much like Belfry did in their game against PCC. PCC's QB had 336 yards but the team only scored 20 points. If Breathitt can limit the big play and make PCC's offense work they win big. Line play and special teams will also be a big factor in this game.

Pickin the Hawks in the mild upset.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Breathitt Co finally gets to prove that they belong in the conversation about a state championship. All I've heard people say how weak of schedule the bobcats have, well it might not be a strong as it has in the past. You don't know how strong a team is going to be 2 years prior. Estill Co is usually a pretty tough team but they were down, Letcher Central is usually force to reckon with and they were better early in the season. Newport in the late 90's was power house but they have been down the last couple of years. At the time Somerset was rated over Breathitt and the bobcats man handled them in all aspects of the game. Then Hazard came to town and jump on us right off the bat due to 3 turnovers and had a 3 touchdown lead and the bobcats settled down and shut down the bulldogs the second half.Morgan Co came in with there best record every and the bobcats destroyed them 68-6. Then Clay co was a big dissapointment consider that they lost to Garrad Co by 1 point the first game of the season. Breathitt Co Schedule is not weak nor is strong, it is an average schedule.
hawks by 6
breithitt co by 3 or 4 scores!