Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #2 Pike Central @ #1 Breathitt County (3A 2nd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This one should be a dandy of a football game.

Discuss Away.
Definitely has some interesting storylines going.

Protecting the football and eliminating mental errors will be paramount for the Hawks to have a shot.
Bobcats should roll in this one!!! Great atmosphere under the big roof for a game in Jackson, hard to go in there and get a win.
GOOD LUCK HAWKS this is your year seniors go and prove the HAWKS deserve to be in the playoffs.HAWKS by 8.
John Chapman and Cory Shouse vs. Their former team

Bobcats roll
Coach Champman returns home, and leaves dissapointed.
BC-46
PCC-24
i like pcc in this game.
Breathitt Co. will roll in this one. PCC is a very good team though.
Hawks, please prove me wrong in this one.

Breathitt 37
Central 22

Let's go HAWKS!
Anybody thinks this is going to be a blow out . Better think again. I think this is going to be one hell of a game. Go Hawks
hawkeye Wrote:Anybody thinks this is going to be a blow out . Better think again. I think this is going to be one hell of a game. Go Hawks

I agree I think this will be a great game! Breathitt hasn't been tested much all year, and has played a very very weak schedule. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Hawks win this one.
^^^Hopefully.
breathitt might make it past this one but would love to see john paul get revenge on breathitt. breathitt doesnt beat belfry next round though!
Hawks season ends in this one!
what Wrote:breathitt might make it past this one but would love to see john paul get revenge on breathitt. breathitt doesnt beat belfry next round though!
John Paul Chapman's son is also a coach at Breathitt. I don't know what revenge your talking about, he took a head coaching job. I don't know of any coach that would not leave a school to better their self. I think that either team can win this, it will be determined by who makes mistakes and who doesn't. I am cheering on the Hawks, I think if they play their game they can upset the Bobcats.
I think Pike Central keeps this closer than anyone imagines, and possibly pulls out a win.
what Wrote:love to see john paul get revenge on breathitt.
Don't think revenge is a factor here at all. Chapman was just tryin to get paid and Wagner was willing to pay him. Don't blame Chapman at all.

I am sure Chapman would love to be the pupil that beat the teacher though.

This really is a crazy game because I could see Pike Central pulling an upset just as much as I could see them losing for 4-5 TD's. When PC is "on" and they are able to hang on to the ball they can compete with anyone in the Eastern Semi-State.

PC's biggest weakness is blatant. They simply aren't very deep whatsoever, and most of all they are not deep in the trenches. Breathitt is not built to dominate you physically at the LOS, and they aren't necessarily a super deep team either. Where PC will struggle with Breathitt is their quickness and their ability to put more pressure on Boggs then he has seen all year. If PC can capitalize on this and not turn it over they legitimately could have a shot. The Smith kid is the key to PC's success IMO. If they can establish a running game and force Breathitt to honor it, that will give Boggs the extra second he needs when he is set up to throw.
i heard the Bobcats are preatty physical this year and you know how PC does against those type of teams,but i do hope they win this one so if Belfry wins,they get another home game..
Breathitt County - 35
Pike Central - 21
This is another match up that stinks for me, being Central is my 2nd fav team in the state and Breathitt is a team I really like.
To the game I want Central as everyone knows.
I. M. O. The only way I can see Central winning is NO TURNOVERS and they have to jump out to a two score lead.
Boggs and company all will need to play better than they ever have in the football careers and the coaching staff especially on the defensive side of the ball will have to add a few new wrinkles
I also think Central will have to find a hidden star to take away the pressure from the usual studs they have.
My prediction
B.C. 49
P.C. 28
Breathitt Co 85
Pike Co Central 6
Dont think this will be a high scoring game at all. John Paul knows the play b4 trent calls it, he will defend the breathitt O. BUT............. BHS has a great 1-2 punch with trent and collins and they will grind it out. 21-14 BOBCATS
Real Badman Wrote:Breathitt Co 85
Pike Co Central 6

This is a strong possibility.
Don't think revenge is a factor here at all. Chapman was just tryin to get paid and Wagner was willing to pay him. Don't blame Chapman at all.

What is chapman getting paid?
Breathitt County will be too much for the Hawks. Bobcats 40-21.
PCC is a very good team, i watched them run all over my Hornets tonight, which was by no means a surprise but Breathitt is just to much for them to handle. Breathitt rolls in this one
Belfry_99 Wrote:I agree I think this will be a great game! Breathitt hasn't been tested much all year, and has played a very very weak schedule. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Hawks win this one.

i would never have thought someone from belfry would have said this lol
This should be a very good game! I think Pike Central can pull off the upset, but they will have to play their A game, with a minimum of mistakes.
At home Bobcats will roll past the Hawks by at least two td's
Our weakness is our pass defense.If P.C. can complete passes it will be a good game.If they can't then we win big because they CAN NOT stop our offense;even if John Paul knows every play we are gonna run.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5