Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
Bell County High School is the only high school in the Bell County Schools after the consolidation of Bell County High School and Lone Jack High School in the 1980s. It is located in Bell County, Kentucky and accommodates grades 9-12. Commonly referred to as BCHS or Bell High, the current building was built after the flood of 1977 and succeeds the former high school (now known as Old Bell County High School, or simply Old Bell High) which is located in a flood plain and was heavily flooded in '77. Today's campus sits on a hill above US 25E about 3 miles (5 km) south of the county seat of Pineville.
GridIronGod Wrote:Really? This is the most absurd thing I have read on this thread, 55-19?
Wait and see what the scoreboard says Friday night...
Bell won by 35 last year...
Is winning by 36 this year not possible?
HAT51 Wrote:Talking about a cupcake schedule. Bell Co has played only one good team. No comparison to schedule with these two teams.
Cath is great.
^ and Harlan county has scheduled the top teams in the country this year.
Do any of there wins beside Perry come from a team with a winning record?
As of a few weeks ago that was a big NO
shot_calla Wrote:Harlan wouldn't schedule em...
that's what would happen

Not sure why you say that because I'd be willing to bet that Coach Larkey has played Bell County more than any other coach in history. This will be the 25th Meeting.

Coach Larkey vs. Bell County 10-14

1974:
Laurel County 13
Bell County 12

1975:
Laurel County 20
Bell County 0

1985:
Rockcastle County 8
Bell County 52

1986:
Rockcastle County 6
Bell County 17

1987:
Rockcastle County 0
Bell County 20

1988:
Rockcastle County 6
Bell County 32

1989:
Rockcastle County 12
Bell County 13

1990:
Rockcastle County 6
Bell County 30

1999:
Rockcastle County 7
Bell County 19

2000:
Rockcastle County 26
Bell County 0

2001:
Rockcastle County 34
Bell County 2

2001: Part II (Regional Championship)
Rockcastle County 28
Bell County 14

2002:
Rockcastle County 14
Bell County 7

2002: Part II (Regional Championship)
Rockcastle County 31
Bell County 14

2003:
Rockcastle County 12
Bell County 28

2004:
Rockcastle County 7
Bell County 56

2005:
Rockcastle County 29
Bell County 33

2005: Part II (Regional Championship)
Rockcastle County 21
Bell County 0

2006:
Rockcastle County 18
Bell County 14

2006: Part II (District Playoff Championship)
Rockcastle County 13
Bell County 0

2007:
Rockcastle County 0
Bell County 24

2007: Part II (District Playoff Championship)
Rockcastle County 0
Bell County 35

2009:
Harlan County 14
Bell County 41

2010:
Harlan County 0
Bell County 35

If it were not for Harlan County playing Bell County and vice versa then Harlan County would not even have a JV or Freshmen season because I think they combined to play like 6 times this year because no one else would play even in JV or freshmen. So both programs should be backing each other since they are the only ones that will play each other. I'm shocked that there isn't more of a friendly tone between the two schools considering the distance and tradition of both county's.

Like Mama Bear said, Bell County is already consolidated. That would be like Harlan County consolidating again with Harlan Ind.
Bell County is a COUNTY school just like Harlan County.
^
Larkey is 10-15 all time against Bell
3wishes Wrote:Not sure why you say that because I'd be willing to bet that Coach Larkey has played Bell County more than any other coach in history. This will be the 25th Meeting.

Coach Larkey vs. Bell County 10-14

1974:
Laurel County 13
Bell County 12

1975:
Laurel County 20
Bell County 0

1985:
Rockcastle County 8
Bell County 52

1986:
Rockcastle County 6
Bell County 17

1987:
Rockcastle County 0
Bell County 20

1988:
Rockcastle County 6
Bell County 32

1989:
Rockcastle County 12
Bell County 13

1990:
Rockcastle County 6
Bell County 30

1999:
Rockcastle County 7
Bell County 19

2000:
Rockcastle County 26
Bell County 0

2001:
Rockcastle County 34
Bell County 2

2001: Part II (Regional Championship)
Rockcastle County 28
Bell County 14

2002:
Rockcastle County 14
Bell County 7

2002: Part II (Regional Championship)
Rockcastle County 31
Bell County 14

2003:
Rockcastle County 12
Bell County 28

2004:
Rockcastle County 7
Bell County 56

2005:
Rockcastle County 29
Bell County 33

2005: Part II (Regional Championship)
Rockcastle County 21
Bell County 0

2006:
Rockcastle County 18
Bell County 14

2006: Part II (District Playoff Championship)
Rockcastle County 13
Bell County 0

2007:
Rockcastle County 0
Bell County 24

2007: Part II (District Playoff Championship)
Rockcastle County 0
Bell County 35

2009:
Harlan County 14
Bell County 41

2010:
Harlan County 0
Bell County 35

If it were not for Harlan County playing Bell County and vice versa then Harlan County would not even have a JV or Freshmen season because I think they combined to play like 6 times this year because no one else would play even in JV or freshmen. So both programs should be backing each other since they are the only ones that will play each other. I'm shocked that there isn't more of a friendly tone between the two schools considering the distance and tradition of both county's.

Like Mama Bear said, Bell County is already consolidated. That would be like Harlan County consolidating again with Harlan Ind.
Bell County is a COUNTY school just like Harlan County.

It was a joke bro...
But weren't Rock and Bell in the same district?
Making those games scheduled by default
shot_calla Wrote:^ and Harlan county has scheduled the top teams in the country this year.
Do any of there wins beside Perry come from a team with a winning record?
As of a few weeks ago that was a big NO

If that comes into play then I guess the fact that Bell's last 4 opponents have a total of 11 wins. Throw in Whitley (common opponent) 3 wins and Middlesboro 3 wins and your left with Lafayette, Catholic and Wayne County.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Larkey is 10-15 all time against Bell

Are you counting this Friday because there are just 24 years listed.
3wishes Wrote:If that comes into play then I guess the fact that Bell's last 4 opponents have a total of 11 wins. Throw in Whitley (common opponent) 3 wins and Middlesboro 3 wins and your left with Lafayette, Catholic and Wayne County.

Sorry....
You must have missed the part where I didn't defend Bell's schedule.
Neither of these teams have played anyone.

Bell County is a COUNTY school just like Harlan County.[/QUOTE]

I agree 3 wishes it is a shame that none of the area schools will play. Especially the 5A schools that are close. When Bell Co and Harlan Co has to go to Hazard to play JV game there is something wrong.
harlancounty51 Wrote:there wouldnt be much difference other than some depth. i doubt there would be a handful from the other teams to even take anyones spot at bell maybe 3. just my opinion
For Certain At Quarterback to start with.
Chase is the real deal.
Then Depth as you said..Both sides of the ball Defense and offense..
which goes along way in the playoffs and injuries.
and more talented players to throw to too add to an already
excellent selection.
They are already great..But as most any teams
they still have room for improvement.
Hottest ticket in the mountains, should be a fun matchup. Coach Larkey is building a state championship-caliber program at Harlan County. But to be the man, you have to beat the man. And Bell County is the "man", especially playing at home. I think Bell wins in a close one. But Harlan County is closing fast.
Where are you Bobcat Dad haven't heard from you all day?
I have nothing but respect for Bell County and you always have to defend your team . But always making a comeback about the past games is ridiculous because teams always change. This thread compares the teams on either offense or defense against each other, look at them as a whole. Harlan County is a more "complete" team. It always helps to have speed and a back with speed but speed doesnt always give him the opportunity to score, those 5+ guys upfront are what gives the back a chance.

It's strange because bell might have a couple of receivers that have caught Td's and a back that scores all your TD's but Harlan County has three options:
-mcmillian whose more of a follow the blocks break away with speed guy.
-Middleton whose a power back that runs with some speed.
-brewer who can throw the ball a little bit and follow his blocks for yardage.

^ four since brewer can throw a little bit
You have too see it this way you might stop one back but what about the other weapons. Happens in every level of football.
3wishes Wrote:are you counting this friday because there are just 24 years listed.

*10-14
[B]It's strange because bell might have a couple of receivers that have caught Td's and a back that scores all your TD's but Harlan County has three options:

[/B]

I like how most everyone looks at this Bell co. team as a Corey D. lead team. Guys look at his carries.....whats he averaging like 9 carries a game? In your average game most teams will see 45-55 snaps. That means hes only touching the ball around 18% of the time. So, there has to be others backs you should be lookin at and preparing for.

Here is another ? Which OL will show up for Bell Co., as a fan I have watched them couple times this season and they need to be more consistant and play with more intensity and get after it with a much larger chip on their shoulder not much respect has been given to you as a group!
Trenches07 Wrote:[B]It's strange because bell might have a couple of receivers that have caught Td's and a back that scores all your TD's but Harlan County has three options:

[/B]

I like how most everyone looks at this Bell co. team as a Corey D. lead team. Guys look at his carries.....whats he averaging like 9 carries a game? In your average game most teams will see 45-55 snaps. That means hes only touching the ball around 18% of the time. So, there has to be others backs you should be lookin at and preparing for.

Here is another ? Which OL will show up for Bell Co., as a fan I have watched them couple times this season and they need to be more consistant and play with more intensity and get after it with a much larger chip on their shoulder not much respect has been given to you as a group!

I'm glad you & the HC poster bring this up. I said in an earlier post, this Bell County team isn't all Davenport. Yea he's leading the team in yds and touchdowns, but thats because more often than not if he touches the ball its a huge gain, if not a TD. No ones been able to consistently put a stop to him for 4 quarters. Let's not forget though, Bell County has some diversity in the backfield to. Davenport has some of the best vision and cuts I've seen in the mountains, to go along with blazing speed. Polly hasn't had a bunch of touches but when he touches it, he'll get yards. He runs with power and speed. If Davenport wasn't here, the boy would be a star. Collett is so small and has such a good burst of speed, he can break some open as well, incredibly elusive. Oslonian has a heck of an arm, but seems like he wants to run it more, and he's improved as a runner every week. I in no way think HC has any kind of advantage over Bell running or throwing the ball. No one seems to mention the instant impact Polly has had on the defense making the move to linebacker, Bells defense held Kyle Bolin to 228 total yards, 215 passing and 13 rushing. I know Lex Cath has improved since game 1, but so has Bell Co, and to a post earlier claiming Brewer will have 250+ total yards..I just don't see it happening.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:4 times actually, but still unmatched in the past decade.
Your right EKU ALUM5, It is four times in the last decade. Has Coach been there six times himself or did Belfry make it before he came
Filthy Animal Wrote:[SIZE="2"]

Which ONE would that be ?....HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!.. :lmao:

:haters:

what's the bet?[/SIZE]

:pondering:

The bet? Bell wins you use the bell avatar until next years game, harlan wins I use the avatar of your choice til next years game.
NothingTrivial Wrote:The bet? Bell wins you use the bell avatar until next years game, harlan wins I use the avatar of your choice til next years game.
YIKES..be careful friend..what if You get stuck with a Tennesee Vol Avatar!!
:Shaking:
Getting closer all the time.
NothingTrivial Wrote:The bet? Bell wins you use the bell avatar until next years game, harlan wins I use the avatar of your choice til next years game.

Tell you what!....lets make it untill after State...and you got a deal!....:Thumbs:

Cause this girl wouldn't want to make ANYBODY have TN as their avatar for a whole year!...lol...:devilflam
Filthy Animal Wrote:Tell you what!....lets make it untill after State...and you got a deal!....:Thumbs:

Cause this girl wouldn't want to make ANYBODY have TN as their avatar for a whole year!...lol...:devilflam

I wouldn't want one that long either.
Filthy Animal Wrote:Tell you what!....lets make it untill after State...and you got a deal!....:Thumbs:

Ill take that, until after state it is.
harlancounty51 Wrote:hats some insane reasoning above me here. if thats the case if lafyette puts 28 or 30 on bell (cant remember the score right off hand) and lafyette only put 22 on GRC and harlan county put 57 on GRC then does that mean they can put 50 on bell?.................btw 35-27 HC

btw Bell shut Lafayette out in the second half. They couldn't and didnt score on them. On another note Harlan has had a lot of points put up on them in some games. All that matters is a good football game is coming Friday. Good playing on the Mountain with two solid teams. Pulling for the CATS.
HC all the way
Amped 88 Wrote:I wouldn't want one that long either.

That's what she said!
Story about the game.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...eft_column
TopCat Wrote:Story about the game.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...eft_column

Good article
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next