Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County vs Harlan County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Here we go who wins and why?
Harlan Co. wins because they are just too physical and there offensive line is phenominal, coaching does help a little bit too..
EPIC BATTLE

Tossup IMHO...Harlan has been vulnerable on D the past few weeks, but I am not sure the Bobcats have been prepared for the Bears offensive onslaught.
Hc-28
bc- 14
The matchup a lot of us has been waiting for all year.

This is a deff a toss-up.

I like HC to win this year, I've said all year this will be the year HC knocks off Bell to prove they are the king of the Mts but Bell Co dont lose at Log Mountain. This game is hard to pick.
We finally get over the hump against the Bobcats.

35 - 21 HC.
Just watched the Harlan Co. and Perry Cen. game tonight , have to admit I really expected more from PC. They were pretty small up front, HC looked pretty good but still believe they are not prepared for the speed of Bell on both sides of the ball. But we will see next week, Bell hears the the same thing everytime they match up against another good team. Honestly, if Bell shows up with their A game, HC will go home disappointed again. HC is a really good team but I dont think they are there yet. Hope both teams plays well and stays safe.
Start a pole and hand out the koolaid.
HC wins. Their offense will be too much in the end I think.
I have seen both and HC looks better than Bell this year.
HC 28
Bell 21
Bell county will win this game 51 42
Harlan County can win this game, but they have to eliminate the penalties, turnovers, and play a little better defensively. They can win, they should expect to win, but they will have to show up ready to play!
Bell Co. still takes this one, for multiple reasons. 1. Harlan Co. has yet to play close with Bell, if it was a close game last year, it would make a difference on the confidence level, but they have big mental hurdles to overcome. 2. Bell Co. has played the tougher schedule, and has seen teams with more speed than Harlan Co. Lexington Catholic is a much faster, more dynamic team than Harlan Co., and Bell should have won that game. 3. Team Speed. Harlan Co. was torched by George Rogers Clark for a bit, solely by 1 player, Bell has a speedy back as well, with a much better team than GRC. 4. It's at Log Mountain, and will be the first time Harlan Co. has played in a hostile environment this year.

Don't get me wrong, Harlan Co. has a great team. They're probably just behind Bowling Green, John Hardin, and Warren Central in 5A. Their main knocks are lack of a consistent passing game, and they kind of played a Boise St. like schedule this year, with maybe 2 real threats thrown in with a bunch of cake games.

Bell Co. has a great team as well. They throw the ball more consistently than Harlan Co., but still look a little shaky/out of sync on offense at times. At this point, their defense may be a slightly better than Harlan Co, but they are not as big up front on the lines.

Final Prediction: Bell Co. takes this one 34-21
First thing Harlan WILL NOT score more than what Lex Cath did at 33 pts. Second can they stop Davenport?

Bell Co 27
Harlan Co 21
35-0 was last years score at HC. Davenport had 161 yards rushing and 4 TD's.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:First thing Harlan WILL NOT score more than what Lex Cath did at 33 pts. Second can they stop Davenport?

Bell Co 27
Harlan Co 21

:please: First thing can bell stop the three headed monster's ? Second were going to change log mountian's name this year to the BIG KINDLIN PILE after the bears chew up them there logs . 1 aginst 3 i Think ill take HC
when was the last time a harlan co. team beat bell co.?
Cawood in 1986 at Bell.
Bell broke a fairly long losing streak against Cawood in 1987 at Cawood.
If it was at Harlan County I would take the Black Bears....
but I can't go against Bell on Log Mountain this late in the season.

I've been saying that this is the year that they do it.....
but I gotta go with Bell County.

I'd like to see em squeak it out tho....
Harlan Co = Log Mountain Lumberjacks come next Weekend!

Harlan Co - 30
Bell Co - 24
Yo Soy Wrote:Bell Co. still takes this one, for multiple reasons. 1. Harlan Co. has yet to play close with Bell, if it was a close game last year, it would make a difference on the confidence level, but they have big mental hurdles to overcome. 2. Bell Co. has played the tougher schedule, and has seen teams with more speed than Harlan Co. Lexington Catholic is a much faster, more dynamic team than Harlan Co., and Bell should have won that game. 3. Team Speed. Harlan Co. was torched by George Rogers Clark for a bit, solely by 1 player, Bell has a speedy back as well, with a much better team than GRC. 4. It's at Log Mountain, and will be the first time Harlan Co. has played in a hostile environment this year.

Don't get me wrong, Harlan Co. has a great team. They're probably just behind Bowling Green, John Hardin, and Warren Central in 5A. Their main knocks are lack of a consistent passing game, and they kind of played a Boise St. like schedule this year, with maybe 2 real threats thrown in with a bunch of cake games.

Bell Co. has a great team as well. They throw the ball more consistently than Harlan Co., but still look a little shaky/out of sync on offense at times. At this point, their defense may be a slightly better than Harlan Co, but they are not as big up front on the lines.

Final Prediction: Bell Co. takes this one 34-21

I agree with you i just don't think harlan can just line up run the ball every down on us. we haven't had a team that could run the ball against in a long time. Just gotta plan on stopping the run with the black bears cause thats what larkey likes to do. i will take bell county on the mountain!!
HDE Wrote:Cawood in 1986 at Bell.
Bell broke a fairly long losing streak against Cawood in 1987 at Cawood.

This was on the OLD Bell County field, I believe.
1986 would have been on the new field.

Wow with all the offensive firepower HC has we maybe lucky to hold them under 100!!!

How many points has HC scored in the last 3 years against Bell?

Davenport is a great player, perhaps the best to every play on Log mountain but to believe they are a 1 man gang is very..........ahhh never-mind keep thinking that and see what happens.

I hope both teams come out healthy and make runs to Bowling Green.
Ive had Bell ranked number 1 in the mountains all year and until they get beat there still king.
And after Friday they will still be king.

There no doubt that HC can score. Thats not the problem, its there defense giving up to many points to mediocre teams. There defense has to improve to stand a chance in this one. With that said, Bell has Davenport, Deavenport will have 200+ all purpose yards in this one.

Bell Co. 35
Harlan County 21
Going to be a great game. I just hope the Bobcats can stay with that Filthy Animals Defense. Good luck Bobcats
We have played both and have watched manyfilm on both teams.
Offensively: I will give the edge to Bell. Davenport is without a doubt the best player on the field and can score at anytime. Qb: i will go with Harlan Co. he is dangerous and really makes the go.
Defensively: Harlan Co. is much bigger and stronger and maybe a little more physical than Bell.
With that said, it will be a war on Log Mtn.
sandrailman Wrote::please: First thing can bell stop the three headed monster's ? Second were going to change log mountian's name this year to the BIG KINDLIN PILE after the bears chew up them there logs . 1 aginst 3 i Think ill take HC

It take 11 to win a game. I take bell by a TD.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Start a pole and hand out the koolaid.

I started a poll but somebody else can give out the koolaid... LOL
this is a tough one for sure. harlan county has proved their self to be the best team around. so im gonna go with harlan. just way to physical up front. good athletes at every position.

HC-30
BC-14
harlan is good and will go far in the 5a playoffs if not win them, but the fact stands that all the current harlan players have never beat bell county but anyway i think i take bell winning a very close game 38 to 31
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14