Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
I will be in Lexington watching Bowling Green, but I sure would like to see this game. I think this will be the best game in the state this week. There might be people there before school is out to find a spot to watch it.
I believe the big key to the game will be QB play. Both teams should and will key on the others RB. This will open the game up for both QB's to make big plays in the pass and run game. Look for Brewer to have around 250 total yards in this game.
HC-28
BC-14
Mountain Wrote:I believe the big key to the game will be QB play. Both teams should and will key on the others RB. This will open the game up for both QB's to make big plays in the pass and run game. Look for Brewer to have around 250 total yards in this game.
HC-28
BC-14
Very good point, I hope you are right!!
tcb Wrote:The Bears will definitly stop Davenport no problem. The question is can Bell stop HC's dynamic duo in the backfield that is running behind a much more superior offensive line. This one could possibly be a blowout HC-38 BC-7.

Koolaid alert! Possibly even "spiked" koolaid here.
:lmao:
Gummie Bear Wrote:Im pretty sure he is a Letcher Central fan.
No Harlan Co. fan is predicting a blowout.
It will be close or 2-3 touchdown win for someone.

No he is a Boyle County Rebel fan that knows all about our program. He knows all about the Bobcats and has great respect for our program.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Its gonna be a tough game for either team, but I think the comfort of playing on the home turf will be the only difference. Im gonna go with bell 33-28. Anyone want to go with an avatar bet on this one? one of the people posting the harlan county pictures should step up if they are that confident.
[SIZE="2"]

Which ONE would that be ?....HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!.. :lmao:

:haters:

what's the bet?[/SIZE]

:pondering:
Yo Soy Wrote:Bell Co. still takes this one, for multiple reasons. 1. Harlan Co. has yet to play close with Bell, if it was a close game last year, it would make a difference on the confidence level, but they have big mental hurdles to overcome. 2. Bell Co. has played the tougher schedule, and has seen teams with more speed than Harlan Co. Lexington Catholic is a much faster, more dynamic team than Harlan Co., and Bell should have won that game. 3. Team Speed. Harlan Co. was torched by George Rogers Clark for a bit, solely by 1 player, Bell has a speedy back as well, with a much better team than GRC. 4. It's at Log Mountain, and will be the first time Harlan Co. has played in a hostile environment this year.

Don't get me wrong, Harlan Co. has a great team. They're probably just behind Bowling Green, John Hardin, and Warren Central in 5A. Their main knocks are lack of a consistent passing game, and they kind of played a Boise St. like schedule this year, with maybe 2 real threats thrown in with a bunch of cake games.

Bell Co. has a great team as well. They throw the ball more consistently than Harlan Co., but still look a little shaky/out of sync on offense at times. At this point, their defense may be a slightly better than Harlan Co, but they are not as big up front on the lines.

Final Prediction: Bell Co. takes this one 34-21

Talking about a cupcake schedule. Bell Co has played only one good team. No comparison to schedule with these two teams.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:I agree with you i just don't think harlan can just line up run the ball every down on us. we haven't had a team that could run the ball against in a long time. Just gotta plan on stopping the run with the black bears cause thats what larkey likes to do. i will take bell county on the mountain!!

Look at the stats on both teams. Who has thrown it more and for more yards this year?
TopCat Wrote:Harlan Co. Defensive line

#43 6'2 180
#59 6'3 220
#54 5'7 170
#68 6' 170

Where is our BEAST Michael Smith on your list, for some reason Bell leaves off the best guy on our DLINE. I guess it makes Bell look better on paper.
Storm1 Wrote:In case you don't realize this, the varsity plays this game. Not the jv.

In case you did not READ I said for future reference since I thought we could have a civil adult conversation about the future of both excellent programs, but I guess there has to be another smartaleck remark.

Bell got beat badly last year in 9th grade competition and got swept 5 times this season in JV and 9th grade and if Bell had not canceled this Thursday on our 9th grade we could have went for 6 straight. I know it does not make a difference in this years matchup in varsity but down the road it would seem to matter.
This is the one game that I would (think) about going to instead of going to cheer on my son and his teams quest to get a big win going into the playoffs. My heart says that the Black Bears are ready to take that final step to be the top program in SE KY, but I just can't get past that this game is played on Log Mt. And even though the inn keeper of the beloved Hilton is gone, I see the Bobcats keeping the folks from Harlan Co at bay for another year. Bell Co 39 Harlan Co 28.
tcb Wrote:The Bears will definitly stop Davenport no problem. The question is can Bell stop HC's dynamic duo in the backfield that is running behind a much more superior offensive line. This one could possibly be a blowout HC-38 BC-7.

I'd bet the farm that Bell will not get Blown Out in this game, especially on log mountain. I hear people talk about how physical Harlan County is, but this is Bell Co. When has Bell Co been kicked around in the trenches in the last 10 years. This will be a very good game. Two great teams. Its gonna come down to who wants it more and gives the effort to make it happen. Bell never lays down, and Harlan Co. is improving every year. Can't wait. If Harlan hadn't let PCC play them so close I would take them in this game, but I believe Bell will squeak it out at home. Gotta love this time of year.
Forecast from National Weather Service:

Friday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.

Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.

How will this affect the game?...the attendance?...also heard this will be on IHIGH.COM...(Which is awesome when you can't come)...but I felt that last weeks game being on TV had attendance lower than expected IMHO!!!

And I just love a game with huge crowds...of enthusiastic fans!...Not the Crazy weirdo's that show up to ruin a good time!...you guys stay home and watch on IHIGH!!!!!!
redstorm Wrote:We have played both and have watched manyfilm on both teams.
Offensively: I will give the edge to Bell. Davenport is without a doubt the best player on the field and can score at anytime. Qb: i will go with Harlan Co. he is dangerous and really makes the go.
Defensively: Harlan Co. is much bigger and stronger and maybe a little more physical than Bell.
With that said, it will be a war on Log Mtn.

Seems that defensively Harlan has given up a lot this year?
I have not seen either team play but try to follow both. I will take Bell Co. by at least ten points. I really dont think Harlan has been tested the way they will be Friday, but good luck to both teams.:ChairHit:
Gummie Bear Wrote:In case you did not READ I said for future reference since I thought we could have a civil adult conversation about the future of both excellent programs, but I guess there has to be another smartaleck remark.

Bell got beat badly last year in 9th grade competition and got swept 5 times this season in JV and 9th grade and if Bell had not canceled this Thursday on our 9th grade we could have went for 6 straight. I know it does not make a difference in this years matchup in varsity but down the road it would seem to matter.

Not trying to be smart only stating that this game has nothing to do with jv. you have a good jv. You have a good program. What counts now is when varsity plays. It seems it would matter down the road but records show down the road Bell usually prevails no matter what jv history says.
Storm1 Wrote:Seems that defensively Harlan has given up a lot this year?

No not really. Only 17 more points than Bell County.

Harlan County averaged giving up 18 points per game last year and only 15 this year = PROGRESS.

On offense we averaged 36 points per game last year and this year we are averaging 47 points per game.
Storm1 Wrote:Not trying to be smart only stating that this game has nothing to do with jv. you have a good jv. You have a good program. What counts now is when varsity plays. It seems it would matter down the road but records show down the road Bell usually prevails no matter what jv history says.

Ok, sorry. That is fair enough answer and true.
I think it means how close and good both programs are though.
/
Bell County. Looking forward to a possible regional championship with you all.

Bell County-28
Harlan County-24
TopCat Wrote:Not true, I think the JR's this year from Bell beat HC easily as freshman and in JV? 30 to 6 or so in the fresh game? Memory not as good as it used to be but still pretty darn good!!:biggrin:

Harlan County Sports: Football: Bears edge Bell to finish JV schedule at 5-1
Monday, October 24
Bears edge Bell to finish JV schedule at 5-1
The Harlan County junior varsity team's third win this season over Bell County was the toughest as the Black Bears finished the season at 5-1 by scoring in the final minute to edge the Bobcats 22-20 on Monday.

"Any time you can beat Bell County three times it's a good season," Harlan County junior varsity coach Eddie Creech said. "We got a great effort from our kids all season. It was definitely a team effort."

You might want to read thiscause your memory is sliping fast :lmao:
sandrailman Wrote:Harlan County Sports: Football: Bears edge Bell to finish JV schedule at 5-1
Monday, October 24
Bears edge Bell to finish JV schedule at 5-1
The Harlan County junior varsity team's third win this season over Bell County was the toughest as the Black Bears finished the season at 5-1 by scoring in the final minute to edge the Bobcats 22-20 on Monday.

"Any time you can beat Bell County three times it's a good season," Harlan County junior varsity coach Eddie Creech said. "We got a great effort from our kids all season. It was definitely a team effort."

You might want to read thiscause your memory is sliping fast :lmao:

He wasn't talking about Bell's JV this year. He was saying the current juniors, when they were freshman and playing fresh/jv games beat up on HC.
Bell Co-27
Harlan Co-13
i wonder what it would be like if bell, middlesboro, and pineville joined together like Cumberland, cawood, and evarts did?
bch8 Wrote:i wonder what it would be like if bell, middlesboro, and pineville joined together like Cumberland, cawood, and evarts did?

Harlan wouldn't schedule em...
that's what would happen
bch8 Wrote:i wonder what it would be like if bell, middlesboro, and pineville joined together like Cumberland, cawood, and evarts did?

Bell is a consolidated school. Which school's shut down to make up Bell County?
Harlan County defense will do the Black Bears in this time around
If Perry puts up 29
Whitley puts up 25
and GRC puts up 36
What is Bell going to do?

Bell County 55
Harlan County 19

That's a serious post btw
The only way Bell doesn't put up 50 is that Harlan doesn't score a lot and it gets out of hand early.
Mills will call the dogs off and be respectful.
hats some insane reasoning above me here. if thats the case if lafyette puts 28 or 30 on bell (cant remember the score right off hand) and lafyette only put 22 on GRC and harlan county put 57 on GRC then does that mean they can put 50 on bell?.................btw 35-27 HC
shot_calla Wrote:Harlan County defense will do the Black Bears in this time around
If Perry puts up 29
Whitley puts up 25
and GRC puts up 36
What is Bell going to do?

Bell County 55
Harlan County 19

That's a serious post btw
The only way Bell doesn't put up 50 is that Harlan doesn't score a lot and it gets out of hand early.
Mills will call the dogs off and be respectful.

Really? This is the most absurd thing I have read on this thread, 55-19?

there wouldnt be much difference other than some depth. i doubt there would be a handful from the other teams to even take anyones spot at bell maybe 3. just my opinion
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next