Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
wildcats fan Wrote:This game is going to come down to who can stop the rushing

Harlan County is rushing for 3,498 yards this season while giving up 1,037 yards

Bell County is rushing for 2,586 yards this season while giving up 863 yards

I was just looking at each of Bell County and Harlan County schedules they both played Whitley County... Bell County beat Whitley County 42 to 17.... Harlan County beat Whitley County 51 to 25.

My pick is Bell County 35 Harlan County 34

It was actually Bell County 33 Whitley County 10
Not that it matters.

Bell County 34
Harlan county 26
Not one to try to predict scores, but I'll get in on the guessing game and say 29-14 Bell.
You guys are at it early this morining aren't ya.

Go CATS! :Cheerlead
I guess I'll get in here and argue with you guys this week.
The Somerset fans already ran me out lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess I'll get in here and argue with you guys this week. The Somerset fans already ran me out lol

:lmao::lmao:
Great game to finish up the regular season. Very close match up. In the end I believe the home team prevails. Bell County 35, Harlan County 29.
Keep seeing things about Harris from GRC being much faster than Corey. Guess what they both were at the EKU camp this summer. Pokey was .01 of a second faster in the 40 on both runs so I guess he is faster but alot??? I don't think so!!!
Bell co will win it by 20 points
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Keep seeing things about Harris from GRC being much faster than Corey. Guess what they both were at the EKU camp this summer. Pokey was .01 of a second faster in the 40 on both runs so I guess he is faster but alot??? I don't think so!!!

Very true I have heard that from the DB coach at EKU myself. Pokey was 152lbs and Davenport was 174lbs but 1 inch shorter. Davenport was much stronger in the weight lifting portion as well and had a faster shuttle time.
Filthy Animal Wrote:[IMG][/IMG]

[SIZE="2"]Just don't forget to chew good boys!...Confusednicker:

Go HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!!!.... :redboxer:[/SIZE]

I am sooooo looking forward to this game!!!!!!! :Hungry:
Thats a good one..Wink
[Image: http://i55.tinypic.com/905anr.jpg]
For some Comparison

According to team rosters

Bell Offensive Line

#78 6' 5 290
#65 5' 11 255
#60 6' 2 270
#77 6' 2 285
#62 6' 4 260

Harlan Co. Defensive line

#43 6'2 180
#59 6'3 220
#54 5'7 170
#68 6' 170

Bell's Defensive line

#70 6' 226
#65 5' 11 255
#63 5' 10 195
#50 5' 11 215

Harlan Co. Offensive line
#71 6'1 295
#69 6' 200
#59 6'3 220
#74 6 215
#58 6'2 250
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Keep seeing things about Harris from GRC being much faster than Corey. Guess what they both were at the EKU camp this summer. Pokey was .01 of a second faster in the 40 on both runs so I guess he is faster but alot??? I don't think so!!!

Interesting.
The Bears will definitly stop Davenport no problem. The question is can Bell stop HC's dynamic duo in the backfield that is running behind a much more superior offensive line. This one could possibly be a blowout HC-38 BC-7.
tcb Wrote:The Bears will definitly stop Davenport no problem. The question is can Bell stop HC's dynamic duo in the backfield that is running behind a much more superior offensive line. This one could possibly be a blowout HC-38 BC-7.

Don't see that happening at all. Confusednicker:
Amped 88 Wrote:Don't see that happening at all. Confusednicker:

unless 150+ and 3 td's is considered stopping someone now.
tcb Wrote:The Bears will definitly stop Davenport no problem. The question is can Bell stop HC's dynamic duo in the backfield that is running behind a much more superior offensive line. This one could possibly be a blowout HC-38 BC-7.

Have to say, I don't see this happening at all. I say Bell Co. 28 Harlan Co. 20.

That just borders on arrogance or stupidity.

What team did Harlan County throttle this season that gives you the hint of doing what you just predicted? PCC (fine team that is 7-2 that the Bears beat by 15)? Knox Central (who is 5-3 but you only beat by 20)?

Harlan County may win but you are going against a team/program that has been there far, far more than your program has in recent history. Show a little grasp of reality. :insane:
this will be decided late in the 4th qtr i think!
Bobcats going to win, and take over the top spot in the mountain top 10
Hatz Wrote:Harlan County may win but you are going against a team/program that has been there far, far more than your program has in recent history. Show a little grasp of reality. :insane:

Im pretty sure he is a Letcher Central fan.
No Harlan Co. fan is predicting a blowout.
It will be close or 2-3 touchdown win for someone.

How many 40 yard dashes does Davenport or Harris run in a game without pads on?
NONE

It would be possible that one runner could run faster than the other on grass in pads in a game and .01 second would not seperate them.

No one said he was ALOT faster, just faster and your stat from the combine proves that regardless of amount.

Everyone is giving Corey his props but there are other runningbacks in the state that can compare you know. It does not always have to be Bell Co all the time.

No one from Harlan Co. is tooting Marcus's horn but we all know he is one of the best in the MTNS at RB.
Harlan Co. wins.
Some relevant information for the future of this series-

FRESHMEN 2011

Harlan Co. 22
Bell Co. 18

Harlan Co. 28
Bell Co. 12

JV 2011

Harlan Co. 12
Bell Co 6

Harlan Co. 30
Bell Co 14

Harlan Co 22
Bell Co 20

The only loss the Bears have had this season in 9th-JV-Varsity is a 1 pt loss in overtime to Corbin.

http://www.harlancountysports.com/
Love them both!!
32 - 21 Bell County gets the "W"
On Log Mountain and Retakes The Mountain
Number one spot.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:No disrespect to HC, but I'd say Belfry is second to Bell in the mountains. The two years HC and Bell has played, Bell's put a good old fashioned country style whuppin on 'em, and if I was a betting man, I'd be willing to bet had HC and Belfry played, Belfry would've done the same thing.
No disrespect to Bell or HC, but the pirates are second to none in the mountains. They have been on the carpet six times in the last decade.
watcher Wrote:No disrespect to Bell or HC, but the pirates are second to none in the mountains. They have been on the carpet six times in the last decade.

4 times actually, but still unmatched in the past decade.
ALLABOUTTHEB Wrote:Should be a dandy, might have to skip Clay Co & head down to Bell Co for this one. Both teams are great & evenly matched. Bell is not as good as last year & Harlan is a lot better than they were last year. Should be a nail biter but I think Harlan will pull it off, if they can overcome the mental aspect of playing Bell, AT Bell. Davenport is a special player & he's gonna get his. If they can contain the rest & keep Davenport from just going off, they should win. IMO, if you took Davenport's big play ability away from Bell, Harlan would beat'em 3TD's. But friday night, he will be in the backfield, making big plays.
Harlan 35
Bell 34
I agree with you 100%, but Davenport is there. I would say Coach Mills appreciates having his speed. If HC had a back like that they would probably win by a big amount.

Hats off to you if you can because no one has been able to catch him yet.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Some relevant information for the future of this series-

FRESHMEN 2011

Harlan Co. 22
Bell Co. 18

Harlan Co. 28
Bell Co. 12

JV 2011

Harlan Co. 12
Bell Co 6

Harlan Co. 30
Bell Co 14

Harlan Co 22
Bell Co 20

The only loss the Bears have had this season in 9th-JV-Varsity is a 1 pt loss in overtime to Corbin.

http://www.harlancountysports.com/

In case you don't realize this, the varsity plays this game. Not the jv.
Bell Co will remain Harlan Co's Daddy.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next