Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
49.25%
Perry County Central
50.75%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Perry Central 10/28
Somerset has not done a thing all season.
Commodores 35
Somerset 13
Norm Peterson Wrote:I can assure you that both I and RoShamBo both played for the Somerset program and take Zaga Fan's shots, (who from his own post didn't have the sack to play football) just as personally.

Sorry...
I had a shot to go Division I in something else and did just that.
That's what I tell myself every time I wake up anyway.
But deep down inside I know I didn't stick with football because I didn't have "the sack" to do it.

Talk trash about Perry all day long and you can talk trash to me for all I care...
but it'd be nice to keep the personal attacks out of it because it never fails that every mod on the site gets an IM crying for blood over it.

As I've stated...
there was absolutely NOTHING but positive things meant from my comment about your "recent success"" and in no way was my saying "recent success" a shot at your past success.
I just remember when I was in high school I had a friend who played for Pikeville that beat you guys in the first round of the playoffs pretty handily.
If that was an anomaly and wasn't the norm for you superstars I'm sorry....
that's the only thing I remember from Somerset because I don't really follow anyone West of I-75.
RoShamBo Wrote:Meant to do damage. Really just trying to throw it back zaga's way every now and then to keep him happy. I've been reading Perry Central threads all year so I knew it was coming.

I'm glad you "knew it was coming".
I didn't expect anything but respectful posts from you guys until everyone got up in arms over my disrespectful post...

"Somerset has played well in recent years"

I understand now that by default I was saying that Somerset sucked in the past.
ah boys...
GridIronGod Wrote:Somerset has not done a thing all season.
Commodores 35
Somerset 13

Just don't talk about season's past, bro.
They'll go wild.
**zaga_fan has officially retired from this thread**
.............Common Opponents
Perry County Central Somerset
41 - 40........Whitley County........21 - 27
..............margin
1................................................-6

MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
26.............32........8(5A).........Perry County Central
19.7..........47........3(5A).........Somerset
Point spread Perry County Central by 6
Perry County Central Probability of Victory 64.1125261

Should be a good game, PCC by 7
zaga_fan Wrote:Zaga's Predictions for Somerset @ Perry

#1) A Perry Central Win
#2) A Somerset Loss
#3) Perry Scores NO LESS than 30 Points
#4) Matt Robinson >/= 15 Total Tackles
#5) Somerset fans get butt-hurt
#6) Perry continues to improve as they move on to the best regular season record in the history of the school.
Smile

:Thumbs: it is the best PCC season record! but ties mc napiers record they went 8-2 one year!
RoShamBo Wrote:Storm is awesome, but no. John Cole was the best high school wide receiver I have ever seen. We had a ref from West Va. in 2006 when John was a junior who said John was the best high school receiver he had seen since Randy Moss. Like JD said, Storm is great, but John Cole is a rare talent.

Be serious here... He is nowhere near the best high school wide receiver ever or anything. He was a great central KY player that has had a decent college career.. I would have rather had John Olinger from Hazard than Cole.
dore20 Wrote:Be serious here... He is nowhere near the best high school wide receiver ever or anything. He was a great central KY player that has had a decent college career.. I would have rather had John Olinger from Hazard than Cole.

olinger was a beast!!
Man.. I'm just curious but a Commodore is a Commodore.
My question is what the hell is a Briar Jumper?
Program must have not been all that good cause I've never heard of a mascot called a Briar Jumper.
Im going to take Perry 35-21
PCC by about tree-fiddy.
Cry about your "meaningless" record a year or two ago..
As far as I can tell it is year 2011 and PCC is 7-2.
Ballers Wrote:Man.. I'm just curious but a Commodore is a Commodore.
My question is what the hell is a Briar Jumper?
Program must have not been all that good cause I've never heard of a mascot called a Briar Jumper.

All i kno is it's a rabbitt,
dore20 Wrote:Be serious here... He is nowhere near the best high school wide receiver ever or anything. He was a great central KY player that has had a decent college career.. I would have rather had John Olinger from Hazard than Cole.

Since I said he was and all? Fact is, John Cole was a special talent and if you can't agree with this you clearly never saw him play. And his career at Vanderbilt has been a little better than decent by KY high school WR standards. He's started since day 1, got hurt as a true freshman first game, led the team in receiving as a redshirt freshman, was one of their top receivers last year playing the whole season with a broken hand, and was having another good year before a season ending injury this year. There are several SEC and at least one NFL coach who would agree with me on his talent and ability.
RoShamBo Wrote:Since I said he was and all? Fact is, John Cole was a special talent and if you can't agree with this you clearly never saw him play. And his career at Vanderbilt has been a little better than decent by KY high school WR standards. He's started since day 1, got hurt as a true freshman first game, led the team in receiving as a redshirt freshman, was one of their top receivers last year playing the whole season with a broken hand, and was having another good year before a season ending injury this year. There are several SEC and at least one NFL coach who would agree with me on his talent and ability.

He is a DECENT college player. Thats all there is to it, im not arguing he was a great high school player. But i mean he is in no way a stand out in college at all.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm glad you "knew it was coming".
I didn't expect anything but respectful posts from you guys until everyone got up in arms over my disrespectful post...

"Somerset has played well in recent years"

I understand now that by default I was saying that Somerset sucked in the past.

Truth be told I do have respect for your program and have congratulated you guys on success in the past, even if I don't really care about it or this game (sorry, don't agree with playing non district opponents last game of the reg. season). You can read my posts and see that I have always been respectful of other programs. What I have a problem with is how some Perry fans on here like to downplay the accomplishments of other programs to make your program look better in little things like the Mountain Top 10, and I'm not just talking about us. And I think it was you referencing our so called 'mediocrity' over the years that got under some skin, just saying you make your own beds taking shots at programs that have had more success than yours don't get mad when it comes back your way.
guys 2011 season is all that matters!! no one cares about the past right now!
zaga_fan Wrote:**zaga_fan has officially retired from this thread**

This is really funny that someone who just posted a full page of "butthurt pictures" acts like everyone elses arguments are exhausting! Confusedtare:
Somerset wins. They are a very good 2A team and PCC showed a chink in their armor against LCC and Whitley.
Brutal Truth Wrote:Somerset wins. They are a very good 2A team and PCC showed a chink in their armor against LCC and Whitley.

You make no point at all. They played horrible offense against LCC but there D was great. And the whitley game was completely different as our offense showed up but our D didnt. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. those two games were like completely different PCC teams. And yea Somerset is a very good 2-a team but Perry is a very good 5-a team, so as far as that goes advantage Perry.
Also, in what way is him referencing your 'sack' or lack thereof any different than dedicating an entire page to pictures saying he is 'butthurt'?
RoShamBo Wrote:Also, in what way is him referencing your 'sack' or lack thereof any different than dedicating an entire page to pictures saying he is 'butthurt'?

lets leave all sacks out of this game lol
First things first, Perry could be 0-8 right now and I guarantee the fans would still be raising hell every week. It seems to be what they've done since they opened the door.
Norm Peterson Wrote:So if Somerset is one of the worst offensive teams you've seen all season you won't have a problem making an avatar bet on that shutout then?

Who is your team? Did you watch them play any teams as good as Hazard, Breathitt and Glasgow? Have you seen Somerset since they settled on a quarterback?

I dont have a favorite team. Im partial to PCC because of where I live. But I played in another state.
The last time I saw them was against glasgow. I think #10 was QB,Wr,K,P,PR,Kr, and RB.
dore20 Wrote:You make no point at all. They played horrible offense against LCC but there D was great. And the whitley game was completely different as our offense showed up but our D didnt. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. those two games were like completely different PCC teams. And yea Somerset is a very good 2-a team but Perry is a very good 5-a team, so as far as that goes advantage Perry.

Well it obviously seems that PCC is inconsistent and against lesser opponents you can get by with it. I dare say Somerset is better than both teams you mentioned. I have seen Somerset a couple of times and they are consistent. Hopefully the point is more clear for you.
zaga_fan Wrote:**zaga_fan has officially retired from this thread**

You all have officially hurt the butt of the most famous butt hurter. Geez, whats wrong Zaga? Its only Tuesday, you cant "tap out" now. I thought maybe you had the thickest skin of us all on here.
Brutal Truth Wrote:Somerset wins. They are a very good 2A team and PCC showed a chink in their armor against LCC and Whitley.

Really? Whitley is tough. A lot better then the 3 win record shows. I agree without Logan Johnson Perry played down to LCC, maybe they were looking to Harlan or maybe just overlooking the Cougars.
Im glad I get to see this game Friday.
Brutal Truth Wrote:Well it obviously seems that PCC is inconsistent and against lesser opponents you can get by with it. I dare say Somerset is better than both teams you mentioned. I have seen Somerset a couple of times and they are consistent. Hopefully the point is more clear for you.

But somerset is not better than johnson or knox and we played great against them. Also somerset would not come within 2 touchdowns of Harlan on there best day. Yes Perry has a bad habbit of playing to the talent of there opponents and i hope they get that fixed very soon.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next