Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Perry Central 10/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Coming off their big disappointing loss to the number one team in the mountains Harlan Central. The commodores return home and welcome into Air Port Gardens the Briar Jumpers of Somerset.

Who wins and why?
Perry Central-28
Somerser-23
Perry Central - 43
Somerset - 31
This game is hard to call. There's no rivalry between the two teams as they have never met before. I can't imagine either team taking any chances with any injured players with the playoffs looming the next week or even really opening up the playbook to show anything new. Perry Central is at home and Somerset will be facing a very tough task. I think this one, like most of Somerset's other games this season will be a close game decided by a score or two either way.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Perry Central - 43
Somerset - 31

I may be wrong but I don't see PCC scoring 43 on Somerset's defense. They have allowed more than 3 scores in a game only once all season and only average allowing 14 points a game. I think this game will be played in the teens and 20s.

Unless either team sits out a bunch of banged up players--then all bets are off either way.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I may be wrong but I don't see PCC scoring 43 on Somerset's defense. They have allowed more than 3 scores in a game only once all season and only average allowing 14 points a game. I think this game will be played in the teens and 20s.

Unless either team sits out a bunch of banged up players--then all bets are off either way.

I agree. Somerset has a very tough defense and good speed overall. These 2 teams match up very well from what I have seen from both. Should be a good one in APG next Friday.
They've not played an offense like Perry's though. Perry scored 30 even on the Filthy Animals.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I agree. Somerset has a very tough defense and good speed overall. These 2 teams match up very well from what I have seen from both. Should be a good one in APG next Friday.

It should be a fun game to watch. Like I said before there's no history between these two teams and with the playoffs coming up the next week there's little pressure on either team. Hopefully, this game helps both teams get ready for the playoffs and everyone comes out of it healthy.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:They've not played an offense like Perry's though. Perry scored 30 even on the Filthy Animals.

And they were shut out by Rockcastle and held to 13 by Letcher County Central.

Glasgow averages 40 points a game--they scored 14 on Somerset even with 7 Briar Jumper turnovers.

Breathitt County averages 46 points a game--they scored 20 on Somerset, the last score coming with only a few minutes to go in the game.

Perry County Central has only scored that many points twice this season. Do you think that Somerset is one of the worst defenses that the Commodores have faced?

Like I said, I could be wrong and we could sit out a bunch of players but it will be a major surprise if the Commodores score that many. I'm not saying they won't beat Somerset--I just don't look for a high scoring game.
Will a Mod put a poll up please?
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:They've not played an offense like Perry's though. Perry scored 30 even on the Filthy Animals.

And 13 against Letcher Central and 0 against Rockcastle. Dunbar, GRC, and Whitley put up points on Harlan County too.
^ Very true. If it was a district game, or a game that actually mattered, I would make it closer and lower scoring. But I wouldn't be suprised to see guys like Matt Robinson, and Cody Hollon (key defensive players) rested.
I think the Briar jumpers come ready to win an get a big "W" 34-28
I wouldn't even worry about this game, I would just go tell some of my young players to have fun even if it does mean another loss. My starters wouldn't see the field after the 1st series.

With starters in the whole game
PCC-20
Somerset-14

Bench
Pcc-7
Somerset-28
^Yeah, this game is meaningless in the grand scheme of Perrys season. Wouldn't bother me at all if we rested our starters and just took the L.
But if everybody plays for both teams it should be a dandy. Something like 24-20, could go either way.
It's really unfortunate that Somerset lost Tevin Slaughter for the entire season to a broken foot last week. He is a BIG difference maker on defense but at least they will have him back next season.
Somerset is (2-2) on the Road

Perry Central is (3-1) at home

There both about even in the W-L Column. I'll take the Briar Jumpers in a nail bitter 38-35
Neither team needs to play the starters in the 3rd and 4th quarters pull the starters and play the jv after that.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Will a Mod put a poll up please?

Done!
Somerset 34
Perry Central 20
Somersets starters will be lucky to see the 1st Qrt. No way does Coach Lucas take a shance on getting someone hurt.
Ive saw somerset 3 times this year. Ive saw perry 3 times as well. All 3 of somersets games I was very unimpressed. They had a pretty solid D in all three games, however I never saw a good offensive production out of them. They ran a lot of screens which I think may catch perry off guard. Anytime you go away from Robinson you may have success.
However, Perrys offense if clicking may be just to much. This may be the first time I see somersets D give up 3 scores.

But if im thinking correctly, neither team will play full strength the whole game for the playoffs. So this one could go either way I guess. If they play full strength, Perry wins by 20.
I think it was #10 from Somerset that impressed me the most. He seemed to do it all. Run, pass, catch, and kick.
Perry 30
Somerset 20

That is if Perry plays everyone
I'm not a fan of resting starters
If they are banged up, rest em
If not, keep everyone sharp and let em play
Statistics dont show that resting helps
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:I think it was #10 from Somerset that impressed me the most. He seemed to do it all. Run, pass, catch, and kick.

Senior Alex Lange. And yep, he does about everything for the Jumpers.
I'm going to go with the Commodores in this one just because there is nothing to gain with this game, but all to lose. I don't expect to see many of the 'banged up' Jumpers playing much of the ballgame with the playoffs around the corner.
Perry Central 28
Somerset 21
I'll go with Perry Central. They don't lose often at home.
Somerset by 4
If the starters play, then Perry takes this. I like there air raid offense, and Robinson is a BEAST On defense.

Perry-21
Somerset-7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11