Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
Bell 35
Harlan 20
Bell Co. 20-14.
people that say davenport aint shifty really need to come watch him play, the kid runs like a 4.3 forty an can juke somebody an not even slow down. i will say i havent seen HC play but i did hear that they are the team to beat, but i just dont see them comin to bell an takin a win. it may happen, not sayin it wont. Bell may not have all the size on D but just keep an eye on david hoskins number 70 for bell when HC has the ball, the kid can flat out play defense.....i predict 21-17 bell, may be wrong but either its gonna be barn burner!
Great news for those who will not be able to get to the game. It will be live on IHIGH. Link to video is...http://www.ihigh.com/ckysports/broadcast...verlight=1
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I think it is also WYMT game of the week?

If anyone thinks CORY Davenport is not shifty must think Barry Sanders was a straight line runner. That kid has more moves than Dancing with the stars, but the best quality I have seen from him is how hard and fast he hits the hole.
William Muney Wrote:I think it is also WYMT game of the week?

I heard that.
William Muney Wrote:I think it is also WYMT game of the week?

If anyone thinks CORY Davenport is not shifty must think Barry Sanders was a straight line runner. That kid has more moves than Dancing with the stars, but the best quality I have seen from him is how hard and fast he hits the hole.

Cory is an ELITE runner no doubt but he is not the same type of running back that Pokey at GRC is and that is not saying Pokey is better because he is not but he is a different kind of runner, not a knock just the truth. Cory is very fast but NFL players do not run 4.3s
Going with Harlan County.
This has to be one of the best rivalries in the state, dating back to the Cawood days. I remember paychecks being bet up at Blackstar on this game. It creates a little bit of insanity-even on message boards. :biggrin: I love it! With that being said, my Bobcats will take care of business Friday night.
Bell co by 21. Someone has given the filthy animals a bath this year. Harlan Co. is a good mnt. team but not Bell good ( yet).
Gummie Bear Wrote:Cory is an ELITE runner no doubt but he is not the same type of running back that Pokey at GRC is and that is not saying Pokey is better because he is not but he is a different kind of runner, not a knock just the truth. Cory is very fast but NFL players do not run 4.3s

People don't believe that Davenport runs a 4.3 but what it is is what it is and alot of people in the NFL runs faster than that
i think this game will the game of the year in the mountains with 2 great football teams going at it. both teams have 2 good rb's, a great defence and pass enough to keep the defence honest. with it being at log mountain i have to go with my bobcats. i just hope both teams come out of this game injury free and make a run for state and bring it home to the mountains. just think some people have to much time on their hands for this site, i mean i'm all for supporting your team but some of you (both sides) take it to far. just let the kids play football and sit back an enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
I knew Corey he had went to the Ultimate 100 camp, but these stats are from his freshman year. I don't know how 40 times improve over 3 years. 4.51 as a fresman is fairly fast. Here is link to his NUC combine stats.

http://nationalunderclassmen.ning.com/m/...Davenport&
Gummie Bear Wrote:Cuz most people consider King of the Mountains as they best current team, like every other year.
Bell Co. just became revelant again in 2007, just 5 short years ago.
They have not beaten many good teams in the mtns since that span either to hold much claim like Belfry has.

:thatsfunn Where do I begin? Just became relevant again in '07, and not beaten many good mountain teams? I do believe that back in '04 bell lost a controversial game to eventual state champs in highlands in the semis, '05 replacing 95% of their offense (Shawn Robbins) they lost the region title game to a tough as nails Rockcastle team, '06 another loss to Rock, '07 loss to eventual state champs Lex Cath, '08 a state title, '09 and '10 a loss to champs Boyle County. Only relevant since '07, sure.

Now onto how Bell hasn't beaten very many good mountain schools, Bell has dominated every mountain school they've come into contact with for a decade besides maybe Rock. Who in the world are you to make such an outlandish claim? Whose Harlan County beat? I don't see 5A Harlan trying to schedule 5A Johnson Central, who Bell took on and dismantled. I see them scheduling Lee County, and 1A or 2A Gate City with their non district sched. Harlan hadn't scheduled Knox Central until this year. Bell has took on the top mountain schools year in and year out with the exception of Belfry. What top mountain school has HC scheduled other than Bell that they don't have to play?
I agree BellCoFaithful!!
I'll take Bell they were very very good and that was the opening game of the year. I think the Bobcats have lost only 2 regular season games in the past 3 years?
Bell being at home is huge, but i believe Harlan Co. Qb experience will be the difference..
THis will be a Great one on Log Mtn..
thats right it is going to be a good game and some fans on both sides take it a little far but HC dont need to think they just coming down to log mountain and we just going to roll over without a fight:Shaking: what ever makes you sleep at night it is going to be a defensive war:rockon:
Both teams are very talented! It will be a war! Both teams have scheduling issues, cause no one wants to play them. My question is should this game be played so late in the year? Yes it will provide the kind of competition both will see down the road. Is it worth the risk? No doubt it has become the rivalry in SEKY. Everyone keeps saying that this team lost this player and that player, or if they had this player HC would have lost! Posters on here seem to forget that HC lost 2 of their starters for the year at the beginning of the season. One of which would have been one of the regions best players! BAR NONE! Ranking schedules is rediculious! This game matters to the boys and fans and that's all! No playoff implications here! HC has a realistic shot at state this year! Bell will lose in the region finals to CENTRAL! With that being said I'll take HC in a close one 28-27! GO BEARS!
HDE Wrote:Cawood in 1986 at Bell.
Bell broke a fairly long losing streak against Cawood in 1987 at Cawood.

It may be 24 years since a Harlan County team beat the Bobcats.. But this year will not change.

The bobcats will make it 25 years....

GO BOBCATS:ChairHit:
This will be the most anticipated batte of the season in Eastern Kentucky and this was known from day one of the season. Both teams are outstanding football teams. Davenport is an outstanding running back and HC along with all of Kentucky's Football Knowitalls know this to be true. Is he shifty? Absolutely. Is he fast? Yes, very. Pokey on the other hand is on a different level of speed. Davenport isnt anywhere near as fast as Pokey, but Davenport is very fast. HC has great respect for Davenport and his abilities. Schedule? Who has Bell played since their second game (against Lafayette) of the season? Bell played two tough ones and then??? Enough about the schedules. It is hard for both teams to get teams to play. HC and Bell play who they can get to play. This game will be a battle and if you think that HC lays down you have no knowledge at all. The Black Bears will come with fire in their eyes and so will Bell. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
Harlan County - 36
Bell County - 35
As I said earlier, I wish they would play the 3rd or 4th game of the year. But I kind of like the anticipation of waiting all year. Just seems like everyone is talking about rest and both teams are ready for a war. But on the other hand there's no let down from this game to the playoffs. Whoever throws the ball may get the upper hand.

I wonder what the total rushing will be combined for both teams? Should be a running clock, except for the occasional big play.
BB CLAW Wrote:This will be the most anticipated batte of the season in Eastern Kentucky and this was known from day one of the season. Both teams are outstanding football teams. Davenport is an outstanding running back and HC along with all of Kentucky's Football Knowitalls know this to be true. Is he shifty? Absolutely. Is he fast? Yes, very. Pokey on the other hand is on a different level of speed. Davenport isnt anywhere near as fast as Pokey, but Davenport is very fast. HC has great respect for Davenport and his abilities. Schedule? Who has Bell played since their second game (against Lafayette) of the season? Bell played two tough ones and then??? Enough about the schedules. It is hard for both teams to get teams to play. HC and Bell play who they can get to play. This game will be a battle and if you think that HC lays down you have no knowledge at all. The Black Bears will come with fire in their eyes and so will Bell. GO BLACK BEARS!!!

It was pretty anticipated last year too...
I think Harlan County can beat Bell the 1st big problem is its on log mt come planing to score at least two to be in the game and 4 to win. I have seen the middle school program at Bell and the last few years not been very good so unless they draft some players from the around them this match up starts head Harlans way soon and maybe even corbin who was just bad this year very bad but only time will tell.I saw a lot of talk about the teams Bell had faced LC AND Lafayette were two best teams they played lost to LC and didnt put the game way untill late agianst Lafayette the rest are weak. Good Luck to both teams
I wish I could go see this game, gotta love a mountain match up like this. I really wanna say Harlan Co. but Bell Co.will pull it out only because it's at home.
Yea well, I remember how you and your buds highly anticipated the HC vs Perry County Central game last year. This is this year and all of Eastern Kentucky knows what a battle will ensue come Friday Night. Bell knows and HC knows. Again, the Black Bears will have fire in their eyes and so will Bell. Both teams will give it their best and leave it all on the field. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
This game is going to come down to who can stop the rushing

Harlan County is rushing for 3,498 yards this season while giving up 1,037 yards

Bell County is rushing for 2,586 yards this season while giving up 863 yards

I was just looking at each of Bell County and Harlan County schedules they both played Whitley County... Bell County beat Whitley County 42 to 17.... Harlan County beat Whitley County 51 to 25.

My pick is Bell County 35 Harlan County 34
[IMG][/IMG]

[SIZE="2"]Just don't forget to chew good boys!...Confusednicker:

Go HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!!!.... :redboxer:[/SIZE]

I am sooooo looking forward to this game!!!!!!! :Hungry:
Its gonna be a tough game for either team, but I think the comfort of playing on the home turf will be the only difference. Im gonna go with bell 33-28.

Anyone want to go with an avatar bet on this one? one of the people posting the harlan county pictures should step up if they are that confident.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next