Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Top Ten 10/17
i hope your right BellCoBobcats09, i would like to see bell county come away with a win against harlan county, but i just dont see it..
We will soon find out! Bears win this time by 1!
belfry at #1
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Disagree with the above statement. Bell Co's only loss came against a Top team in 4A and had one of the best QB's in the state. Bell Co beats HC by a TD on Log Mtn.

We'll see. Lexington Catholic is a good team but is not a threat to win 4A. I think HC wins by 14 points.
How does Somerset shut out Hazard on the Bulldogs home field, have 2 of their 3 losses be to undefeated teams (one of them by 7 points), beat Danville by 17 and Lexington Christian by 31 drop out of the top 10 while Hazard stays in the top 10?
Cat Daddy Wrote:Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Johnson Central
6. Knox Central
7. Hazard
8. Perry Central
9. Rockcastle Co.
10. Prestonsburg

***Updated October 17th***
If the top ten played each other who would win? Like could Breathitt beat the teams below them? Not all of them that would be my answer. Could Hazard beat perry or The Rock ? They might could beat the rock now since Rowe is out. All I am saying If a team is rank higher then the teams under them should be no problem if they played.:please:
Ive had Bell ranked ahead of Harlan County all year and rightfully so.
This Bell County program has only lost to 4 mountain teams since 2000.
Rock, Whitley, Corbin, and Pburg are the only teams in the mountains that have beaten them in 12 years.

Look, i love what Harlan county has done with there program. They are BY FAR the best 5A team in the mountains and eastern part of the state. This year they will stand there best chance to beat Bell County. But lets remember, this game means virtually nothing but bragging rights.
Bell County has owned the mountainss in the last decade and until then nobody can rightfully CLAIM the top spot or be king of the mountains. If Harlan county wants that they will have to go earn it on Log Mountain.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Johnson Central
6. Knox Central
7. Hazard
8. Perry Central
9. Rockcastle Co.
10. Prestonsburg

***Updated October 17th***

Whoever males these polls are completely idiotic. Perry is better than hazard and beat johnson and knox......
dore20 Wrote:Whoever males these polls are completely idiotic. Perry is better than hazard and beat johnson and knox......

There's really no shortage of these guys, is there? Amazing..........simply amazing.

I'll bet we'll be hearing this come next season. :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
laker20 Wrote:Absolutely, I love all these programs because they're all great for our young men. I think the fan's of PCC should be proud of what they've done. But at the same time, I don't think some of them are being realistic. I'd love to see them give Harlan Co and Somerset a good game. I just don't understand how anyone could think that they've consistently proven they belong in a spot ahead of JC or Knox. Yes they beat both teams early on, but it's clear that those two teams have improved drastically since the beginning of the season. If Russell Co were to have three poor performances in a row (even if they were wins), then I'd drop them in a hurry. I think you have to earn the ranking in the first place, and then you have to continue to prove you belong there.

I agree. I was just joking with you. I don't have the energy right now to argue with you or RIUTG. Perry is fine at #8, for now, we've not played well enough to maintain a higher ranking, but at least we are winning the games. RIUTG, I still stand behind the high-five buddy remark. :biggrin:
laker20 Wrote:There's really no shortage of these guys, is there? Amazing..........simply amazing.

I'll bet we'll be hearing this come next season. :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

The best way to show who the better team is is by a head to head match up. We beat both Knox and Johnson head to head. So therefor we are better then them THIS YEAR. So you can take your smart ass remark and putt it up ya ass :moon:
dore20 Wrote:The best way to show who the better team is is by a head to head match up. We beat both Knox and Johnson head to head. So therefor we are better then them THIS YEAR. So you can take your smart ass remark and putt it up ya ass :moon:

Okay. So, if that's the case then
1) PCC is better than Knox
2) Knox is better than Rock
3) Rock is better than PCC

Or better yet:

PCC is better than Knox, who's better than Rock, who's better than PCC, who's better than Knox, etc. etc.

Head to head only proves who played better in the game, on that night, period. Consistently performing at a very high level shows who the better teams are, and the questions regarding PCC are in regards to their lack of consistency...even in their last two wins. It's still probably the best Perry Central team that I can remember.......I'm just not sold on the fact that they are better than JC or KC.
laker20 Wrote:Okay. So, if that's the case then

Or better yet:

PCC is better than Knox, who's better than Rock, who's better than PCC, who's better than Knox, etc. etc.

Head to head only proves who played better in the game, on that night, period. Consistently performing at a very high level shows who the better teams are, and the questions regarding PCC are in regards to their lack of consistency...even in their last two wins. It's still probably the best Perry Central team that I can remember.......I'm just not sold on the fact that they are better than JC or KC.
It appears that PCC may have peaked in Week 1 or 2.
I would think Perry Central should be ranked above Hazard
laker20 Wrote:Okay. So, if that's the case then

Or better yet:

Im gonna have to give you another high five on that one buddy lol.

Tiger, its been fun, all jokes aside. I love picking at PCC fans simply because theres so many of you all. I would have to admit that you, along with Asln are the two most reasonable posters, who will predict games the right way and not pick PCC just because its PCC.
Ive gained a lot of respect for you posting on this forum.
Now some of the others i dont know about....
All I know is Bell Co is #1 until a Mtn team beats them, its been since 2006 since someone has.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:All I know is Bell Co is #1 until a Mtn team beats them, its been since 2006 since someone has.

They have not played to many quality mountain teams to test the water and they play the same one a bunch of times. Since they got beat in 2006 I was curious and fond this.

Middlesboro 1-0
Whitley Co 5-0
Clay 1-0
Corbin 1-0
Harlan Co 2-0
Johnson Cent 2-0
Rockcastle 7-0
Knox Cent 6-0
Lawrence 2-0
Boyd Co 1-0
Greenup Co 1-0
Leslie 2-0
Sheldon Clark 2-0

13 teams and take Whitley, Rockcastle and Knox away they have only played 15 mountain contests. It is impressive what Bell Co does every year but tooting a horn on no othe rmountain tema beating them in four years does not sound to big. Live in the present.
Prestonsburg, still in the top ten? Why, Looks as though Pike Central would get some credit? Pike Central has scored 345 points on the year, and given up only 88 in 7 games played...Belfry has played 8 games and scored 336, and given up 98, and yes Belfry has had a couple harder games than Pike Central, but they also have 3 games in common, and Belfry sits at #3, and no mention of Pike Central..................
Hawksrule2011 Wrote:Prestonsburg, still in the top ten? Why, Looks as though Pike Central would get some credit? Pike Central has scored 345 points on the year, and given up only 88 in 7 games played...Belfry has played 8 games and scored 336, and given up 98, and yes Belfry has had a couple harder games than Pike Central, but they also have 3 games in common, and Belfry sits at #3, and no mention of Pike Central..................
Arguing Pike Central's merit based on Belfry
[Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5ykC4HkT6Io/S_...palm23.jpg]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im gonna have to give you another high five on that one buddy lol.

Tiger, its been fun, all jokes aside. I love picking at PCC fans simply because theres so many of you all. I would have to admit that you, along with Asln are the two most reasonable posters, who will predict games the right way and not pick PCC just because its PCC.
Ive gained a lot of respect for you posting on this forum.
Now some of the others i dont know about....

Yea, I think PCC fans have grown to be the most prevalent on here now, plenty of targets to choose from. I have a lot of respect for you as well, I enjoy our occasional spars on here.
rojas Wrote:Bell Co doesn't play Harlan. Bell Co plays Harlan County. These are two different schools.

Knox Central fans should be eternally grateful to Wayne Mills for building the Knox Central program from absolutely horrible to a very well respected and competitive program. I don't see how Knox Central fans or players have been cheated out of anything. You have a very good coach in Scott Russell. Your team just beat one of the traditional powers of eastern Kentucky.

It is no more "wrong" for a coach to choose to go to another school than it is for any of us to change jobs when a opportunity comes along. Was it wrong for Billy Hicks to leave Corbin for Scott County? Was it wrong for Calipari to leave Memphis for Kentucky? I don't think so.

Totally agree. Sick of all the belly aching about Mills leaving Knox. They should be on their knees thanking a man who would take over a program that was embarrassing for years and bringing it out of the dead. He came up here more than once with a Knox team and about kicked our tails. No one else did that. Knox use to be our homecoming every year. He built that program to one of the top in 4A and now he has moved on to another challenge. If my boy was there during these past few years I would be grateful instead of spiteful. You all should be thanking him instead of throwing stones and snide remarks with your posts. Be happy that you are on your way to some winning years and let him move on to a new challenge. We have no problem wanting to keep him around for a long time. My kid is crazy about him.
Do you realize how hard it is to get a coach to schedule Bell Co? Many phone hangups have occurred Id say.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Yea, I think PCC fans have grown to be the most prevalent on here now, plenty of targets to choose from. I have a lot of respect for you as well, I enjoy our occasional spars on here.

Hey now, you guys aint gonna make out r u?
Hawksrule2011 Wrote:Prestonsburg, still in the top ten? Why, Looks as though Pike Central would get some credit? Pike Central has scored 345 points on the year, and given up only 88 in 7 games played...Belfry has played 8 games and scored 336, and given up 98, and yes Belfry has had a couple harder games than Pike Central, but they also have 3 games in common, and Belfry sits at #3, and no mention of Pike Central..................

I've seen nothing from Pike Central to make me think they would stay within 2 touchdowns of any other team in the top 10. JMO

Belfry 52 Pike Central 20. That should end that argument.