Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Top Ten 10/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Johnson Central
6. Knox Central
7. Hazard
8. Perry Central
9. Rockcastle Co.
10. Prestonsburg

***Updated October 17th***
Well that sure makes me look real forward to that Bell vs Harlan game. Sorry I can't type that name without complaining about the fact that 8,000 fans and a 100 players got cheated out of the most anticipated game of the season when Coach Mills went to Bell. I don't care who drove the decision nor what the reasons were - it was wrong.

But I digress - Bell will likely be the local ones to bring HC back to earth. But I could be wrong for sure. I'm pulling for Bell to win the 3A banner and Harlan to win the 5A. This game could be a great tune up for them both to prepare to do just that. Two great teams making each other better to decide who is 1 in the Mountains - good stuff.
Top 4 looks good. After that, it looks like a bunch of teams jumbled up. Rockcastle shouldn't of dropped so low. The only reason I would put Knox ahead of Perry is because Knox killed Rock. Hazard shouldn't be as high as they are.

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Knox Central
6. Rockcastle Co.
7. Perry Central
8. Johnson Central
9. Hazard
10. Prestonsburg
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Top 4 looks good. After that, it looks like a bunch of teams jumbled up. Rockcastle shouldn't of dropped so low. The only reason I would put Knox ahead of Perry is because Knox killed Rock. Hazard shouldn't be as high as they are.

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Knox Central
6. Rockcastle Co.
7. Perry Central
8. Johnson Central
9. Hazard
10. Prestonsburg

il finally agree with u on this! lol
Mine would go like this.
1. Harlan
2a. Bell
2b. Belfry
4. Breathitt
5. Perry Central
6. Knox
7. Rock
8. Johnson Central
9. Somerset
10. Hazard
Mine would go:

1) Bell Co
2) Harlan Co
3) Belfry
4) Breathitt Co
5) Knox Central
6) Rockcastle Co
7) Johnson Central
8) Somerset
9) Hazard
10) Perry Central
Lakers,

3 of your top 4 in 3A. Good stuff.
Football1 Wrote:Well that sure makes me look real forward to that Bell vs Harlan game. Sorry I can't type that name without complaining about the fact that 8,000 fans and a 100 players got cheated out of the most anticipated game of the season when Coach Mills went to Bell. I don't care who drove the decision nor what the reasons were - it was wrong.

But I digress - Bell will likely be the local ones to bring HC back to earth. But I could be wrong for sure. I'm pulling for Bell to win the 3A banner and Harlan to win the 5A. This game could be a great tune up for them both to prepare to do just that. Two great teams making each other better to decide who is 1 in the Mountains - good stuff.

Bell Co doesn't play Harlan. Bell Co plays Harlan County. These are two different schools.

Knox Central fans should be eternally grateful to Wayne Mills for building the Knox Central program from absolutely horrible to a very well respected and competitive program. I don't see how Knox Central fans or players have been cheated out of anything. You have a very good coach in Scott Russell. Your team just beat one of the traditional powers of eastern Kentucky.

It is no more "wrong" for a coach to choose to go to another school than it is for any of us to change jobs when a opportunity comes along. Was it wrong for Billy Hicks to leave Corbin for Scott County? Was it wrong for Calipari to leave Memphis for Kentucky? I don't think so.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Top 4 looks good. After that, it looks like a bunch of teams jumbled up. Rockcastle shouldn't of dropped so low. The only reason I would put Knox ahead of Perry is because Knox killed Rock. Hazard shouldn't be as high as they are.

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Knox Central
6. Rockcastle Co.
7. Perry Central
8. Johnson Central
9. Hazard
10. Prestonsburg
I agree with you on this!!!
i believe that Harlan Co., Bell and Belfry are so close that on any given night any of those teams could beat the other.
johnnyt Wrote:i believe that Harlan Co., Bell and Belfry are so close that on any given night any of those teams could beat the other.

I would agree and maybe even throw in Breathitt Co.
laker20 Wrote:Mine would go:

1) Bell Co
2) Harlan Co
3) Belfry
4) Breathitt Co
5) Knox Central
6) Rockcastle Co
7) Johnson Central
8) Somerset
9) Hazard
10) Perry Central

this is a joke!
I think it looks good for once.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:
Laker20 Wrote:Mine would go:

1) Bell Co
2) Harlan Co
3) Belfry
4) Breathitt Co
5) Knox Central
6) Rockcastle Co
7) Johnson Central
8) Somerset
9) Hazard
10) Perry Central
this is a joke!

If this is a joke, then I guess being in the 10-spot makes Perry Central the butt of the joke.......LOL.

But serious, why do you think so?
Past the first 4, I completely disagree.
laker20 Wrote:If this is a joke, then I guess being in the 10-spot makes Perry Central the butt of the joke.......LOL.

But serious, why do you think so?

cause perrys not behind somerset hazard or johnson central!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:cause perrys not behind somerset hazard or johnson central!

Why do you think they aren't behind them?

Here's part of my reasoning reasoning:
1) Johnson Central has improved consistently throughout the year, and man handled a Rowan Co team that I think would dismantle Perry.
2) Hazard matched Perry's 35 points against P'burg, but only allowed them 12 vs Perry allowing 34.
3) Somerset Beat Hazard 14-0, and has played better the past two weeks than they were at that time.
laker20 Wrote:Why do you think they aren't behind them?

Here's part of my reasoning reasoning:
1) Johnson Central has improved consistently throughout the year, and man handled a Rowan Co team that I think would dismantle Perry.
2) Hazard matched Perry's 35 points against P'burg, but only allowed them 12 vs Perry allowing 34.
3) Somerset Beat Hazard 14-0, and has played better the past two weeks than they were at that time.

1) Of the teams that Rowan Co. have beat, their combined record is 18-40...
The only good teams they've played are Ashland Blazer and Johnson Central. Perry beat Johnson @ Johnson. Rowan got beat by Johnson @ Johnson by 7 touchdowns...
What makes you think Rowan Co. would "dismantle" Perry?

2) Prestonsburg let Sheldon Clark score 12, but scored 34 points. Perry let SC score 14, but held scored two more touchdowns than PBurg.

3) Knox got beat by Perry, who got beat by Rockcastle, who got beat by Knox. Does that mean that all of them should be tied at #5? No, it doesn't.

The last two proves that any team can play differently on any night. So your reasoning isn't very good.
RoShamBo Wrote:I would agree and maybe even throw in Breathitt Co.

I totally agree with you
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:1) Of the teams that Rowan Co. have beat, their combined record is 18-40...
The only good teams they've played are Ashland Blazer and Johnson Central. Perry beat Johnson @ Johnson. Rowan got beat by Johnson @ Johnson by 7 touchdowns...
What makes you think Rowan Co. would "dismantle" Perry?

2) Prestonsburg let Sheldon Clark score 12, but scored 34 points. Perry let SC score 14, but held scored two more touchdowns than PBurg.

3) Knox got beat by Perry, who got beat by Rockcastle, who got beat by Knox. Does that mean that all of them should be tied at #5? No, it doesn't.

The last two proves that any team can play differently on any night. So your reasoning isn't very good.

That was then, this is now. At this point in the season it doesn't matter what happend in weeks one - five. All that matter's is what's happening now, and that's Perry coming off of a scoreless night against Rock, only to get taken to the wire at home against Whitley, then to only put 13 points up on LCC.

Do you honestly think that since you beat Johnson Central way back then that your still better than them? Perhaps they just had a horrible night like you guys have had for three Fridays in a row. Yet your saying that they should still be punished for the loss they had 7-weeks after the fact, but how dare anyone downgrade PCC for their recent performance. A bit biased don't you think?
IMHO, the rankings WYMT does would be MUCH better if they would go back to the mountain top 5 instead of doing the top 10.
That makes it a heck of a lot easier and the rankings were always more accurate.

1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt County
5. Knox Central
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, the rankings WYMT does would be MUCH better if they would go back to the mountain top 5 instead of doing the top 10.
That makes it a heck of a lot easier and the rankings were always more accurate.

1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt County
5. Knox Central

But RIUTG, how can #5 be KC when PCC beat them? In fact Middlesboro used to dominate Bell and Knox Central, and Harlan Co was just a bunch of smaller schools. So, shouldn't middlesboro be #1 in the MTs?

:biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao: :biglmao:
Top four are spot on the rest are just taking up space. I think Bell and Belfry should 1 and 2 Harlan is yet to beat the best. If they beat Bell than OK,but until then to be the best you have to beat the best!
laker20 Wrote:That was then, this is now. At this point in the season it doesn't matter what happend in weeks one - five. All that matter's is what's happening now, and that's Perry coming off of a scoreless night against Rock, only to get taken to the wire at home against Whitley, then to only put 13 points up on LCC.

Do you honestly think that since you beat Johnson Central way back then that your still better than them? Perhaps they just had a horrible night like you guys have had for three Fridays in a row. Yet your saying that they should still be punished for the loss they had 7-weeks after the fact, but how dare anyone downgrade PCC for their recent performance. A bit biased don't you think?

I never said that they should be punished and I never said we we're better than them. But because we BEAT them on their home field, we should be ranked AHEAD of them.

And what's happened recently with Rock, a 26 point-loss to a team that Perry beat.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, the rankings WYMT does would be MUCH better if they would go back to the mountain top 5 instead of doing the top 10.

1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt County
5. Knox Central

I agree with this. 5 is better.

Laker, you love PCC, don't deny it.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I agree with this. 5 is better.

It was always better.
It didnt even go to 10 teams until 6 or 7 years ago and since then the top 10 has been filled with teams that have good records but have played nobody.
They'll rank teams in the top 10 just because of a good record instead of who would actually beat who.
Theres not a 1A or 2A team in the mountains that fully DESERVES or could beat anyone in this top 5 i did.
Whitley is bad this year, ill be the first to admit it, but they clearly outplayed Somerset but teams like Somerset will stay there all year when really smaller school just cant compete with these bigger schools year in and year out in the mountains. Now if you go west or north yea, but not in the mountains.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I agree with this. 5 is better.

Absolutely, I love all these programs because they're all great for our young men. I think the fan's of PCC should be proud of what they've done. But at the same time, I don't think some of them are being realistic. I'd love to see them give Harlan Co and Somerset a good game. I just don't understand how anyone could think that they've consistently proven they belong in a spot ahead of JC or Knox. Yes they beat both teams early on, but it's clear that those two teams have improved drastically since the beginning of the season. If Russell Co were to have three poor performances in a row (even if they were wins), then I'd drop them in a hurry. I think you have to earn the ranking in the first place, and then you have to continue to prove you belong there.
^

Good post my "high five" buddy
this is mine...
1. Harlan County- nobody in the mountains can touch this team- IMO
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Breathitt County
5. Knox Central
6. Rockcastle County
7. Perry County Central
8. Johnson Central
9. Somerset
10. Hazard
Disagree with the above statement. Bell Co's only loss came against a Top team in 4A and had one of the best QB's in the state. Bell Co beats HC by a TD on Log Mtn.
Pages: 1 2