Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell County Lakers
21.62%
Rockcastle County Rockets
78.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30
Rockcastle County will win this game very close
rustyankle Wrote:Can some one post stats of the 2 teams Defense

Russell Co hasn't been posting defensive stats. They have been posting total yards, yards allowed, etc. But they've been posting them wrong. Beginning with the Pulaski game they've been posting YTD totals to the prior YTD total.
Here is Russell Co's 1st 5 games:

SchoolRushing AllowedPassing AllowedTotal Yards
Marion Co.34610356
Whitley Co34227369
South Laurel78373451
Pulaski Co131167298
North Laurel15426180
Totals10516031654
Looks like after South Laurel had a party, coach got them settled down and began playing a better on D.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Looks like after South Laurel had a party, coach got them settled down and began playing a better on D.

I think he said that he "questioned their manhood." The d against Letcher was the best yet, but we only produced 204 yards of offense.
laker20 Wrote:Here is Russell Co's 1st 5 games:

SchoolRushing AllowedPassing AllowedTotal Yards
Marion Co.34610356
Whitley Co34227369
South Laurel78373451
Pulaski Co131167298
North Laurel15426180
Totals10516031654

330 a game does anyone know what Rocks is a game
rustyankle Wrote:330 a game does anyone know what Rocks is a game

They are allowing much less than that. Through 6 games:

Rushing 595
Passing 385
I got i felling that this is going to be a low scoring game. I will say 14-7 Rock. But If it turns into a shoot out i would give Russell the edge.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I got i felling that this is going to be a low scoring game. I will say 14-7 Rock. But If it turns into a shoot out i would give Russell the edge.

14-7.....I hope that's at the end of the 1st qtr. LOL

I think the winner will be in the 30s minimum.
russell co
Have to go with Rockastle at home barring a big let down after a huge win last week.
ill say rockcastle in this one... 33-15
A little food for thought about how these two teams compare. Here's how Rockcastle Co & Russell Co performed against Pulaski County 1 week apart.

Offense:

Rock
47 Rushes - 273 Yards - 4 TD - 5.81 Yards/Carry
16 Pass - 124 Yards - 1 TD - 7.75 Yards/Pass Play
2 PAT, 1 2-pt Conversion
Turn Overs: 0-Int, 0-Fumb
Points Scored 34
Clark Rowe: 25 Carries - 183 Yards - 2TD (7.32 Yards/Carry)

Russell Co
42 Rushes - 255 Yards - 5 TD - 6.07 Yards/Carry
19 Pass - 98 Yards - 2 TD - 5.16 Yards/Pass Play
KO Return for TD, 5 PAT, 1 FG
Turn Overs: 1-Int, 3-Fumb
Points Scored 56
Nick Britt: 22 Carries - 193 Yards - 4TD (8.77 Yards/Carry)

Defense

Rock
26 Rushes - 113 Yards - 1 TD - 4.35 Yards/Carry
18 Pass - 70 Yards - 1 TD - 3.89 Yards/ Pass Play
1 PAT
Turn Overs Created: 2-Int
Points Allowed 13

Russell Co
37 Rushes - 163 Yards - 3 TD - 4.41 Yards/Carry
29 Pass - 164 Yards - 1 TD - 5.66 Yards/ Pass Play
KO Return for TD, 3 PAT
Turn Overs Created: 2-Fumble
Points Allowed 33

A couple of things that stand out:

Rockcastle scored 5 TDs on 63 Plays from scrimmage
Russell Co scored 7 TDs on 61 Plays from scrimmage

Rockcastle was +2 on Turnovers
Russell Co was -2 on Turnovers

Rockcastle held Pulaski to 44 offensive plays
Russell Co held Pulaski to 66 offensive plays
Britt is extremely shifty and fast, Rowe will run you over, great contrasting the two backs both great players, is Clark Rowe going to be healthy and be able to play in this game????? Ill take Russell regardless
In The Trenches Wrote:Britt is extremely shifty and fast, Rowe will run you over, great contrasting the two backs both great players, is Clark Rowe going to be healthy and be able to play in this game????? Ill take Russell regardless

Its district time he will play
Rockets by 3
17-14
Seen both close up, I will go with russell county 35-21
Rowe is playing, done been told that.

I stand by what I say:
Russell to less than 150 rushing
rock wins by 2 tds
former Wrote:Rowe is playing, done been told that.

I stand by what I say:
Russell to less than 150 rushing
rock wins by 2 tds

Quote:Rowe is playing, done been told that.
I fully expect that Rowe will be playing and I'm looking forward to watching these two backs in action.

Quote:I stand by what I say: Russell to less than 150 rushing
It really doesn't matter how many yards we end up with, it's how many scores we can come up with. This game will probably come down to field position, special teams, and turnovers.

If we can force Rock to have to go 80+ yards on every driver, I like our chances (even if we're held to 150 yards rushing). They have to decide: do they kick/punt to Britt and risk a return or do they squib kick and leave the short field. Some teams have chosen just to kick it out of bounds and let us start from the 35 which means we only have to move the ball 30-yards to be in FG range. Either way, the result is a shorter field for us to work (which attributes to our high scoring games w/ lower yardage).

The post I made comparing our performances against the Maroons shows how similar the Lakers and Rockets are. If we had taken care of the ball in the first half, we would have had two more opportunities to score and they would have had two less. We finally settled down in the game with about 9:00 remaining in the 3rd (score was 29-27 Russell). So we went on a 27-6 run in the last 20 minutes or so. We have yet to put a good 4-quarters of football together in a game.

We can't have the same thing happen here. We need to play our best game out of the gate. If we play sound, fundamental offense, then we will score. Rock may make it more difficult, but we are hard to stop when we aren't making our own mistakes.

^The same could be said about Rock's offense, which is what makes this such a good match-up.
This game will not be easy for ethier team. I know both Rowe and britt are two different types of backs, but i fill these teams will be seeing ther selfs this week. I really believe this will be a defensive game.
One day and counting. I hope these players are as fired up as I am to get District play underway.

G
O

L
A
K
E
R
S
:CheerleadBEAT ROCK
it is homecoming friday night, Rock wont lose homecoming,
former Wrote:it is homecoming friday night, Rock wont lose homecoming,

former - I had no idea you was a psychic..
Is there anyway I could send you a list of games that I am betting on?
I might even be able to bring you in on some of the money from it?
C'mon man, let me know.
Ballers Wrote:former - I had no idea you was a psychic..
Is there anyway I could send you a list of games that I am betting on?
I might even be able to bring you in on some of the money from it?
C'mon man, let me know.

Well I have to say I havent been wrong yet, but I aint got any money to gamble with
Rowe is out this week again?
rustyankle Wrote:Rowe is out this week again?

I have been told he was playing by some reliable people.
10-4
former Wrote:Well I have to say I havent been wrong yet, but I aint got any money to gamble with

Then you should be playing the Pick'em.........it's free!
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:This game will not be easy for ethier team. I know both Rowe and britt are two different types of backs, but i fill these teams will be seeing ther selfs this week. I really believe this will be a defensive game.

I think the biggest difference is that Russell would love for this to be a game where each team had 9-10 possessions, where Rock would prefer to keep it around 5-6 possessions.

We like to score points, and where we may have 5-6 plays in row that are good for 3-4 yards, at some point we will break loose for a big play. The more possessions, the more opportunities to get those big plays. We thrive for the big play.

Rock will prefer to keep the clock running in a ground & pound attack with an occasional pass thrown in to keep the D honest. If they can get 4-5 yards each play they'll be plenty happy, and if they do get a big play, it's just icing on the cake. Rock will take the big play.......Russell expects the big play.
laker20 Wrote:I think the biggest difference is that Russell would love for this to be a game where each team had 9-10 possessions, where Rock would prefer to keep it around 5-6 possessions.

We like to score points, and where we may have 5-6 plays in row that are good for 3-4 yards, at some point we will break loose for a big play. The more possessions, the more opportunities to get those big plays. We thrive for the big play.

Rock will prefer to keep the clock running in a ground & pound attack with an occasional pass thrown in to keep the D honest. If they can get 4-5 yards each play they'll be plenty happy, and if they do get a big play, it's just icing on the cake. Rock will take the big play.......Russell expects the big play.

who scores more points in a game?